Ending a relationship is difficult for everyone, whether you’re the one who broke up or the one who’s been left. And there’s one thing a lot of us do afterward – we search for words of consolation. Breakup paragraphs can do just that.
Sometimes we want words that will make us cry, while other times we look for those that’ll give us the strength to move on. To help you overcome this tough period, I made a huge collection of the most heartfelt paragraphs ever written. Come on, let’s read them together.
Sad breakup paragraphs
Breakups are always tough. They change the whole rhythm of our lives – it’s difficult getting used to living without that person who meant so much to us.
Sometimes we want to share our feelings, but we just can’t find the right words to perfectly describe what we’re feeling inside. We’re even convinced that no one has ever felt the pain we feel at the moment. But the truth is, everybody hurts.
That’s why I can understand you and what you’re going through. And I’m here to help you express yourself the right way. Let’s check out some ideas I have for you.
1) All my friends tell me I should move on. I just wanna stay even though I know you’re not the one for me but I’m not gonna allow that to happen. This is our final goodbye.
2) Sometimes I wonder what we could have been in another time, and in another place… But those are just my dreams, they’ll never come true. And it’s better that way. Goodbye.
3) It’s finally time for me to stand up for myself. So that’s what I’ll do, and you’ll never see me again.
4) I realized I’m the only one who still fights for us. And I’m done doing that.
5) I hoped you’d make me cry tears of joy on our wedding day. I never imagined crying because I have to leave you and all our dreams behind. But I know it’s the right thing to do.
6) I’m sorry for what happened to us. I truly am. I hope you’ll find someone who finally makes your dreams come true. And I hope you’ll always remember me too.
7) It’s going to be difficult and I don’t know how to move on when we’ve had so much planned together, but that’s something I’ll have to figure out.
8) Seeing you move on before we even broke up was the most painful thing in my life. But now I’m leaving and you’ll see how that feels.
9) I guess I’ll have to accept the fact that we’re done. I kept going back, looking at our memories and hoping that one day we’d get to relive them. But reality kicked in and I realize you’re not mine anymore.
10) I wanted to buy you that video game you really wanted, but I realized you don’t deserve it and you don’t deserve me.
11) My friends told me it would hurt a lot. I told them they were crazy and that I’d be totally fine. Now I know I was the crazy one for not believing them, but I’ll still do what has to be done. This is my final goodbye to you.
12) Wanna know the difference between the two of us? I loved you for who you are, but you always wanted to change me.
13) The fact that we failed to understand each other even after spending so much time together really hurts. But I guess that’s a sign that helped me realize we weren’t meant for each other.
14) It took all the courage in the world for me to write this goodbye to the one I loved the most, and to the person I’ll probably love forever. But you’ll understand why it had to be done.
15) The other day, I had an awful dream that we broke up. And from this day we’ll both live in that nightmare. It’s time for us to go our separate ways.
16) I hope you’ll never know how difficult it is to have to leave the person you love the most, but it needs to be done.
17) It was extremely painful for me to see that I was losing you bit by bit every day. And the worst thing was that I knew I’d never get you back. That’s how I realized it’s best that I leave you.
18) I never thought memories would be the only thing we’d have together. But maybe it’s for the best since we couldn’t work out together.
19) I really hoped we’d have a bright future together, but now I realize that it’s impossible. I’m so sorry it turned out this way.
20) I’ve been thinking a lot lately. I want you to be happier, so I know I have to leave you now. One day, you’ll realize why.
21) This is the last time you’ll ever speak to me, so say everything you want me to know before it’s too late.
22) You used to treat me like a princess, but now I feel so ignored and taken for granted. I don’t think I deserve that, so I’m on my way to find my real prince.
23) At least you were honest when you said you don’t love me anymore, and I’m thankful for that. But only God knows how much it broke me.
24) Know that I’ll always love you. But I love myself more.
25) I never thought I’d have to wake up without you by my side. I guess we weren’t meant to be. You’ll always be my biggest unfulfilled wish.
Breakup paragraphs after being cheated on
The worst and most selfish thing a loved one can do to you is to betray you. Finding out that they destroyed everything you had is the worst feeling you could ever feel. But you’re not alone. You’ll get through it and realize they were never worth it.
