How wonderful is it when you’re in love? I know, I know, but don’t get all sentimental now. This time, we’re talking about painful messages that you can send to your boyfriend if he hurt you.
Once we fall in love, we think everything is going to be flawless. We’ll finally be able to write our own fairy tale and have that happy ending everyone is talking about.
But, most of the time we forget that nothing is perfect. People aren’t perfect and neither are all the relationships between them. If you’re reading this, you probably came to the same conclusion yourself.
You can’t pretend as if nothing happened. He hurt you, and you have to tell him.
Of course, it’s not going to be easy, but if you want to make sure he knows how you feel, you’ll have to. Guys are not mindreaders, so you’ll have to vocalize your feelings.
It may be so obvious to you and you may think that he’s just pretending not to know what went wrong. Trust me, he doesn’t. No matter how close you two are, there will always be some things that you don’t agree on.
I’m not saying that he may not know what he did wrong if he cheated on you, for example. But if he jokingly said something that hurt you, or pushed you a bit further than he should, you have to tell him that.
In case he repeatedly does some things that cause you pain, even if you’ve indicated that it’s hurtful, do not hesitate to leave that idiot.
In this article, we’ll go through some painful messages you can send to your boyfriend to show him you’re aching because of his words or actions. Buckle up, it’s about to get emotional.
Short painful messages ready to send to your boyfriend to express your suffering
It’s reasonable that you want to tell your boyfriend how you feel, but sometimes it’s easier to just send him a painful message than to say it out loud.
There are a couple of things that can go wrong if you try to tell him that he hurt you. Your voice may start shaking, or the words won’t come out as heart-wrenching as you feel.
Maybe you’ve been thinking about it for some time because you didn’t think it was a big deal when it happened. So, when you take a deep breath to tell him what’s bothering you, he’ll look at you and smile, and well, you’re screwed. You may even forget exactly what and how you wanted to say what hurt you.
Here are a couple of short messages that you can send to your boyfriend through which you can express your hurt and be painfully honest with him.
1. It’s hard for me to put it in words, but you’ve hurt me. I never expected you to be the one who’s going to break my heart, but here we are.
2. There is this thing that’s been bothering me for quite some time now. It makes me bleed internally and I really have to talk about it.
3. Maybe it looks like you didn’t hurt me, but inside I’m dying. We need to talk this through.
4. I honestly never expected you’ll be the one to hurt me.
5. I don’t know how I let myself feel this way. You’ve hurt me and I want to be honest with you. I hope we’ll be able to solve it.
6. It hurts so much to love you. I’m not sure I can do this anymore.
7. I couldn’t believe that words have such power. They can completely tear you apart.
8. You’ve wounded me and I can’t stop the bleeding. At least my heart is still pumping, that’s a good sign, right?
9. You made me feel worthless and I’m certain I don’t want to feel that way.
10. You’ve ignored me and that’s the worst thing one can do in a love relationship.
11. Even after you’ve hurt me, I still love you. That’s wrecking me.
12. I did everything to make you feel good, but you threw away my love so easily.
13. You’ve hurt me deeply and now you’re the one who’s wounded- irony at its finest.
14. When you’re trying to forget the one you love, it feels like you’re trying to remember someone you’ve never met. Is that even possible?
15. There’s no reason to run after you because you’re clearly happier without me.
16. Sometimes I think I need a new heart. This one has been played, used, and now you broke it.
17. It truly hurts to love someone unconditionally and you don’t get the same in return.
18. I guess we’ll always love the things that hurt us.
19. Of course, people come into your life and not many make the decision to stay. But, I never thought you’ll be the one leaving.
Sad and painful messages you can send to your boyfriend
Are you at the crossroad and you’re looking for the right direction but it doesn’t seem like you’ll be able to find it soon? You’ve lost your compass and now you’re not even sure which road leads home?
When the one we love the most hurts us, it is more than just sadness. It’s terrifying, almost like someone is ripping your heart out from your chest. And they didn’t give you anesthesia. It feels so real that you can even acknowledge it as physical pain.
In case you need something longer than just two sentences to express how you feel, here are some sad and painful messages that you can send to your boyfriend.
1. All the love I had and still have for you is real. I cannot imagine my life without you and it hurts me to even think about the fact that you’ve been the one who brought pain. I don’t know why we needed this, but I hope we’ll sort it out soon.
