Knowing that you reached the end with your partner may leave you with emotional scars that take months or sometimes even years to recover from. And putting all those emotions into one break-up message is tough for sure.
After all, this is the person you spent a lot of time together with. You shared your deepest thoughts and secrets with them. But, nothing is permanent. Even though breaking up with someone is hard, it’s a reality not many people are ready to face.
When you see that your partner is ignoring your needs and wishes, it’s better to leave them and try to find your happiness elsewhere. Being single may be tough, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t succeed in life on your own.
Many are afraid to break up because they fear what will happen next. They think they won’t find someone else who’ll make them happy and that’s why they rather stay and adapt to their loveless relationship.
However, those emotions are only temporary. They’ll go away once you find the strength to move on by yourself.
A break-up message is an excellent way of expressing the pain you’re feeling right now. You have the opportunity to summarize your entire relationship into a single message. Because of that, it has to be precise, clear, and properly explained.
It’s difficult to type a message like this when you’re battling your own emotions and decision. That’s why I decided to make a list of break-up messages that can help you verbalize your feelings to your soon-to-be ex-partner.
Sad break-up messages
Breaking up with your partner comes with a lot of sadness and sorrow. All your pain and trouble should be included in sad break-up messages. Here are a couple of examples:
1. I always wanted you to be better toward me and to treat me the way I deserve. But you failed to do that. Your poor behavior and rude words broke my heart into a million pieces. And I can’t take this anymore. I’ve tolerated it for so long because of my feelings for you. But now I’m done with you. I don’t love you anymore. It’s over.
2. I can’t deny that I still love you. But your actions have proved to me that I can’t trust you anymore. Things would’ve been just fine if you’d stopped with your lies and deception. All you had to do is accept that you hurt me and put in the effort to say you’re sorry. Despite that, we were a perfect couple, so happy and joyful. It’s sad how we missed our chance to be in love forever. I wish you all the best. Goodbye.
3. All of my friends told me I needed to get away from you and not start anything serious with you. But I didn’t listen to them. Instead, I chose to listen to my heart. Now, look where we are. I can’t bear the hurt anymore. And I never thought I’d have to face this type of negative energy in my life. I need to get away from you, I have to walk away. Honestly, I hope I never hear from you ever again.
4. I would’ve never fallen in love with you if I’d known from the start that you’d hurt me this much. But it wasn’t entirely your fault. I was foolish to think that our love would last forever because I was blinded by it. I thought I was living a fairytale life, but it was just my imagination playing tricks on me.
5. We’re too similar to stay in love forever. Truthfully, two positives or two negatives always repel. I wish you the best of luck, to find someone who’ll be a better fit for you than I was. You deserve to have a happy life, but I deserve that too. Good luck.
6. A relationship without trust has no future. You can’t be with someone whose words mean nothing to you. And I see that you don’t trust me anymore. It’s better for us to go our separate ways before anything serious happens between us. May you get the best things in life. Thank you for everything.
7. Your hurtful words and actions have broken my soul into a million pieces. You’ve given me countless empty promises and half-truths and you never stopped. You never tried to put yourself in my shoes and understand me. It’s more than one person can tolerate. My soft heart needs a break from you. Bye.
8. It’s so odd that we’re now strangers to each other. It’s time to move on. I wish you all the best.
9. This day wouldn’t have come if you could only accept me the way I am. But instead, you emphasized my flaws and faults, and told everyone that I’m the weak one in our relationship. You couldn’t stop bickering about things I hadn’t done. You should have appreciated the things I did for you, for us. Instead, you listened to what others told you and never asked me what my poor heart wanted from you.
10. The problem with our relationship is that you kept thinking about the fights we had in the past while I kept thinking about the smiles we’d share in the future.
11. You were always trying to justify your actions by telling me that they were harmless white lies, but when you keep making excuses for your partner over and over again, it starts to take a toll on your soul and body. You never bothered to feel my pain or to wipe the tears from my cheeks. Now I have no choice but to break up with you and move on alone.
12. When I loved you, I loved you so much that I never thought I could ever possibly hate you. But now that I do, I hate you so much that I can never think of loving you again. Goodbye.
