How many times have you tried to express how much you’re longing for your person, but couldn’t figure out how to write that I miss you message for him and put a smile on his face?
We both know it’s natural to feel a bit blue when someone you love is not around. Whether you’re in a long-distance relationship, or if he went on a business trip, even if you just said goodbye – it’s always the right time to put a smile on your guy’s face, right?
Nowadays it’s super easy to do that because we have the technology. We can easily communicate with one another, and even have a video call and see someone – in a blink of an eye! Nothing you already didn’t know, but I’m feeling sarcastic for no apparent reason.
Anyways, if you’re a bit old-school-ish like I am, then you prefer to send a cute text to make the love of your life happy. Of course, there are a lot of apps for messaging, so why wouldn’t you use them?
Here are some examples of I miss you messages for him that I came up with. I’ve also added some quotes and lyrics from famous songs if you want to use that as well. Feel free to combine some of them, shuffle words and be playful.
Remember, if you’re smiling while writing that I miss you message for him, chances are high that it will make him smile as well!
Short I miss you messages for him
Sometimes you don’t have enough time to write a long paragraph saying how much you miss him. But, it’s not an option NOT to send that message? Perfect, I have a solution for you.
If you want to keep it short but sweet, here are some examples of I miss you messages for him that may fit your criteria.
1. Just a quick reminder that someone misses you.
2. Simple I miss you is not working when I can’t stop thinking about you, not even for a second.
3. I know you miss me too.
4. I smile just at the thought of you. Can’t wait to hug you!
5. I miss your kisses, your hugs, your voice, your… You!
6. I miss you, baby. I’m looking forward to the day you’ll finally be home.
7. When I say that I miss you, it’s an understatement.
8. Is there a pill that will make me miss you less?
9. Can you just stop occupying my mind?
10. Whenever I miss you, I go through our old conversations. I’m running out of material recently.
11. I feel out of place when you’re not around, but I’m proud of how far you’ve come, my love.
12. My life feels so empty without you in it.
13. I know we just said goodbye, but I already miss you.
14. I’ll be thinking about you even if it hurts.
15. I never thought I’ll miss someone this much. Can’t wait to see you!
16. You know what’s the problem? The more I think about you, the more I miss you. Where’s the logic there?
17. All I need right now is your warm hug. Come home already and wrap your arms around me.
18. I’m trying not to miss you this much, but I need you badly.
19. This aching in my chest is unbearable. You’re the only one that can make it go away. Come back soon, please.
20. I miss you so much that even words cannot help me express it.
21. It’s been a while and my heart is seeking its home. Can you come back soon?
22. I know we’re not together right now, but our love song is playing in the background and it helps me ease the pain until I see you again.
23. It’s urgent! I ran out of words to express how much I miss you. Come back so I can restart the word count!
24. I can’t stop looking at these selfies you’ve sent me. I miss you like crazy!
25. Even when we’re apart I’m never lonely. I feel your love in every atom of my being. I love you baby and I can’t wait for you to be back!
26. This human being is properly functioning only when you’re close because it requires an enormous dose of hugs on a daily basis.
27. I need you like my lungs need air to breathe. Can you come back home soon?
28. It’s terrifying how much you can miss someone, right?
29. I miss being the reason for the smile on your face, so I hope this message will do the trick.
30. If missing you was a skill, I’d be a master by now.
31. My soul is aching for its mate.
32. Care to come back any time soon? I can’t stand missing you this much.
33. Missing you is the hardest part of our relationship.
34. I miss you like the peanut butter misses jelly.
35. I’m counting the days until we meet again my love.
Romantic I miss you messages for him
It’s never easy to express your feelings towards the one you love in just a couple of words because it always feels like you could’ve said something more.
So, here are a bit longer romantic I miss you messages for him.
1. I’m always struggling to find the right words to tell you how much I miss you. I hope you can forgive me for not being able to write everything down. And, even though I don’t wish for you to feel this way, I hope you’re missing me too.
2. I miss your voice when you talk about things that make you happy and I miss looking into your sparkling eyes. When you’re by my side, I swear there’s no happier person in the world. Can’t wait to see you again, baby.
3. I don’t think these calls and messages are doing the right thing. Hearing your voice only makes me miss you more. I keep craving you even more. Is it possible for the time to pass faster? I need you.
