Nothing says ‘good night’ to the person who means the most to you better than “sweet dreams” quotes that you can use every time the moon makes its appearance. They’re perfect for showing someone that you care about them and that you’re thinking about them those last moments before you finally fall asleep.
Maybe your special person had a stressful day at work and you want to wish them a great sleep that will make all of their sorrows go away or you simply want to encourage them to believe that tomorrow will be an amazing day. No matter the reason, if you’re looking for “sweet dreams” quotes, you’ve come to the right place.
I’ve picked out a perfect selection of sayings that speak for themselves and that can easily inspire everyone to enjoy their night’s rest. I’m sure that you’ll be able to find something that works for you and that will help you show your support and be the wind beneath the wings of the person who means everything to you.
Inspiring “sweet dreams” quotes!
These “sweet dreams” quotes can easily inspire anyone to get up in the morning and do their best. Even if the previous day was rough and a lot of bad things happened, once you rest throughout the night and are awakened by the dawn, you have a new opportunity to start all over again – and that’s the only thing that matters.
1. “Always end the day, with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow’s a fresh opportunity to make it better.” – Unknown author
2. “Like all sweet dreams, it will be brief… but brevity makes sweetness, doesn’t it? Yes, I think so. Because when the time is gone, you can never get it back.” – Stephen King
3. “… if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
4. “How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams.” – Bram Stoker
5. “The world is for those who make their dreams come true.” – Harold Gray
6. “If you think life is a smooth sea, you will soon be awakened from this sweet dream by the slap of a bitter wave!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
7. “To all, to each, a fair good-night, And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.” – Walter Scott
8. “This is the end of the day, but soon there will be a new day.” – Bernard Williams
9. “The best eraser in the world is a good night’s sleep.” – Orlando Aloysius Battista
10. “Everything you do, you’ll do better with a good night’s sleep.” – Arianna Huffington
11. “All our problems fade away at night. Tomorrow we will conquer what seems insurmountable.” – Unknown author
12. “Remember that almost everything looks better after a good night’s sleep.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
13. “Nighttime brings you dreams of castles in the air and big goals for the future. Rest tonight and allow dreams of the future to wash over your mind.” – Unknown author
Wise “sweet dreams” quotes!
When troubles pile up, the last thing you can do is calmly fall asleep. Send one of these wise quotes to a person who needs to hear them and help them sleep tightly, as there’s always light at the end of the tunnel.
1. “Before you fall asleep every day, say something positive to yourself.” – Enid Bagnold
2. “When I go to bed and cannot sleep, I don’t waste time by counting sheep; I count all my blessings, one by one.” – Eldred Herbert
3. “Disappointment always arrives before hope and the darkness of night comes before the dawn. Don’t lose hope now because things will brighter with the new day.” – Unknown author
4. “Each morning sees some task begun, each evening sees it close; Something attempted, something done, has earned a night’s repose.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
5. “Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Don’t let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.” – Iain S. Thomas
6. “Day is over, night has come. Today is gone, what’s done is done. Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.” – Unknown author
7. “End the day with gratitude. There is someone, somewhere that has less than you.” – Zig Ziglar
8. “Grace is something you can never get but can only be given. There’s no way to earn it or deserve it or bring it about any more than you can deserve the taste of raspberries and cream or earn good looks… A good sleep is grace and so are good dreams. Most tears are grace. The smell of rain is grace. Somebody loving you is grace.” – Frederick Buechner
9. “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” – Mahatma Gandhi
10. “As you end this day, before you sleep, remember to count your blessings, not your troubles.” – Catherine Pulsifer
11. “Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” – Unknown author
12. “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” – John Steinbeck
13. “The longest way must have its close – the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
14. “Sleep is the best meditation.” – Dalai Lama
15. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” – Maya Angelou
16. “Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.” – Mahatma Gandhi
17. “Finish each day before you begin the next, and interpose a solid wall of sleep between the two. This you cannot do without temperance.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “May sleep envelop you as a bed sheet floating gently down, tickling your skin and removing every worry. Reminding you to consider only this moment.” – Jeb Dickerson
19. “Night is purer than day; it is better for thinking, loving, and dreaming. At night everything is more intense, more true. The echo of words that have been spoken during the day takes on a new and deeper meaning. The tragedy of man is that he doesn’t know how to distinguish between day and night. He says things at night that should only be said by day.” – Elie Wiesel
Uplifting “sweet dreams” quotes!
