“We just started dating, he’s the most perfect man in the world, and I can see myself falling head over heels for him. But he’s moving across the country in a couple of weeks and I’m devastated! I’m already googling good night messages for him (long distance relationship)!”
There’s no need to beat around the bush, long-distance relationships suck! You will never under any circumstances hear anyone say, “Yeah, my boyfriend lives 18 hours away from me, in the Netherlands. It’s great fun!” Yikes!
Pretty much every single long-distance relationship leaves you feeling as if your heart is being carved out of your chest! No matter how much you try to romanticize it, there’s nothing appealing about blinking chat bubbles and half-asleep Skype calls. Who thought time zones were a good idea!?
Surviving a long-distance relationship is incredibly difficult but not impossible. Where there’s a will, there’s a way! Besides, there are so many different methods to make your relationship more interesting.
Think about it – you could start watching a new Netflix show together, organize a romantic Skype date, send each other surprise packages and love letters, use one of the many apps for couples, and even plan your next IRL date to a tee! But let’s say you’re looking for something simpler…
Romantic good night messages for a long-distance relationship
Long-distance good night messages might be one of the easiest ways of letting your boyfriend know you’re thinking about him. “You might be countless hours away from me, but you’ve never been closer to my heart. I can’t wait for the moment I get to hold you in my arms again!”
Who wouldn’t want to receive a message like that right before they fall asleep!?
Trust me, you’re conveying more emotions through these good night messages than you would ever be able to convey through forced conversations after a long day of work when all you can think of is to hit the sack.
Luckily for you, there are so many beautiful long-distance good night messages you can use to express your emotions. While you can use them as they are, they are meant to inspire you and guide you to make them appropriate for you and your boyfriend. So, let’s dive in!
1. There might be countless miles between us, but you’re worth every single one. Sleep tight and remember that I will always love you.
2. This is the first time in my life that I’m absolutely positive that distance means nothing when someone means everything. And trust me, no one in this world means to me more than you do.
3. I’m lying in my bed thinking how much it hurts not having you close. But then I remember how much more it would hurt not having you at all. I love you.
4. You’re worth the wait. Always remember that.
5. Missing you gets easier every day. You think that’s because I’m starting to love you less? You see, I might be one day further from the last time I saw you, but I’m also one day closer to the next time I will. Sweet dreams, babe!
But wait, there’s more…
You thought we were done? Trust me, you need as much help as you can get! Your boyfriend will read his cute little good night message and think to himself “Long distance is totally worth it!” If you want him to be over the moon next time he receives a message from you, keep on reading!
6. You can’t even imagine how much you mean to me. The few hours we spend together are worth the thousands of hours we spend apart. Good night, my love.
7. Don’t be sad, my dear. I might not be there with you, but I’m always there for you. I know you had a really bad day, so I’m sending you a thousand kisses hoping they will make you feel better. Good night!
8. You’re my favorite notification. Sleep tight, baby. I love you!
9. Good night messages might be the only thing we have while we’re doing this long-distance thing, but… They aren’t enough to tell you how much I miss you every single night. Sleep tight, love.
10. I’m homesick for you. Good night, baby.
11. You might be thousands of miles away, yet you’re the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last one when I fall asleep. Good night, my love.
12. I could tell you I love you, or I could wait for you and prove that’s true. Sleep tight knowing you’re worth the wait.
13. I’ll hold you in my heart until the day comes that I can hold you in my arms. Good night, love.
14. You know what keeps me going every day? Knowing that one day that plane ticket will be one way… I love you, sweet dreams.
15. How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. Who knew Winnie the Pooh was such a wise little guy? Sleep tight, baby.
16. My heart is where you are, baby. Sleep tight!
17. I’m jealous of everyone who gets to see your handsome face every single day. I hope you have a good night’s rest, baby.
18. Whoever said distance makes the heart grow fonder wasn’t joking around, these good night messages are starting to be the only thing I look forward to all day.
