Some people will come and go in your life like you mean nothing to them. They’ll change your expectations and make you realize that you can’t trust everyone.
You’ll meet a ton of people throughout your life but not all of them will remain by your side. The vast majority of those will only turn out to be life lessons you were supposed to learn.
Even if you’ve been looking for someone your whole life, it doesn’t mean that they’re meant to stay. It doesn’t mean that their purpose is to always walk by your side. Friends come and go, partners turn into enemies, and your life changes with every new day that dawns.
When a person leaves you, at first you feel like you’ll never be able to move on. But as time goes by, you understand that letting go is a natural part of life. It’s something you can’t prevent from happening, no matter how hard you try.
Even though people come and go in your life, they’ll still teach you some of the best lessons ever. They’ll prove to you that there’s always something good in something bad, even if you don’t see it in the beginning.
Lessons you learn from people who come and go in your life
Moving forward is never easy, especially when you’ve been abandoned by a person who once meant a lot to you, whether it’s your best friend, your partner, or a member of your family you trusted deeply.
Once they betray you, you feel like your whole world is falling apart. You could never imagine your life without them and right now, you need to figure out how to move on after everything you’ve been through together.
It’s more than obvious that people can change even when you thought you knew them well. They leave you without a second thought even though you loved them more than you love yourself.
But no matter how broken you’re feeling right now, the truth is that the right ones will always stay. In that case, maybe it’s better for those who are bad for you to leave before they bring even more sorrow into your life.
You may be feeling devastated now but a person’s departure can teach you some of the best lessons of your life. And here are some of them.
1. You shouldn’t trust everyone
People come in go in your life and at the same time, they teach you that you shouldn’t trust everyone. No matter how close you feel to someone, there’s always a possibility for that person to abandon you.
It seems like everyone around you is wearing a mask, one that doesn’t allow you to see through their intentions right away. While telling you, “I love you,” they’re also planning a way to defeat you or take advantage of you.
Then, once they get you to trust them, they show you their true colors. They show you that the world has changed. They play with your feelings because they never truly cared about you.
Fake people pretend to be nice just to get what they want from you. And once their plans come to fruition, that’s when they leave you like you mean nothing to them.
The only thing they want is for their wishes to come true. After you make that happen, they feel free to go.
So, even though you’re feeling broken after someone’s departure from your life, you should stop blaming yourself. You couldn’t see it coming since the mask they were wearing was too realistic to see through.
A person may use you and then abandon you; they spend their whole life practicing how to do that efficiently. So stop thinking it’s your fault and instead learn how to spot those who are bad for you.
Don’t trust everyone since it’s clear that not all of them have honest intentions.
2. You’re stronger than you think
When someone comes and goes from your own life, the first emotion you may feel is pain. You start to think that you won’t be able to move on after them. You imagine that your life will never be the same as before.
But you don’t understand that the hardest moments teach us the best lessons. After you’ve been hurt, you then realize how strong you are.
You recognize that you’ll be able to get through this the same way you’ve overcome every other obstacle in your life. You’ll move on after them and even grow as a person after they leave.
Maybe you aren’t able to see that from the start but once someone hurts you, you understand how strong of a person you are. You realize that they couldn’t compete with you so that’s why they decided to break you.
Even though they put in their best efforts, they still can’t measure up to you. You’re stronger than they anticipated and that’s why you’ll be able to move on after them.
3. Change is the only constant in life
You can’t run away from change since it’s the only thing that will always keep following you, regardless of where you go.
Sometimes, you’ll meet new people and they’ll make you realize that you needed that change in your life. You needed to stop hanging out with those who weren’t good for you and replace them with these new friends.
Or perhaps somewhere along the road, you’ll meet someone who’ll change you for the better and turn you into the best version of yourself. When you least expect it, they’ll reshape you into the person you always wanted to become.
In the same way, you’ll be changed by the pain you’ve experienced. You’ll go through a situation that’ll turn your whole life upside down and eventually change everything about you.
All these things are part of the process. They’re normal steps you have to take throughout life, which show that you’re growing as a person, which is the best thing you can do. Even when a change happens unexpectedly, it’ll still be a necessary step you can’t skip.
When someone abandons you, your life changes. Things take a completely different turn and nothing seems to be the same anymore.