13. I don’t feel as if you betrayed me. You gave me an experience that taught me a valuable lesson. And that is to never trust a liar. I wish that no one does the same to you as you did to me. Your dagger-words hurt me day in and day out. But no more. I wish you the best. Goodbye.
Break-up messages to girlfriend
Sending that last message to your girlfriend (or should I say soon-to-be ex-girlfriend) may be a tough thing to do, but it’s necessary if you can’t see a future with her. These break-up messages may give you inspiration on how to put all those emotions into words.
1. I have many reasons to love you and a very few to hate you. But the reasons not to love you overpower. I’m sorry, never wanted to break your heart.
2. I’ll always remember our first kiss and the way you made me feel when we hugged. I’m truly grateful for that. But it’s better not to stay associated with each other anymore. You treated me right, but our spark is gone.
3. It’s understandable to have ups and downs when you’re in a relationship with someone. But the effort to keep it going should come from both of us. I can’t be the one who always pulls all the strings and ignores his values because of you. I barely see you giving any effort into this relationship. I’m really tired of trying, so I think it’s best that we break up.
4. If someone says that you were my greatest mistake, don’t believe them. In fact, you were the best gift of my life. But our energy wasn’t synchronized and we couldn’t last. I’m sure that someday someone will win over your heart, but just know you’ll always have a special place here in mine.
5. Yes, being alone may look sad to other people. After all, facing life problems by yourself is a tough task, but it’s not impossible. Being alone is better than have somebody who makes you feel alone. This is why I have to leave you. Goodbye.
6. I feel like there’s no love between us anymore. It seems as if we lost ourselves somewhere. I can’t take this feeling anymore. I want to solve this all today. And I want to tell you that I can’t continue this relationship, I need a break. And that’s a breakup. Take care.
7. I’m done playing blaming games and having these pointless fights with you. I can’t take it anymore, I’m tired of our relationship. My heart can’t tolerate this much pain. You’ve never even tried to understand how I feel. I’m starting to believe you never loved me at all. It’s over between us. We’re breaking up.
8. Having someone by your side means a lot. I have so much expectation that your love will lift me up and that you’ll take care of me. But you failed to do that. Maybe it was not a good thing to have any expectations when it comes to love, but blame my good heart for that. That was my mistake and I need a break now.
9. I wanted to love you, honestly, I tried my best. But I don’t know why you pushed me away every time. I can’t take this anymore. There’s no point in keeping a relationship like this. We both need time and space. And that’s why I am breaking up with you. Take care, bye.
10. When I woke up, I had this weird feeling in my chest and I finally realized what it is. I realized there’s no love between us anymore. I can’t continue our relationship, because if I do, I would go against myself. And I need some time for myself. Take care and bye.
11. Nowadays, I’ve been feeling that our relationship has no future. We have lost our spark and it’s sadly time to say goodbye to each other. Good luck with your life.
12. Maybe we’re not mature enough to handle this relationship. So, instead of dragging it on and making it worse, let’s call it off and move forward in life. Goodbye, will miss you forever.
13. While writing this message, I’m in so much pain that you can’t even imagine. But it’s time to face the truth. We don’t love each other anymore, we’re just fulfilling each other’s needs. The time has come to say goodbye.
14. There are times when someone comes into your life whose only role is to teach you a lesson and then leave. You can’t seem to be on the same page with the person and you can’t be happy together. You won’t find peace with them, there’ll just be no grudges and no love. That’s the case with us, so it’s better to call it off. Thank you for everything you taught me. Bye forever.
15. A loving person is medicine for any kind of pain. But there’s no medicine in the world for the pain you experience from that one. You stole my heart and never returned it. I gave you everything I had and yet you couldn’t even love me the right way. Your words were cold and your touches were emotionless. We need to be apart. I won’t become a henpecked boyfriend who can’t have his own voice in the relationship.
Break-up messages to boyfriend
Breaking up is always hurtful for the one who sincerely loved, and it’s difficult to go through this alone. If he has taken you for granted and if your emotions are all over the place, then these examples may help you show him your heartache and disappointment.