4. I’m not sure how much these I miss you messages are actually helping me to soothe the ache that’s slowly ruining me. But I’m sure your presence will wipe it away. Can’t wait until you’re back home.
5. You know, French people have this phrase, tu me manques, that when literally translated to English means “you are missing from me”. Isn’t it a wonderful way to indicate what actually happens when the one you love with all of your heart is not close to you?
6. I’m not the same person in your absence. It feels like you take a big part of me, pieces that come up to the surface only when you’re around. I truly miss the person I am when I’m with you. Come back home soon baby and make me whole again.
7. As soon as we say goodbye, I start missing you. I don’t know if there’s something wrong with me, or maybe you’re some kind of a drug and I became addicted.
8. Spending just a second by your side makes me extremely happy. So, imagine what a couple of days without you in my life mean.
9. I just can’t stop thinking about you. Every day that you’re away feels like an eternity. My skin is craving your touch, my lips miss your kisses.
10. Apparently it’s scientifically proven that people can survive up to fourteen days without food and around seven days without drinking water. But you don’t have to experiment with how long I can survive without you. I don’t need science to make it evident that even one day is a lot!
11. As much as I want to tell you how much I miss you I won’t be able to. I’m running out of characters to write this messag…
12. Missing you became a part of my daily routine. I just hope that hiccups are not included in your everyday tasks.
13. I can’t wait to welcome you back into our home. But, I’ll be patient because you’re doing what’s the best for both of us. I love you and I miss you, endlessly.
14. You know how much I love to drink my morning coffee and how relaxing that is for me. Also, you’re well aware of how calming it is for me to be tucked in your hug. Remember how cranky I get when I skip that coffee? Now imagine how grumpy I am when you’re not around. I miss you!
15. Whenever you’re next to me, I feel powerful and like nothing can hurt me. I swear I could conquer the world with you by my side.
Long-distance I miss you messages for him
Relationships are a bit complicated and they require a lot of compromising and communication. When it comes to long-distance relationships, it’s double the trouble, especially if you just started one.
In this part of the article, you’ll be able to find some I miss you messages for him that you can use if you’re in LDR. Hope you’ll find something adequate!
1. I may be alone now, but I’m never lonely. I know there is someone in this world loving me for who I am and caring for me. I just can’t wait to feel your touch again.
2. As long as we’re looking at the same moon and thinking of each other, I know I’m safe. Someone’s out there deeply caring about me and cherishing every memory we shared. I love you baby and I can’t wait to see you again.
3. With each day that passes, I miss you a little bit more. But that’s okay because every day that goes by strengthens our love.
4. Technology improved so much lately. But, why can’t they finally make something that will help me fast-forward time?
5. It’s not easy when I miss you, because my soul and whole body ache. But, just the thought of being with you soon is making things better. Hurry up baby, I’m impatiently waiting for you!
6. Not a single I miss you message can express exactly how I feel when you’re not around. But it’s a bitter-sweet feeling because I know how unique the love we share is. I’m looking forward to all the adventures we’re about to share.
7. I kind of envy people who get to see you every day and breathe the same air as you. I envy your shirt for hugging you and your shoes because they are walking with you. Come back asap, I’m going nuts!
8. I’m not sure why I fail at everything I do when you’re not around. Probably because you’re always on my mind and I just can’t convince it to stop replaying those memories we’ve created.
9. It’s not really important how beautiful the dream was last night. You’re not here and I wish you were.
10. I know I have to be patient, but the hoodie you left at my place is slowly losing your scent. I need you to wear it again. Can you come here?
11. Maybe I don’t have the privilege to see you every day, but I’m lucky to call you mine. I couldn’t even imagine my life without you in it.
12. No one can make me laugh as much as you do and neither hug feels as comforting as yours. Can’t wait until you wrap your arms around me again. And I promise I won’t complain about my stomach hurting me after laughing at your jokes.
13. Everyone around me gets worried when I zone out. What they don’t know is that in those moments I’m almost as happy as when you’re next to me, because I’m replaying in my head everything we’ve been through. I miss you so much, baby. Can’t wait for the day our fingers intertwine and my lips touch yours.
Quotes and lyrics to express how much you miss him
I’m always in the mood to write something, so I’ll rarely use something that’s been said already. However, these are some of my favorite quotes and song lyrics that I use as I miss you messages for him, the one I love.