19. Today I read something along the lines of “the longer the wait, the sweeter the kiss” and it gave me the strength to keep going. Have a good night, baby.
20. I don’t want you to go to sleep before I tell you one thing. There’s nobody in this world whose hand I would rather hold, whose jokes I would rather laugh at, and whose lips I would rather kiss every single day. Good night, baby!
21. How can anyone think long-distance relationships aren’t legit? I fell in love with your soul long before I could even touch your face! I hope you have a good night, love.
22. I know you had a terrible day… If I could teleport to you, I would! But, you’ll have to work with virtual hugs and kisses. I hope you have a better night, baby.
23. I want you to know that I’m completely fine with being alone right now if it means I will get to spend the rest of my life with you. Sleep tight, my love.
24. Long-distance relationships suck, but distance can’t stop what’s meant to be, so I’ll keep sending you these good night messages and hoping one day I’ll get to say them in person.
Flirty good night messages for a long-distance relationship
Being away from someone you love can be incredibly difficult, and these romantic good night messages might help you show your boyfriend how much you care about him. But, you might be on the lookout for something a bit more flirty to help you spice things up.
You might be trying your best to not let the physical distance between the two of you turn into an emotional one. Don’t worry, these flirty good night messages will make your boyfriend enjoy the distance more than he thought was even possible!
25. I miss you so much, babe. I wish I could copy and paste you into my bed!
26. Who said anything about the butterflies? I feel the whole zoo when I’m with you. I can’t even imagine what would happen if you were physically here… Sleep tight, babe!
27. Am I getting this right? I’m in my bed, and you’re in your bed… One of us is definitely in the wrong place!
28. Hey babe, are you in bed? Can you send me a selfie? I want to see your face? *waits for reply* If you were a flower, you’d be a damnnndelion. Thank you, I can go to sleep now. Good night!
29. Honestly, you spend so much time on my mind I should charge you for rent. I wish you were here right now…
30. Hey, what time is it there? I was just wondering why you weren’t in my bed!?
31. You want to know what’s the best part of being in a long-distance relationship? Read that first word again…
32. I have lips. You have lips. Interesting… Oh, sorry, I was just thinking out loud, I thought you were asleep. Good night!
There are never enough flirty good night messages, so…
33. The longer the wait, the sweeter the kiss. Well, I can’t even bring myself to imagine the kiss we’re going to share when we finally see each other.
34. This long-distance thing hasn’t been easy for you. I know I’m a handful but that’s why you got two hands. Time to say good night?
35. I can’t believe we haven’t seen each other in so long. Once we do, we’ll have to make up for all the years we were supposed to be kissing each other. Good night, baby.
36. Hey, thank you for reminding me what butterflies feel like… Good night!
37. I have a billion kisses saved up just for you. The moment we get to see each other again is the moment you’ll have to kiss your freedom goodbye because I won’t let you go until you receive all of them!
38. I don’t care how long we have to wait. I will always want you… Have a good night, baby.
39. These good night messages aren’t doing anything to make the distance more bearable. I need you by my side right now!
40. I’m not feeling myself today. I wish I could feel your hand in mine… Anyway, good night!
41. Are you asleep? Because I wish I was asleep next to you…
42. I’m always in the mood for you. But…You’re not here, so good night and sweet dreams!
43. Oh, how I wish you weren’t thousands of miles away from me right now…
44. I can’t help but notice… Your lips would look great on mine. I miss you and can’t wait to see you. Good night, love!
45. Oh, you had a terrible day at work? Did you know that a flirty thought a day keeps the stress away?
Not done yet…
46. Can I borrow a good night kiss? I promise I’ll give it back.
47. Picturing you right by my side is the most productive thing I’ve done all day. And you have the audacity to be thousands of miles away!? Good night!
48. Long-distance relationships require so much work! I tried to send you something incredibly flirty, but the mailman told me to get out of the mailbox! I could have been next to you by now, but… Oh well, good night!