Someone else will come along. Someone who will truly love you and make you their priority. Then you’ll finally find what’s meant for you and you’ll be happier than ever.
Until that happens, you might find some solace in these relatable breakup paragraphs I’ve prepared for you. You can even send them to him.
1) I believed you, but now I’ve learned something. Someone who truly loves you would never do anything to lose you. Now you’re gone, and whose fault is that? Certainly not mine.
2) I struggled but now I know. It was your choice to cheat. It was your choice to lie to me. And now you’re only sorry you got caught. What you did is your fault. Not mine, and it will never be.
3) My heart needed a bit more time to accept the things my mind already knew. I accepted it, and I’m stronger than ever.
4) Breaking someone’s heart is like crumpling up a piece of paper. You can always smooth it over, but it will never be the same. So don’t you dare try to fix what you’ve done. I won’t let you disturb my peace anymore.
5) It takes years to build trust. But it can easily break in seconds. Then you’ll need forever to repair it. You decided to break it, and now you’ll never get the “forever” you asked for.
6) A single lie is all it takes to question all the truth. Imagine how I felt when you lied for years.
7) One day you’ll realize that you threw away a diamond, to pick up a rock. Your diamond is gone now, have fun cherishing the rock.
8) The good thing that happened to me after you cheated is that I got to go on many more first dates.
9) I realized I’ll let her keep you. That’s the best revenge I’ll ever get. You were never a man, you were just an immature boy.
10) I trusted your words, but your actions revealed the truth. I’m thankful that it happened sooner rather than later.
11) You didn’t just cheat on the girl who loved you. You cheated on both of us, and you robbed us of our future.
12) Stop telling me you made a mistake. Cheating is never a mistake, it’s always a choice!
13) Don’t worry. Karma will do the work. One day, you’ll get cheated on by the person you trusted, and then you’ll remember what you did to me.
14) Cheaters are cowards. Why would I want such a “boy” in my life? Don’t bother contacting me.
15) I tried to keep us together, but the only thing you kept were secrets.
16) Now I know why you were so paranoid about getting cheated on. You were afraid you’d get a taste of your own medicine.
17) Sometimes I wonder why you didn’t just admit you wanted something else. Then I remember how big of a coward you are.
18) You were perfectly aware of what you were doing. You knew it would break me. But what you didn’t anticipate was that I’d find out. Guess I won.
19) I’m not a fool for trusting you. You’re a fool for losing me.
20) The only thing I ever asked of you is to stay faithful. Tell me, why was that so difficult?
21) It’s not my fault you cheated on me. For once in your life, admit you’re to blame.
22) I’m a good enough person to forgive you, but I’m not a fool to trust you again. It’s time for me to leave and you to deal with your choices.
23) Do you remember when I got angry because I dreamt you cheated on me? That’s not what I meant when I said I want you to make my dreams come true.
24) Don’t think you outsmarted me. I already figured it out, I just waited to see how long you’d lie to me.
25) Now I know why all my friends hated you. I’ve finally seen the monster you are.
26) I just want to know one thing before I let you go. Did you make the same promises to both of us?
27) You needed someone else because I wasn’t enough for you. But I’ll be enough for the right person, and you just gave me a chance to find my soulmate.
28) I still can’t believe what you did to me. While I was fully committed, you went around and kissed the lips of another woman. You don’t deserve me, so this is my final goodbye.
29) It was hard to accept the fact that I’d been betrayed. It’s been some time since hearing from you, and now it’s even harder to remember what I saw in you.
30) I don’t know just how evil you have to be to break someone’s heart. But I’m thankful I’ll never know that.
31) I hope you’ll find the one who’ll melt your heart, make you laugh, and make your dreams come true. The one who’ll be your everything and the girl you’ll want to marry. And then I hope she cheats on you as you did on me.
32) After you, I thought that I couldn’t trust any men. But I realized it’s not all of them, it’s you.
33) You hurt me, my family, and my friends. I hope you’ll have that on your mind the next time you contemplate cheating on someone.
34) Accidents happen. But your tongue in her mouth definitely wasn’t an accident.
35) I hope I was at least a lesson that will help you learn how to treat women with respect.
36) For your own sake, I hope you learn from your mistakes.
37) What annoyed me the most is that I didn’t feel humiliated, or even fooled. What I felt was a horrible betrayal. My heart was broken by both of you – my best friend and the guy I loved the most.