These “sweet dreams” quotes will make you see that every situation in life brings something beautiful, something worth the struggle. At first, you may not realize that but sooner or later, you’ll be able to see the hidden message that’s been in front of your eyes this whole time.
1. “If you want to remain always happy, Always perfect and always fulfilled, Then always keep inside your heart, A pocketful of sweet dreams.” – Sri Chinmoy
2. “I love the silent hour of night, For blissful dreams may then arise, Revealing to my charmed sight What may not bless my waking eyes.” – Anne Brontë
3. “I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars.” – Stephenie Meyer
4. “May the good memories of today lull you to sleep.” – Kate Summer
5. “Night is always darker before the dawn and life is the same, the hard times will pass, everything will get better and sun will shine brighter than ever.” – Ernest Hemingway
6. “Night is the wonderful opportunity to take rest, to forgive, to smile, to get ready for all the battles that you have to fight tomorrow.” – Allen Ginsberg
7. “Don’t fight with the pillow, but lay down your head and kick every worriment out of the bed.” – Edmund Vance Cooke
8. “Good night now, and rest. Today was a test. You passed it, you’re past it. Now breathe till unstressed.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
9. “The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep.” – E. Joseph Cossman
10. “As the night gets dark, let your worries fade. Sleep peacefully knowing you’ve done all you can do for today.” – Roald Dahl
11. “Throw off your worries when you throw off your clothes at night.” – Napoléon Bonaparte
12. “If someone wishes you good night every day, you’re happier than so many people.” – Unknown author
13. “Never let the darkness or negativity outside affect your inner self. Just wait until morning comes and the bright light will drown out the darkness.” – Haruki Murakami
14. “Every night, under the same sky and stars, probably since the emergence of humankind, people around the world have been wishing one another a good night.” – Efrat Shoham
15. “Always remember to fall asleep with a dream and wake up with a purpose.” – Unknown author
16. “Whenever you have a dream inside your heart, never let it go because dreams are the tiny seeds from which a beautiful tomorrow grows. Have a wonderful dream tonight!” – Unknown author
Quotes that will make you turn your dreams into reality!
We all need something that will push us out of our comfort zone and make us reach for the stars. If someone who means a lot to you needs the exact same thing, send them some of these quotes, wish them sweet dreams and let them know that they can do anything they set their mind to.
1. “Dream of new adventures. Wake up to the excitement of reaching new heights.” – Unknown author
2. “Night is longer than day for those who dream and day is longer than night for those who make their dreams come true.” – Unknown author
3. “A good night sleep will help to make all your dreams come true when daylight returns.” – Unknown author
4. “It is better to sleep on things beforehand than lie awake about them afterwards.” – Baltasar Gracián
5. “… life always offers you a second chance. It is called tomorrow.” – Dylan Thomas
6. “Dreams are the powerhouse of inspiration. Go on to dreamland, knowing that you are embarking on a new adventure each time.” – Unknown author
7. “Life is full of new beginnings, and a new day tomorrow brings, sleep well.” – Catherine Pulsifer
8. “Never apologize for burning too brightly or collapsing into yourself every night. That is how galaxies are made.” – Tyler Kent White
9. “You can’t change everything in one night, but one night can change everything.” – John Updike
10. “There is something to be said for the night. The darkness holds a sense of promise, as if anything could happen.” – Meg Collett
11. “May you dream of lovely things and wake to find them real.” – JJ Heller
12. “May tonight be a lovely and serene bridge that will lead you to a wonderful tomorrow.” – Unknown author
13. “I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?'” – George Bernard Shaw
14. “You can go as far as you think, imagine and dream. Anything is possible.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
15. “Dreams don’t work unless you take action. The surest way to make your dreams come true is to live them.” – Roy T. Bennett
16. “If we spend enough time dreaming, then the dream might eventually become real.” – Fennel Hudson
17. “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” – Muhammad Ali
18. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
19. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France
20. “Never say dreams are useless because useless is the life of those who can’t dream.” – Jim Morrison
Romantic “sweet dreams” quotes!