49. Are you asleep? I was just making some plans about my future and I was wondering: Are you free for the rest of your life? You can answer me when you wake up…
50. Long-distance sucks! I don’t want to wake up at 3 a.m. and send you a text because I miss you. I want to wake up at 3 a.m. and roll over to kiss you! But, until then…
51. I’ve been thinking… I want to be the reason you hide your phone away from others when you read my good night messages. Should I start now?
52. The distance and the good night messages are worth it – I get to see how much you really want me.
53. I wish I could show up at your doorstep right now and spend the entire night with you… I wish you weren’t thousands of miles away, and I wish I didn’t have to say good night…
54. How bad would it be if I asked you to get on a plane right now, travel across the country, just to give me a kiss? I know it’s late, but I don’t want to say good night just yet.
55. I know it’s late but… I could start a fire with what I feel for you…
Funny good night messages for a long-distance relationship
You can never go wrong with flirty good night messages! But what if your boyfriend is a giant goofball? He might prefer ending his night with an adorkable message from his favorite person that makes him laugh until his stomach hurts.
We have your back, girl! Here are a couple of my favorite funny good night messages you can use and adapt to your long-distance relationship. Buckle up because you’re in for a ride!
56. I know we’re doing this long-distance and good night messages thing, but I just want you to know that I’d shave my legs for you.
57. Whoever came up with the idea that distance makes the heart grow fonder was an idiot. Distance makes me go crazy and I can’t believe I have to say good night to someone who’s thousands of miles away.
58. Hey, can I keep you?
59. I miss you like an idiot misses the point. Night, babe!
60. A long-distance relationship is a great way to remind yourself that dying alone doesn’t sound so bad. I’m sorry, that wasn’t a great good night message, can you tell I’m having withdrawal symptoms?
61. Let’s stay up all night, then spend all day complaining how unreasonably exhausted we are!
62. Let’s meet in our dreams tonight.
63. Roses are red, violets are blue… All of my good night texts revolve around you.
64. I honestly think I deserve a medal for making it through another week without you. And that medal should come in form of a one-way plane ticket… No? Ok, good night.
65. Hey, are you asleep? Babe? I love talking to myself.
66. Roses are red, violets are blue… I can’t be happy if I’m not disturbing you. Good night, babe!
More funny good night messages
67. Please don’t show up in my dreams, I don’t want to have nightmares again! Haha, just kidding. Good night, baby!
68. Don’t waste your time thinking how long it’s going to take for us to see each other again, or how bad you want to be with me right now. You should use that time to get rid of those mosquitoes, they’re going to bug you all night!
69. Hey, I hope that man standing behind you isn’t going to bother you all night. Oh, look at the time. Good night!
70. This long-distance thing isn’t so bad… I get to send you a good night message and go out with my other boyfriend as soon as you fall asleep. So, good night!
71. I want to wish you a good night, but I know the only way you’re going to have a good night is if you dream of me.
72. QWERTZUIOPASDFGHJKLYXCVBNM1234567890… Oh, I was just checking to see if my keyboard was working. Good night!
73. I was about to wish you a good night, but I realized it’s impossible for it to be good if we’re not together… I’m sorry.
74. You must be tired from being so handsome all the time. You should get some sleep. Good night!
75. This is shaping up to be a pretty boring night. How about a date? So get in your pajamas, lie down in bed, and meet me in your dreams. Good night!
76. I love you so much but I’m not going to stay up all night talking to you. I need some sleep, ok? Sweet dreams, babe.
77. You have the prettiest eyes in the world but I don’t want you to get dark circles around them, so you should go to sleep. Good night!
Heart-melting good night messages for a long-distance relationship
You might think that being in a long-distance relationship sucks, but you have to remind yourself that it isn’t the end of the world. In fact, with the right mindset and the right expectations, your relationship will keep getting stronger.