But even in those moments, you’ll still learn something new about yourself and you’ll realize that things had to happen that way. Even though it all came at you out of the blue, it still had to happen like that.
4. You’re your own true friend
You’re the only constant part of your destiny. Everyone else could leave you but you’re the only person who’ll always be there.
People come and go in your life without paying much attention to the way they treat you. You, on the other hand, are the only one who’ll never leave.
That’s why you need to rely on yourself. You must trust yourself and be your own best friend.
Others will pretend to care about you just to get something from you. They’ll play with your heart just to boost their ego.
They could do many different things to potentially hurt you and tear you into pieces. No matter how much you trust them, you can never be sure that they won’t hurt you.
But once you rely on yourself and you only care about making yourself happy, that’s when things start to change. That’s when others lose control over you.
When you’re your own best friend, you realize that you shouldn’t trust everyone. And when that happens, they can no longer hurt you.
5. Those you trust the most can also end up being the reason for your pain
No matter how much you trust someone, they can still end up hurting you. People come and go in your life and they don’t care about the damage they cause.
They don’t care about the pain they put you through once they turn their back on you. Instead, the only thing that matters to them is that they end up happy.
Even if you swore to yourself that they could never do you harm, it could still be a mistake. From strangers to your closest friends who’ve known you your whole life, they can all end up being the cause of your pain.
So, don’t think that just because you’ve known someone for years that they could never break your heart. They know the most about you, which increases the chances of tearing you apart.
You may have probably already felt the consequences of the actions of others on your own skin. Because of that, make sure to be careful the next time you let someone in your life.
Don’t trust everyone easily because you never know what people are ready to do. No matter how well you know someone, they could still be someone who could change you forever.
6. You should never think of giving up
Just because people come and go in your life, it doesn’t mean that you should think of giving up. No matter how many times you’ve ended up disappointed, there’s still hope that you’ll find those you’re looking for.
You’ll find some real friends who won’t think about stabbing you in the back the moment you turn around. You’ll find your true love and finally understand how it feels to be loved unconditionally.
No matter how many times you try your luck, you should never think about giving up. Always pick yourself up, brush the dust off your shoulders, and keep walking.
That’s the only right thing you can do for yourself. It’s something that’ll lead you to your final destination.
7. Don’t even think about changing just so you could fit their mold
People come and go in your life without any explanations. One day, they swear their loyalty to you and promise to never leave you, and the next, you realize that you won’t hear from them ever again.
That’s why you should never change for the sake of another. You should never make yourself fit their mold.
Once they’re gone from your life, you’ll end up stuck with a new version of yourself – one you may not like. You’ll change for the sake of making them happy but you’ll end up suffering because of it.
So no matter how much you care about someone, the moment they ask you to change, explain to them you won’t be doing that. Let them know that you’re happy with this version of yourself.
The only reason you should want to reshape yourself as a person is because you truly want to do so and because you feel like it’ll help you grow and evolve.
That’s really the only reasonable thing to do. Otherwise, changing yourself because someone asked you or told you to do so is wrong and always will be.
People come and go in your life: Inspirational quotes to keep you motivated
If you’re struggling after someone who meant a lot to you decided to move on from you and left you without an explanation, then these quotes are exactly what you’re looking for.
Sometimes, it’s hard to accept the reality of what you’re going through. It’s difficult to understand how someone can inflict so much damage on you and leave like you meant nothing to them.
These motivational quotes will help you overcome the obstacles you’re facing. They’ll help you realize that none of the things you’re going through is your fault.
Some people are willing to do anything to make themselves happy. They’ll take advantage of you without caring whether their actions could hurt you.
That’s why you shouldn’t blame this kind of thing on yourself. If they don’t want to stay in your life, you can’t do anything to change their mind.
Keep reading if you want to remind yourself that your journey in life will never be easy. Many times, you’ll end up hurt but in the end, it’ll all turn out the way it’s meant to.
Once you arrive at your final destination, you’ll feel proud of yourself for everything you’ve been through. And that’s what matters the most.