1. “I wish I had done everything on earth with you.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. “I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.” – Gemma Troy
3. “But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” – Calla Quinn
4. “You know someone is very special to you when days just don’t seem right without them.” – John Cena
5. “My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you.” – John Keats
6. “You know you really miss someone when you crave something so simple such as the sound of their voice.” – Unknown
7. “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” – Virginia Wolf
8. “Life is so short, so fast the lone hours fly, we ought to be together, you and I.” – Henry Alford
9. “In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” – Hans Nouwens
10. “Missing someone enlightens how the person means to you and broadens the feelings shared.” – Unarine Ramaru
11. “When we miss someone, often, what we really miss is the part of us that with this someone awakens.” – Luigina Sgarro
12. “If I could plant a flower for every time I miss you, I could walk in my garden forever.” – Claudia Adrienne Grandi
13. “It’s hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you’re lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.” – Nikki Schiefelbein
14. “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” – Alphonse de Lamartine
15. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – Kay Knudsen
16. “A hug for you means I need you. A kiss for you means I love you. A call for you means I’m missing you.” – Beth Obedoza
17. “I miss you deeply, unfathomably, senselessly, terribly.” – Franz Kafka
18. “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” – Richard Wilbur
19. “No matter where you go, you will always be in my heart.” – Anthony T. Hincks
20. “Missing someone is your heart’s way of reminding you that you love them.” – Unknown
21. “Missing someone is a part of loving them. If you’re never apart, you’ll never really know how strong your love is.” – Unknown
22. “We only part to meet again.” – John Gay
23. “You realize how much you truly miss someone when something happens, good or bad, and the only person you want to tell is the one person who isn’t there.” – Unknown
24. “You can love someone so much, but you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” – John Green
25. “Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love.” – Munia Khan
26. “Missing you is my hobby, caring for you is my job, making you happy is my duty, and loving you is my life.” – Unknown
27. “And they can’t understand, what hurts more – missing the other person, or pretending not to.” – Khadija Rupa
28. “I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you.” – Unknown
29. “I miss that feeling of connection.
Knowing he was out there somewhere thinking about me at the same time I was thinking about him.” – Ranata Suzuki
30. “I miss you. A little too much, a little too often, and a little more every day.” – Unknown
31. “I miss your voice because it is a symphony; your scent because it is a treasure; your smile because it is a jewel; your hug because it is a masterpiece; and your kiss because it is a miracle.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
32. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” – Nicholas Sparks
33. “I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds – but I think of you always in those intervals.” – Salvador Plascencia
34. “I really do miss you. What can I say, life is so boring without you.” – Unknown
35. “I only miss you when I’m breathing.” – Breathing, Jason Derulo
36. “I miss you when I can’t sleep or right after coffee or right when I can’t eat.” – I hate you, I love you, Garrett Nash
37. “Here I am again in this mean old town, and you’re so far away from me” – So Far Away, Dire Straits
38. “I miss you when the lights go out.” – I miss you, Adele
39. “I miss you, like everyday, wanna be with you, but you’re away; I said I miss you, missing you insane” – I miss you, Beyonce
40. I’ve been thinkin’ ’bout you; yeah, I’ve been missin’ you, where the hell are you” – Thinkin’ bout you, Ariana Grande
41. “So would I be out of line if I said I miss you?” – I miss you, Incubus
42. “But I’ve been out here fighting to let go, now I’m drunk and I miss you” – Drunk and I miss you, Kiddo
43. “When I miss you and you’re so far away I just close my eyes and I can see your face” – When I miss you, Corina
44. “That I love you, I’ve loved you all along, and I miss you, been far away for far too long” – Far away, Nickelback
45. “The same old fears, wish you were here” – Wish you were here”, Pink Floyd,
46. “I’ve been hanging on the phone, I’ve been sleeping all alone, I want to kiss you sometime” – Miss you, The Rolling Stones
47. “The moon, and the stars are nothing without you, your touch, your skin, where do I begin? No words can explain the way I’m missing you” – Lay me down, Sam Smith
P.S. Make sure you spice them up a bit with emojis and even something you talk about privately, so he knows what’s waiting for him once he gets back. Naturally, there are different ways you can make your guy miss you like crazy, but these “I miss you” messages will do the trick as well. Have fun!
Leave a comment