Sending cute good night messages to your long-distance boyfriend might seem like a waste of time, but… It’s the little things that make the world of difference! Imagine him falling asleep thinking about how much he misses you and his notification bubble appears on the screen!
“I wish I could fall asleep in your arms… But, I want to wish you a good night praying there will soon be a chance for me to say these words in person. I love you.”Argh, it’s enough to melt anyone’s heart! Here are some other good night messages for a long-distance relationship you might want to use.
78. As I’m falling asleep, all I can think about is how your love has managed to silence the distance… Good night, baby.
79. I miss you more than words can describe, and I can’t wait for the moment I get to hold you in my arms again. But until then, good night and sleep tight.
80. Distance isn’t an obstacle for us, it’s a test of our love. And baby, we’re getting an A+! Have a good night.
81. Sometimes I think that things would be easier if we had never met. But souls don’t meet by accident. Our love story is meant to be, and I know one day we will reunite… Until then, good night, my love.
82. Before I met you, I had no idea I could dream without falling asleep. Good night, baby.
A couple more good night messages that will melt his heart
83. I’m one decision away from knocking on your door and spending the rest of the night in your arms… Good night, baby!
84. It’s hard seeing your face on my screen when all I want to do is see you next to me… I love you, sweet dreams.
85. Hey, are you awake? I just wanted to hear your voice even if it’s from thousands of miles away. Good night, my love.
86. All I want to do is make you the happiest you’ve ever been. Until then, all I can do is wish you a good night and the sweetest of dreams.
87. Your love makes me feel safe even when I know you’re thousands of miles away. Good night, baby.
88. You give me butterflies even when you’re thousands of miles away. Imagine what would happen if you were here… Good night, love.
89. My heart will hold you when my arms can’t… Good night, baby.
90. Distance doesn’t change the way I feel about you. I love you.
91. I hope you understand that I found someone worth waiting for… I found him in you. Good night, baby.
92. You are my yesterday, my today, and all of my tomorrow. Have a good night, baby.
93. Distance means nothing to me. I was missing you before we ever met. Good night, love.
94. I can’t wait for the day our paths cross again. Until then, good night and sleep tight, my sweet love.
95. You’re thousands of miles away, and I still choose you over anyone else. Sweet dreams!
96. I’m always in the mood for you… But I know I have to let you sleep, so good night!
97. I can bear the distance, but I can’t bear the thought of not having you in my life. I can’t wait to get another good morning message from you, so… Good night!
98. Anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for. Good night, babe!
99. There are so many words in our language, yet none of them comes close to describing how I feel about you… I hope you have a good night.
100. Thinking about distance makes me want to scream every single night you’re not with me, but then you send me a good night message… Sometimes it’s the only thing that keeps me going. Sleep tight, my love.
101. Oh, what I would give to fall asleep in your arms tonight. Good night, baby.
102. Good night, baby. Remember, in the morning I’ll be one day closer to you…
103. Good night, baby. I’m rushing to fall asleep because I always find my way back to you in my dreams.
104. The only thing that makes these lonely nights bearable is the promise we’ll find our way back to each other soon enough. Good night, baby.
105. You’re the reason I fall asleep and wake up in the morning with a smile on my face. Good night, baby!
106. You loved me when I couldn’t even love myself… The least I can do is wait for the moment we get to see each other again. Good night, baby.
107. Don’t let anyone make you feel as if our love isn’t worth the sacrifice. We’ll get through this together. Good night and sweet dreams.
108. If I had three wishes, I would spend all of them wishing to fall asleep in your arms for the rest of my life. Good night – dream of me!
Cheesy good night messages for a long-distance relationship
Here’s an unpopular opinion… Cheesy things couples do when they’re in love get a bad rep for no reason! There’s nothing wrong with wearing matching outfits, giving each other cute nicknames, and celebrating your one-year-and-two-months anniversary!
So, if you and your boyfriend are fans of cheesy, soppy good night messages filled with love even when you’re in a long-distance relationship, you’re in the right place. Pick a favorite and make your boyfriend smile from ear to ear when that chat bubble appears on his phone!