1. “Because at some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life and this is my way of keeping you in my heart.” – Sandi Lynn
2. “I don’t give up. I’m a plodder. People come and go, but I stay the course.” – Kevin Costner
3. “I don’t chase people anymore. I learned that I’m here, and I’m important. I’m not going to run after people to prove that I matter.” – Steve Maraboli
4. “That’s what life is about: people come and go.” – Cecilia Ahern
6. “We met for a reason. Either you’re a blessing or a lesson.” – Frank Ocean
5. “Like actors on stage, people will come and go in your life when their role in your life comes to an end.” – Unknown
7. “People come and go. Everyone that’s been in your life has been there for a reason; to teach you, to love you, or to experience life with you.” – Unknown
8. “Some people come into your life just to teach you how to let go.” – Unknown
9. “The life in front of you is far more important than the life behind you.” – Joel Osteen
10. “People will come and go in life, but the person in the mirror will be there forever so be good to yourself.” – Unknown
11. “People come, people go – they’ll drift in and out of your life, almost like characters in a favorite book. When you finally close the cover, the characters have told their story and you start up again with another book, complete with new characters and adventures. Then you find yourself focusing on the new ones, not the ones from the past.” – Nicholas Sparks
12. “Nobody is worth stressing over. People come and go. Move on and go find yourself, the world is yours. Life goes on.” – Unknown
13. “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” – Flavia Weedn
14. “People come and go, but life is simply about seeing who cares enough to stay.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
15. “People come and go. And those who stay are those whom we should never let go of.” – Unknown
16. “People come and go, but love always remains. Sometimes beautiful and sometimes a beautiful ache, but love always remains.” – Johnathon Muncy Storm
17. “Your life will get better when you realize it’s better to be alone than chase people who don’t really care about you.” – Thema Davis
18. “People come into your life and go, but you will always have to live with yourself. Make yourself pleasant, positive and peaceful.” – Akin Olokun
19. “People come and go in your life but the one who remains with you till the end is the one who loves you despite your flaws.” – Satyavati
20. “What’s done is done. What’s gone is gone. One of life’s lessons is always moving on. It’s okay to look back to see how far you’ve come but keep moving forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
21. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
22. “Yes, you can lose somebody overnight. Yes, your whole life can be turned upside down. Life is short. It can come and go like a feather in the wind.” – Shania Twain
23. “People will come and go in your life. You have to make the decision whom to trust and keep closer to you and whom to maintain a distance from because of your life, so your rules.” – Unknown
24. “People come and go in and out of your life but remember that it’s up to you to choose who is worth keeping.” – Casper Smith
25. “They say people come and go. But the truth is, no one really disappears from your life. People never really leave, their roles just change.” – Unknown
26. “After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.” – Cindy Chupack, Jenny Bicks, Allan Heinberg, Michael Patrick King, Julie Rottenberg, Elisa Zuritsky
27. “Thank you for coming into my life and giving me joy, thank you for loving me and receiving my love in return. Thank you for the memories I will cherish forever. But most of all, thank you for showing me that there will come a time when I can eventually let you go.” – Nicholas Sparks
28. “Heraclitus, I believe, says that all things pass and nothing stays, and comparing existing things to the flow of a river, he says you could not step twice into the same river.” – Plato
29. “So many people enter and leave your life! Hundreds of thousands of people! You have to keep the door open so they can come in! But it also means you have to let them go!” – Jonathan Safran Foer
30. “But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them.” – Marilyn Monroe
31. “I’ve come to realize that the only people I need in my life are the ones who need me in theirs even when I have nothing else to offer them but myself.” – Unknown
32. “Trees never have the same leaves in their lifetime. In like manner, people need to come and go in our lives when their time is up to give space for new people who will teach us new life lessons. We need to grow and reach new heights in life.” – Unknown
33. “Remember that people come and go, and of all the people in your life, you are the one who is there to stay. You are the one who can choose to love yourself, choose to respect yourself, and promise with all your heart that you will never leave you.” – Unknown
34. “People come and go. Pain comes and goes, but so does joy. And if our hearts are closed because we don’t want to suffer, they won’t be open enough to recognize the joy as it flies by.” – Geneen Roth
35. “No matter what is going on in your life today, remember, it is only preparation. People come and go; situations rise and fall; it’s all preparation for better things. You must stretch, reach, grow into your goodness. Without the preparation we receive through adversity, disappointment, confusion, or pain, we could not appreciate the good when it arrives.” – Iyanla Vanzant