38) I hope at least some of the things we had were true. But I feel like you were incapable of telling the truth. And that’s what I’m most afraid of.
39) Now I know why you cheated – it was the easiest way out. Sorry, I forgot you were a coward, but now I remember.
40) You can feel betrayed only by the people you love. I hope you’ll love someone the way I loved you, and then that karma does its thing.
41) The worst thing is that you thought I was that stupid to believe all the lies you told me.
42) You deleted the messages on your phone, but you could never hide the look behind your cheating eyes.
43) You were too scared and too selfish to tell me you didn’t want me anymore. Now I’m too scared to trust another man.
Painful breakup paragraphs
You loved him more than anything in the world, but it just didn’t work out. Now you’re thinking about the things you went through together. Your memories just won’t leave your head. “Why did it have to happen? How will I move on?“
Everything happens for a reason. I know it’s painful. But you’ll soon get the answers. While you’re waiting for them, here are some painful breakup paragraphs you can probably relate to.
1) I guess you didn’t mean all those things you said to me. I considered asking you why. But you don’t deserve a chance to explain yourself. Goodbye.
2) Sometimes I close my eyes and dream that we’re still doing fine. We finally reached our goals and life is great. Then I open them and I realize that’s not how it is at all. That’s the reason I must leave.
3) We can’t live on the old memories and not make any new ones. That’s not how a relationship should work. It’s a sign we should go our separate ways.
4) And that night one tear ran down my face. One tear for a year we spent together and all the plans we had. But at least I know this is for the best, so please don’t call me ever again.
5) I hope you’ll never feel the pain I felt when you told me you were leaving. I knew I’ll get through it, but I’m not so sure about you.
6) Do me a favor. Look at yourself in a few weeks and tell me if it was worth it.
7) The worst part of sending this message isn’t that I have to say goodbye not only to you but to the life we were meant to spend together.
8) What hurts the most is the fact that we used to be best friends, and now we are just strangers with memories.
9) I had a life before you. Then we met and I had a life with you. But I never thought there would be one after you. But after I hit this send button, there will be.
10) Yes, I’m sad, heartbroken, disappointed, and in pain. But I will live and try hard to show you I can succeed without you.
11) There’s one thing I want to know. How do you tell someone you love them and just walk away? You got up, got dressed, went to work… And you never came back. How could you do that? How could you be fine with that?
12) I don’t know what hurts more, the memories of the person you were or the reality of the person you became. You’re no longer the guy I fell in love with and that’s why I have to go. I love you but I got to put my happiness first.
13) My tears are the price I’ll pay for the freedom I need.
14) You know what makes me sad? The fact that we used to adore each other and now we barely even talk. I have to leave you, you’ll soon realize it’s the best for both of us.
15) I really believed we could get through this, but you proved me wrong. I’m sorry it didn’t work out the way we wanted.
16) I’ll probably be grieving your loss, even though you’re still alive. But at least I know this is what’s best for me. Goodbye.
17) It’s sad to see how it all started with a simple hello, and now it’s ended with the most complicated goodbye.
18) I felt so much pain all at once, that I started to feel nothing. That’s how I knew it was time to send this message. Goodbye.
19) I know I’ll never forget you, but this is the right decision.
20) You tried to change me, but the only thing that needed to change was my relationship status.
21) I know leaving you will break me, but staying in a relationship like this will break me even more.
22) My mind is filled with our memories and now that I’m leaving you, the only wish I have is to save them and use them to move forward in my life.
23) I know I’m stuck in the past, but that’s the only place where I can see the old you. I’m leaving you now so I can preserve at least those memories.
24) I never thought writing a message can hurt this much, but as I’m writing this goodbye message, I feel that pain.
25) I promised I would never lie to you, so I’m telling you the truth. I don’t think we’re right for each other and it’s time to break up.
26) Naked truth? I waited for the old you to come back, but you never did, so I’m leaving too.
27) I know I promised you we’d always be together. But back then I didn’t know you’d treat me like this. So I’m sorry, but I’m breaking my promise.
28) You told me you’d change. I gave you so many chances but now I’m done. You don’t deserve a single chance from me anymore.
29) Today I cried because I remembered how I loved you before, and then I realized it wouldn’t be in the past tense if it was right.