109. You’re thousands of miles away, yet you feel like home… Good night, my love.
110. Hey babe, are you asleep? I’m thinking of sending your selfies to NASA because you’re a star!
111. Babe, are you sleeping? I’m feeling a bit sick… My doctor says I’m lacking vitamin U! Haha, just joking, good night.
112. You had to audacity to steal my heart, and now I’m planning my revenge. You might be thousands of miles away but I’m going to steal your last name… Good night, my forever love.
113. Here’s the thing. On a scale from 1 to 10, you’re a 9. And I’m the 1 you need! Sweet dreams!
114. Babe, you’re so far away that I forgot your name… Can I just call you mine?
115. Are you tired? You’ve been running through my mind all day long. Time to sleep!
116. I was talking about the distance between us with my best friend. She told me nothing lasts forever… Will you be my nothing?
117. Babe, can you send me a selfie? Aww, your lips look so lonely. Would they like to meet mine?
118. Babe, can you send me a selfie? I want to show Santa Claus what I want for Christmas!
119. Roses are red… I’m going to bed. Good night!
A couple more cheesy good night messages
120. Before you go to sleep, I just want to remind you that you’re hotter than the bottom of my laptop. Good night, babe!
121. Do you need anything before you go to sleep? A good night message? A cute girl that lives thousands of miles away?
122. Always remember you’re my reason to smile… Because you’re a joke! Kidding! Good night, babe!
123. You make it kinda hard not to fall in love with you even though you’re thousands of miles away. Good night, baby.
124. I might not be a dentist, but I’ll sure take care of your smile. Bam, you’re smiling right now! Good night!
125. Good night, babe. Can’t wait to hear from you tomorrow!
126. Being a sleepy girl in a long-distance relationship is hard. I have to go to sleep, babe. Good night!
127. Roses are red, violets are blue… I wish you were here because I want to kiss you!
128. You’re my happy place. Good night, baby.
129. Our journey might not be perfect, but it’s ours. And that’s what matters the most. Good night, baby!
130. You’re my favorite place to go when I can’t fall asleep. Good night, babe!
131. Sleep tight knowing that I will wait. I don’t want anybody else but you.
132. I never look at anyone the way I look at your face on my screen. Good night, baby.
133. I don’t want much… Just a one-way plane ticket straight into your arms. Good night, babe.
134. Hey. You know I love you, right?
135. Are you sleeping? I just caught myself smiling and I realized I was thinking about you. Good night, baby.
And a couple more…
136. I just realized distance isn’t for the weak, it’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone for just one moment with the one they love, and that’s my good night message to you.
137. You are one in a million, and I’d wait for you even if it meant I’d have to wait forever.
138. These miles have nothing on us, I still love you the same and a little more each day. Good night, baby.
139. Finding you was like finding my way back home after being lost for so long. Good night, babe.
140. You make me a better person. Good night, baby.
141. You turn chaos into beauty. Good night, my love.
142. I want you to trust the wait, embrace the uncertainty, and have a good night.
143. Don’t forget that difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations. I can’t wait for us to arrive at ours. Good night, baby. Dream of me.
144. They say life is too short to wait. I say they never met anyone worth waiting for. Good night, baby.
145. I can’t find the words to describe how much I appreciate the universe for bringing you into my life. Good night.
146. Our story might be flawed, but I love it with all my heart. Good night, baby.
147. All these struggles and hardships are leading us to the most beautiful chapter of our lives. And all we need to do is be patient. Good night, baby.
148. I wish I was cuddling with you now… Good night, my love.
149. Long-distance sucks, and this good night message isn’t helping!
150. I love you. That’s it. That’s the message. Now good night!
Short yet sweet good night messages for a long-distance relationship
Let’s be honest. You love your boyfriend to the moon and back, but sometimes you just don’t have enough time or inspiration to write him an entire paragraph about how much he means to you. Argh, he should know it by now!?