2. Out of all people that I thought will hurt me, you were the last on the list. Yet, it happened. It will take me some time to bounce back, but I’m not ready to lose you.
3. The day I accepted to be your girl was the day when I signed up for bad things as well. I know it’s not always easy, but I don’t want to give up on us.
4. I know that I’d never feel this kind of love if I didn’t take the risk. I would also never feel this kind of pain. But it is what it is, time to heal now. I’m sure I still need you here, but give me a bit of time to sort everything out on my own.
5. If someone would ask me why I fell in love with you in the first place, I’m not sure I’d be able to give the right answer. Any answer in fact. It hurts like hell now, but I swear I love you wholeheartedly. I just have to start healing on my own.
6. I just need some time to figure things out. I hope you’ll be patient enough because I’m not sure I can imagine my life without you. Yes, you’ve hurt me, but you’re the one I love unconditionally.
7. I need to talk with you because your words hurt me. I want to figure out if something I did or said made you do this. But first, I need a couple of days to debug my own thoughts.
8. You know how the mirror still has cracks even if you’ve put it back together after it’s been broken? I know the scars on my heart will still be visible, but I’ll add some color and make them beautiful. That is, only if you’re ready to work this through.
9. I started thinking about all the reasons why I wasn’t good for you. I can’t think of any, because I gave you everything I had and everything I was. Apparently, it wasn’t enough.
10. You never wanted to take the bandage off of my wounds because you didn’t want to accidentally hurt me, but it seems like you had no problems stabbing your knife at my back.
11. The worst thing that can happen to a person is losing themselves. I lost myself while loving you and I forgot that I too deserve all the care and respect I was giving you.
12. It is truly hard to let go of something you wanted badly. But I guess, some things are not meant to be, no matter how much we try.
13. Of course it’s hard to forget the one who meant everything to you, the one you thought was the love of your life. But what’s even harder is when you’re not sure whether to wait and forgive the person for hurting you, or move on.
Heartbreaking messages to tell your boyfriend it’s over
Did he hurt you and now you’re done with him? Maybe you never thought you’ll break up with someone over a text, but now you’ve come to realize that there is no other way?
Here are some painful messages you can send to your boyfriend if you want to tell him it’s over between the two of you and you’re sure you don’t need a cool-off.
1. All I ever did was love you, but it seems like the thing you did the best was to hurt me.
2. The person you love the most can help you heal all your wounds, but not when they’ve been the ones who hurt you.
3. I never expected that something as beautiful as our love story may end up in tears. Guess I was wrong, but I’ll heal soon. I don’t need you anymore.
4. You’ve shattered my heart into million pieces. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to collect every single part soon but rest assured that I don’t want yours, or anyone’s help in fact. I’ll piece it together on my own and it will be magical.
5. I guess it was inevitable for you to hurt me. Luckily, I don’t have to put up with it anymore.
6. I wonder would you be able to look me in the eyes and tell me you didn’t want me to hurt as much.
7. It’s really hard to reimagine my future without you in it. But I’m creative, so don’t worry.
8. I’m not sure what have I done to deserve this heartache. I never expected you’ll be the one who’s going to hurt me the most. I’ll figure it out eventually.
9. I guess it’s time to finish your chapter in the book of my life. It was nice knowing you and thank you for the beautiful memories we’ve created.
10. You chose to hurt me, but I have the final word and I choose not to have you in my life anymore.
11. The moment you remember all the good things we’ve been through will hurt you like hell. Because you’ll finally understand how much I cared. You’ll realize you’ve lost someone who’d do anything for you. Keep ignoring me.
12. You’ll feel the same pain I’m going through in the moments you’ll need someone who’s going to support you in your darkest nights. Don’t look for me anymore, I’m not going to be there.
13. Even just the thought of you not being a part of my life is scary. Imagine how terrifying for me it is to say this out loud I wish I have never fallen in love with you.
“Thank you for hurting me” messages
Do you feel like you need to thank your toxic boyfriend for hurting you? I assume you’re grateful because he finally showed his true face and you figured out that he’s not the one you need in your life.
In this part of the article, you’ll be able to find painful messages that you can send to your boyfriend to tell him how thankful you are because your relationship is (finally) over. After all, you came out of this relationship stronger and more aware of the things you don’t want, including him.
1. Saying that you ruin everything that’s dear to you, made it easier for me to get over you. Thank you for such a lame excuse.