30) We were soulmates, but I guess we ruined it together. Who knows, maybe one day we’ll meet again and start a new chapter together. Until then, goodbye.
Breakup paragraphs for him
Has your girlfriend broken your heart into pieces? Has she played with your emotions like you never meant a thing to her? And so now you’re looking for a way to express your feelings and let her know what she did to you and your relationship.
If you don’t know how to verbalize all of the things that are going through your head, then these breakup paragraphs will do the trick. The following examples will help you speak from the heart and show that the failed relationship has only been causing you pain.
1) You made me realize that boys do cry, but I’ll never cry for the same reason again.
2) Oh, so you called me again? I’m sorry, I’m busy. But you can go on and disappoint some other guy.
3) You were fake, but you wanted a real man. That’s not how it works.
4) You knew how much I loved you, but you still chose to break me. And you called that love?
5) I loved you, but I love myself too. So I’m on my way to finding a woman who will treasure all the things I do for her and all the love I give her.
6) I thought you loved me too, but you can’t love someone and leave him without an explanation. That’s not what true love looks like.
7) We had our plans, we even picked out the names for our children, but you still chose him over me. Now I know how fast the night changes.
8) I’ll be fine one day. But you’ll have to live with the fact that you broke the heart of the guy who loved you the most.
9) I hope that you’ll one day find a guy who will love you as much as I did. But I know that’s impossible.
10) Yes, I was crazy about you. But I wasn’t that crazy to chase you while you were chasing someone else.
11) Why were you so surprised when I said I wanted to leave? Would you stay in a relationship where you’re treated like an option? I don’t think so.
12) All the things you did to me made me stop loving you. I know it must be difficult to hear that, but think about how difficult it was for me to be with a woman who hurt me every day. This time, I’m gonna choose myself.
13) The trust is broken and I can’t look at you the way I did before. We tried, but now it’s time to admit that we failed. I’m sorry, my love.
14) I always felt like being in a relationship with you was my second job. But then I realized I wouldn’t feel that way if you were the one for me.
15) I appreciate all the times we had together. But if I knew you would treat me like this, I would never wish to be in a relationship with you.
16) Letting you go was the hardest thing I had to do. But I figured out it was also the best thing that happened to me.
17) Please don’t say you love me when you don’t mean it. I’ve heard it enough times to know if it’s real or not, and I can tell that you’re lying.
18) I thought that our breakup was the worst that could happen to me. But the worst was actually our relationship.
19) You made me believe you, just so you could break me more.
20) I feel like you never even loved me. I figured out a single lie, but now I can’t help but think you’re covered in them.
21) I thought you were the one person I’d never let go of. But now I know that’s what must be done.
22) I hope that one day you’ll be fair enough to explain to me why you did it. Was I not good enough for you? I’m confused because I know I gave you all the love I had and you still chose to look for it elsewhere.
23) You were just a lesson that taught me which girls are worth it, and which aren’t.
24) I heard many people say I’ll move on and find another one. But I don’t think they understand that I never thought I’d have to do that. You were my whole world, the woman I wanted for life. Even though it will be hard to pick myself back up, I know that you don’t deserve to spend a day more with me.
25) When you left you made me think it was my fault. Now I finally know it was you, and you just wanted to blame me for your own mistakes.
26) You are the kind of woman everybody wants, but no one needs. I figured that out the hard way.
27) I defended you to all my friends, but all you did was prove that they were right about you.
28) We were supposed to move in together today, but the only things I’ll be moving are your pictures from my table. They’re going straight into the trash.
29) I just hope that you learned how not to treat a man. I cared so much about you, but I realize now you were simply using me.
30) You always made me think I wasn’t good enough for a woman like you. The truth is I was too good for you. And I’m finally ready to find the one who will appreciate me.
Breakup paragraphs in songs
If you’re like me, then you feel like music is always there for you. It’s one of your best friends who’s there when you want to have fun, but also when you want to find comfort.
There are so many songs in this world, so you’re bound to find one that fits your current mood. I made you a list of my favorite lyrics that helped me feel like I’m not alone – that there’s someone else who is going or has gone through similar situations.
1) “And I’d sing a song, that’d be just ours
But I sang ’em all to another heart
And I wanna cry, I wanna learn to love
But all my tears have been used up”
– Another Love, Tom Odell
2) “Look, let me guess, you want to stay friends?