If you want to wish your partner or someone you like more than a friend sweet dreams, then you can choose one of the following quotes. They’re perfect for couples and those who are still not official but whose feelings are real.
Maybe a message with some of these sayings will make your special person finally realize how much you mean to them and that could be a new beginning of something beautiful.
1. “Gaze up at the stars knowing that I see the same sky and wish the same sweet dreams.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
2. “Good night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.” – William Shakespeare
3. “Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love.” – Stephenie Meyer
4. “For as wonderful as our time is together, it’s even sweeter in my dreams.” – Unknown author
5. “A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep” – Mack David, Al Hoffman & Jerry Livingston
6. “Let the stars light the way to where your dreams can be found awaiting your arrival.” – Anthony T. Hincks
7. “Good night, sleep tight, may your dreams take you on a wonderful flight.” – Kate Summers
8. “I wish for you a good night, a good sleep, and when you awake with energy and passion you will abound.” – Kate Summers
9. “I close my eyes, then I drift away, into the magic night I softly say. A silent prayer, like dreamers do, then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you.” – Roy Orbison
10. “There is a moment before I fall asleep when I smile and feel connected to you, even when you are not here with me.” – Unknown author
11. “Before you go to sleep, do not forget to say thanks for everything good that has happened to you in the last 24 hours.” – Unknown author
12. “The night breeze is blowing through my hair and the soft touch reminds me of your kisses. I wish I didn’t have to miss you this much.” – Unknown author
13. “Although I love the stars that dot the night sky, I love the stars in your eyes even more. While I sleep, I will think about my favorite stars and wait to be with you again.” – Unknown author
14. “By night, beloved, tie your heart to mine and let them both in dreams defeat the darkness.” – Pablo Neruda
15. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Hermann Hesse
16. “My night has become a sunny dawn because of you.” – Ibn Abbad
17. “Go to sleep knowing that I loved you this day, and each tomorrow my love grows stronger.” – Catherine Pulsifer
18. “As the moonlight dims and the world goes quiet, give yourself some rest. Here’s to hoping that your sleep is as sweet as you are.” – Unknown author
19. “There is something that is big, warm and fuzzy. Before you get too many ideas, you should know that it is a good night hug sent from me to you!” – Unknown author
20. “There may be a billion yesterdays and a trillion tomorrows, but there is only ever one today. I would never let one day pass without letting you know that I am thinking of you.” – Unknown author
“Sweet dreams” quotes for long-distance couples!
Long-distance relationships are stories in themselves. They can be one of the hardest things to endure but the amount of love those in one possess is something that can’t be described with words.
If you’re looking for a quote you can use to wish sweet dreams to the person you love so much but isn’t there with you, then you should keep reading. A simple, “Good night,” doesn’t do the trick but these sayings definitely will.
1. “And I start sleeping and dreaming and I think I might dream about you all through the night.” – John Mayer
2. “I wish I was there to hold you tight, instead of just sending you this loving ‘Good night.'” – Unknown author
3. “You’re the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing when I go to sleep. You’re my sun and moon and stars, my past and present – and I hope you’ll be my future.” – A.G. Henley
4. “No matter how far away you are, you will always be in my thoughts. Each day that we are together is the best day of my life.” – Unknown author
5. “And tonight, I’ll fall asleep with you in my heart.” – Unknown author
6. “… I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” – Kiersten White
7. “The day is busy enough to keep me occupied. In the quiet of the night, I begin to really miss you.” – Unknown author
8. “The moon is full, the night is deep, nature is alive – the only thing missing is you, next to me as we sleep.” – Nicholas Staniszewski
9. “Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love.” – Munia Khan
10. “Take a look out your window now. Although we may be apart at the moment, we can both gaze up at the same moon.” – Unknown author
11. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – Kay Knudsen
12. “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive. But most of all, loving you keeps me happy.” – Lisa Brooks
13. “They say when you’re missing someone that they’re probably feeling the same, but I don’t think it’s possible for you to miss me as much as I’m missing you right now.” – Unknown author
14. “I have late night conversations with the moon. He tells me about the sun; I tell him about you.” – S.L. Gray
15. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” – A.A. Milne