But sending good night messages is such a cute tradition in a long-distance relationship. It’s the little things that count, right? Your boyfriend would be thrilled with a simple ”I miss you so much” before he falls asleep. Here’s some inspiration!
151. Good night, baby. I hope to see you in my dreams.
152. I’m so happy I found you. Good night.
153. I miss you more than words can say. Sleep tight, baby.
154. Have a good night wherever you are.
155. I’m sending you a thousand good night kisses.
156. You’re always on my mind. Sleep tight, baby.
157. If you come to my dreams tonight, you might get a kiss… Good night!
158. You are always my number one priority. Good night, baby.
159. I will never give up on us. Good night, my love.
160. You’re totally worth the wait. Good night.
161. So, this is why real love feels like… Good night.
162. Thank you for being you, and for being mine. Good night.
163. I‘ve never been more myself than when I’m with you… Good night, baby.
164. You are the most beautiful thing that’s ever been mine. Good night, my love.
165. You blessed my life with your presence. Good night.
166. You are my favorite chat bubble. Good night, baby.
167. I can’t believe I get to spend the rest of my life with you. Good night, baby.
168. I won the boyfriend jackpot. Sleep tight, baby.
Just a couple more…
169. I love seeing you happy. Sleep tight, my love.
170. I would steal the stars for you. Good night, my love.
171. I’m thankful for you. Good night, baby.
172. Sleep tight knowing that there will always be room for you in my heart.
173. I can’t believe I get to keep you… Forever! Good night, my love!
174. You look a lot like my favorite person in the world. Good night!
175. Our love story was such a plot twist, and it’s so worth it. Good night, my love.
176. I still remember how I felt the first time you looked at me… Good night.
177. You are my always and forever. Good night, baby.
178. I love how I can just look at your name on my screen and be… happy. Good night, my love.
179. You feel like home to me. Good night.
180. I don’t think you understand. You have my heart… Good night, baby.
181. I love you endlessly. Good night, baby.
182. I can’t wait to close my eyes and see you in my dreams. Good night, baby.
183. No one in this world compares to you. Good night, baby.
184. I don’t want a fairytale relationship. I just want you. Good night, my love.
185. Sleep tight knowing that I see forever in your eyes.
186. Distance means nothing when you tell me you love me. Good night, baby.
187. I should‘ve hugged you longer the last time I saw you… Sleep tight, my love.
188. There isn’t a single moment in my day where I’m not thinking about you. Good night.
189. I miss the feeling of your hand against my cheek. Good night, baby.
190. Tonight ,I miss you a little more than before. Sweet dreams, baby.
Good night messages for a long-distance relationship that will keep him up all night
Last but not least… There are instances in every relationship where you miss your boyfriend so much, you just can’t bear the thought of saying good night. All you want to do is stay up all night talking, laughing, recollecting all your memories, and falling in love with each other all over again.
Who says you can’t do it!? You might be in a long-distance relationship with your boyfriend, but these charming good night messages will make you feel as if you’re right there next to each other. Pick your favorite and give it a try!
191. You have this incredible way of making me happy just by existing… I don’t want to close my eyes because I don’t want this dream to disappear.
192. You give me so many reasons to smile. How can I sleep knowing you’re thousands of miles away waiting for me so we can smile together forever?
193. My world changed the moment I met you. And I don’t want to close my eyes because I want to spend the rest of my life looking into yours.
194. I keep falling in love with you more and more every single day. So, how do I stop before I completely crash!?
195. There’s a sky full of stars and yet you’re staring at me. What did I do to deserve you?
196. How can I sleep when your love gives me butterflies?
197. It doesn’t matter where you are. I’m always yours.
198. You give me the feeling I can’t put into words. I love you crazy, wildly, insanely, and infinitely…
199. You’ll always be my favorite reason to lose sleep.
200. My heart is so filled with you that I can barely call it my own.
201. You are my person.
202. I love you.