Tellin’ people that’s how we been?
Tellin’ everybody, yeah that we was barely speakin’
All this kinda funny, why’d you call me every day then?”
– Lie, NF
3) “Took a while, was in denial when I first heard
That you moved on quicker than I could’ve ever, you know that hurt
Swear for a while I would stare at my phone just to see your name
But now that it’s there, I don’t really know what to say”
– You Broke Me First, Tate McRae
4) “And don’t tell me you’re sorry ’cause you’re not
Baby when I know you’re only sorry you got caught”
– Take A Bow, Rihanna
5) “And I will swallow my pride
You’re the one that I love
And I’m saying goodbye”
– Say Something, A Great Big World
6) “And then the cold came, the dark days
When fear crept into my mind
You gave me all your love and all I gave you was goodbye”
– Back To December, Taylor Swift
7) “We only said goodbye with words
I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to black”
– Back To Black, Amy Winehouse
8) “And I don’t even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger
And that feels so rough
You didn’t have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records
And then change your number
I guess that I don’t need that though
Now you’re just somebody that I used to know”
– Somebody I Used To Know, Gotye
9) “And though we tried
Oh how we cried
We lost ourselves
The love has died”
– You Lost Me, Christina Aguilera
10) “Forget what I said
It’s not what I meant
And I can’t take it back
I can’t unpack the baggage you left”
– Falling, Harry Styles
11) “Staring at the ceiling in the dark
Same old empty feeling in your heart
‘Cause love comes slow, and it goes so fast
Well, you see her when you fall asleep
But never to touch and never to keep
‘Cause you loved her too much, and you dived too deep”
– Let Her Go, Passenger
12) “But it’s not the fact that you kissed him yesterday
It’s the feeling of betrayal, that I just can’t seem to shake
And everything I know tells me that I should walk away
But I just wanna stay”
– Be Alright, Dean Lewis
13) “I was June and you were my Johnny Cash
Never one without the other we made a pact
Sometimes when I miss you
I put those records on
Someone said you had your tattoo removed
Saw you downtown singing the blues
Its time to face the music
I’m no longer your muse”
– The One That Got Away, Katy Perry
14) “And I don’t talk stuff about you on the internet
Never told anyone anything bad
‘Cause that stuff’s embarrassing, you were my everything
And all that you did was make me really sad”
– Happier Than Ever, Billie Eilish
15) “I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don’t know what I’m supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you”
– The Night We Met, Lord Huron
16) “I was the match and you were the rock
Maybe, we started this fire
We sat apart and watched
All we had burned on the pyre”
– The Things We Lost In The Fire, Bastille
17) “They say that the time will heal it, the pain will go away
But everything, it reminds me of you and it comes in waves
Way you laugh when your shoulders shook
The time you took to teach me all that you had taught
Tell me, how am I supposed to move on?”
– Wrecked, Imagine Dragons
18) “Sometimes it works out but sometimes it don’t
Maybe we’ll fix this or maybe we won’t
Sometimes a heart can sink like a stone
Until you find home”
– Heartbreak Anthem, Galantis
19) “Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don’t sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
‘Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name”
– When I Was Your Man, Bruno Mars
20) “You betrayed me
And I know that you’ll never feel sorry
For the way I hurt, yeah
You’d talk to her
When we were together
Loved you at your worst
But that didn’t matter”
– Traitor, Olivia Rodrigo
21) “It’s such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard”
– Scientist, Coldplay
22) “And I tend to close my eyes when it hurts sometimes
I fall into your arms
I’ll be safe in your sound ’til I come back around”
– Someone You Loved, Lewis Capaldi
23) “Sorry I could be so blind
Didn’t mean to leave you
And all of the things that we had behind”
– Sorry, Halsey
24) “That if I can’t be close to you
I’ll settle for the ghost of you
I miss you more than life
And if you can’t be next to me
Your memory is ecstasy
I miss you more than life”
– Ghost, Justin Bieber
25) “We’d always go into it blindly
I needed to lose you to find me
This dancing was killing me softly
I needed to hate you to love me”
– Lose You To Love Me, Selena Gomez
26) “Who will love you?
Who will fight?
And who will fall far behind?”