2. I know it hurts now, but the pain you’ve caused only made me realize how strong I am. Thank you for hurting me.
3. I’m grateful that you took the trash out of my life when you walked away from me.
4. Thank you for every beautiful memory and for the pain you’ve caused. I’ve learned that I can be happy and conquer the world on my own.
5. If you never showed me your real face, I’d forever be in love with the image of you I’ve created in my mind. Thank you for making it evident that I was delusional and looking through rose-colored glasses.
6. Once I thought of crying myself to sleep to relieve the pain, but you’re not worth it. I’m grateful that you showed me how I don’t want to be treated.
7. I’m not running away from you, I’m finally standing up for myself. Thank you for making me stronger.
8. I deserve to be happy, so thank you for pushing me away. You proved once more that you’re not worth the fight.
9. If you could read my mind, I’m sure you’d be surprised that I no longer think of you.
10. I was choosing you every day, but I guess that was not enough. Time to choose myself!
11. I’m going to miss all those beautiful memories we’ve created, but I’m not going to miss the pain you brought into my life. I’ll push the bad things away though, so I can live my life to the fullest.
12. You took a big part of me when you left, and I thank you for that. Now I have a chance to replace it with better, more colorful pieces.
13. In order to appreciate happiness, you have to know sadness. If you want to appreciate silence, go where it’s noisy, right? Thus remember this – I gained more when you left my life.
Poignant quotes & lyrics you can send him
Sometimes you want to tell him something really powerful and poignant, but you know it has been said before? Here are some famous quotes and lyrics you can send to your boyfriend as a painful message. Good luck finding what you need!
1. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.” – George R.R. Martin
3. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” – Nicholas Sparks
4. “I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.” – C. S. Lewis
5. “Pain is a pesky part of being human, I’ve learned it feels like a stab wound to the heart, something I wish we could all do without, in our lives here.
Pain is a sudden hurt that can’t be escaped. But then I have also learned that because of pain, I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing.
Pain feels like a fast stab wound to the heart. But then healing feels like the wind against your face when you are spreading your wings and flying through the air!
We may not have wings growing out of our backs, but healing is the closest thing that will give us that wind against our faces.” – C. JoyBell C.
6. “To hurt is as human as to breathe.” – J.K. Rowling
7. “Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
8. “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
9. “Here she is, all mine, trying her best to give me all she can. How could I ever hurt her? But I didn’t understand then. That I could hurt somebody so badly she would never recover. That a person can, just by living, damage another human being beyond repair.” – Haruki Murakami
10. “Do you know the feeling when your heart is so hurt, that you could feel the blood dripping?” – Lady Gaga
11. “The truth is that everyone’s gonna hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
12. “These memories of you don’t feel like home anymore.” – Ben Maxfield
13. “Not everyone you lose is a loss.” – Dan Mace
14. “It’s when we hurt that we learn.” – Steve Maraboli
15. “Being hurt by someone you truly care about leaves a hole in your heart that only love can fill.” – George Bernard Shaw
16. “And deep down I know this never works but you can lay with me so it doesn’t hurt. Oh, won’t you stay with me? ‘Cause you’re all I need.” – Stay With Me, Sam Smith
17. “Now, here it comes, the hardest part of all. Unchain my heart that’s holding on. How do I start to live my life alone?” – The Art Of Letting Go, Mikaila
18. “I see your blue eyes every time I close mine. You make it hard to see. Where I belong to when I’m not around you? It’s like I’m not with me.” – I Never Told You, Colbie Caillat
19. “You only know you love her when you let her go.” – Let Her Go, Passenger
20. “And the tears come streaming down your face when you lose something you can’t replace. When you love someone but it goes to waste, could it be worse?” – Fix You, Coldplay
21. “I thought that I’ve been hurt before but no one’s ever left me quite this sore. Your words cut deeper than a knife. Now I need someone to breathe me back to life.” – Stitches, Shawn Mendes
22. “’Cause you can bandage the damage you never really can fix a heart.” – Fix A Heart, Demi Lovato
23. “Don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you got till it’s gone?” – Big Yellow Taxi, Counting Crows
24. “Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead” – Someone like you, Adele
25. “But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry, and every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry, and every time you walk out, the less I love you.” – Too good at goodbyes, Sam Smith
I hope you found something that you can use as a painful message to send to your boyfriend after you’ve been hurt. Also, I truly hope you’ll give yourself time to recover properly. Don’t rush things and focus on yourself.