1. I’m not going to waste my precious time and energy on you, and neither should you. Let’s forget we were even a thing and move on like nothing ever happened. I’m not interested in continuing our relationship and I have no desire to talk to you again. Good luck.
2. I know I’ll have a hard time forgetting you. After all, we spent almost every day together. But you know time is the greatest healer, and we’ll both recover sooner or later. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. Have a good and successful life.
3. I know we’ve had the most wonderful times together, but I think it is high time we take our separate paths. You’ll always remain a good memory.
4. Not even in my wildest dreams would I have thought it would come to this, but sometimes nightmares become a reality. I’ll always cherish the memories we had together. I need to regain control over my life again and I think the only way I can achieve that is by being alone and not with you.
5. It’s super hard on my part but we really need to break up. It’s necessary for us to accept fate and grow no bitterness in our hearts. Stay safe, take care. Goodbye.
6. Every night I cry myself to sleep, not because you’re leaving, but because I was so naive to trust your meaningless words. I gave my heart to a guy who never knew how to handle my kindness. I was a fool for loving you this much.
7. I gave everything I had, I put my sweat and tears into reviving our dying relationship. Even if I’m falling apart, I’ll be better on my own. But it seems as if my heartache doesn’t mean anything to you. I want to be free from it, so that’s why I’m saying goodbye to you, forever.
8. You’ve changed so much. You don’t have any time for me. You don’t have any love for me. And I can’t tolerate it all. That’s why I decided to send you this break-up message. I hope you’ll respect my decision and leave me alone.
9. I must be honest with myself and confess you’re an amazing guy. You were always supportive and caring and I never felt lonely by your side. You pushed me to be a better person and made me feel like I was floating on cloud nine. But it’s time to end this relationship. I hope you’ll find someone who’ll give you everything you need.
10. Goodbye, this is going to be my last message to you. I am writing to you to let you know that I still love you and I will keep loving you. But I’m not going to be with you in a relationship. You are the wrong one for me. I made a huge mistake by loving you, and I will regret that my entire life.
11. Ending things between us seems easy for you. After all, you never honestly cared about my emotional state. You asked for space and freedom and I gave you that. Now I hope you’ll understand there’s no other way for me to be happy again. I have to break up with you. I’m not going to bother you and please don’t make this harder than it already is.
12. The good things in our relationship are long gone. All that’s left between us are fights, bickering, and being angry at each other. I’ve grown so tired of these things that I need to shift my focus on myself now. Good luck and take care.
Polite break-up messages
1. My intention isn’t to destroy everything we built. After all those fights and arguments, I still respect you. That’s why I’m writing this break-up message to you. I don’t want us to be together anymore and I don’t want any scenes to be made. I think we’ve both had enough of that and I know you’re mature enough to understand. Sorry for everything bad I’ve ever done to you.
2. I’m thankful for all the great time we got to spend together and for all the beautiful moments we shared with each other. But it’s time to go our separate ways and find our happiness with someone else. I hope you have a good future ahead.
3. We both have to stay positive and think about the good times we had. A breakup isn’t that bad, it’s just the beginning of another adventure. I’ll definitely miss you and I hope that our paths cross again in the future.
4. Just because one relationship didn’t work out does not mean that others will share the same fate. You have to move forward and be independent. You’ll always have a special place in my heart, but I must say goodbye to you.
5. The decision to break up with you was not easy at all. But all I ask is that you please don’t cry, and rather forgive me. It’s better to take strong decisions to come out of tough situations, it’ll help both of us to grow and be better.
Respectful break-up messages
1. Even though we have no future together, I can’t treat you like an enemy. You are and will be my best friend always. I hope you won’t mind staying friends with me. I respect you and I still wish to be part of your life. It’s just that I don’t think that we can stay in a relationship anymore. I have to take some time for myself.
2. You could have thousands of boys in your life, but you’ll never find one like me. Maybe you will find someone who’s better looking than me, but you won’t find anyone who will love you more than me. I pray for you, best of luck.
3. I can’t wrap my head around why you broke my heart and left me. Honestly, I respect you and will keep loving you, but it’ll be hard for me to start something new. I wish you all the best in life.