– Skinny Love, Birdy
27) “I can’t save us, my Atlantis, we fall
We built this town on shaky ground
I can’t save us, my Atlantis, oh, no
We built it up to pull it down”
– Atlantis, Seafret
28) “I’ve spent all of the love I saved
We were always a losing game
Small town boy in a big arcade
I got addicted to a losing game”
– Arcade, Duncan Laurence
29) “I’ve wasted my nights
You turned out the lights
Now I’m paralyzed
Still stuck in that time, when we called it love
But even the sun sets in paradise”
– Payphone, Maroon 5
30) “It hurts to know you’re happy, yeah, it hurts that you’ve moved on
It’s hard to hear your name when I haven’t seen you in so long
It’s like we never happened, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?”
– Amnesia, 5 Seconds Of Summer
Empowering breakup paragraphs
Even though it feels like the end of the world, trust me, it’s not. Everything happens for a reason and you’ll soon figure that out.
Keep in mind that your happiness shouldn’t depend on someone else. You are strong enough to succeed without his help. You’re powerful enough to reach all your goals on your own. And you’re unique, beautiful, funny, smart, kind, and it’s his problem he couldn’t deal with such a woman.
Now is your turn to shine even brighter than before. And these empowering breakup paragraphs can help you move on.
1) I was never aware of how strong I am, until being strong was the only choice I had. Thank you for making me realize my strength.
2) Let me tell you something, being single is refreshing. I don’t have to worry if you’re lying to me or cheating on me, or if I’m being disrespected anymore.
3) Being single is much better than staying in a broken relationship like ours. Now I know that I’m strong enough to succeed on my own.
4) I finally realized that being single is not just a relationship status. It’s a powerful word that shows how strong I am and how I can enjoy my life without depending on you.
5) There isn’t anyone who can go back to the past and make a new beginning. But everyone can live in the present and make a new ending. So that’s why I did. And for your info, I’ve never felt better.
6) After you left me, I read that getting over someone who hurt you is like crossing the monkey bars in the park. At some point, you’ll have to let go in order to move forward. I finally let go of you, and all the things we had. Now I’m pressing toward my goals.
7) I know I’ll love again and it will be a dream come true. Our relationship was just a lesson to teach me what to look for. And I definitely know what not to chase – people like you.
8) Sometimes the things that seemed good fall apart, so some better things can fall together. We fell apart, now I’ll get my happily ever after.
9) Sleeping alone in our bed is much better than sleeping with you. You were the one who shared the bed with someone else.
10) Life is too short to spend it stressing about the people who are not worth it. So I’ve decided you’re not my problem anymore.
11) Thank you for making me realize my worth.
12) Yes, you hurt me. But at least, now I know what I want in my life.
13) Don’t worry, I don’t hate you. I just hate the fact that you made me love you.
14) You never believed in me, but now you’ll get to watch me reach my goals.
15) I didn’t lose you. You lost me. And now you’ll have to live and look for me in every other girl you’ll meet. But you’ll never find one like me.
16) You thought you’d stop me from reaching my goals, now watch me rule the world.
17) Of course you couldn’t handle me, I was too good for you. Now I’m on my way to find someone who’s on my level.
18) You’ll never see a single tear on my cheek. And that’s because I didn’t lose a guy I loved, I lost a guy I thought I knew. But you lost a girl you know and you once loved.
19) Now you’ll have to realize that the only way I’ll be in your life is in your thoughts.
20) Trust me, I’m better off single than taken… for granted.
21) When you see me on the street, you’ll recognize what you had, regret what you lost, and finally realize what you’ll never get back.
22) I’m fluent in English, Spanish, and French, but you’re only fluent in lies and excuses. Guess who has a better chance in life.
23) It’s not only you who left me, anxiety and stress did as well. So thanks for that!
24) You shattered my heart to pieces, but now I put them back together, and they finally fit perfectly.
25) You were a huge storm who thought it will disrupt my life. But in fact, you cleared my path.
26) Thank you for teaching me how to put myself first. With you, I found what self-care truly means.
27) Even though you broke my wings, I still managed to fly. You didn’t expect that, did you?
28) Now I know that your purpose in my life was to hurt me. It helped me become a better, stronger, and more confident woman.
29) You broke my heart, but I’m thankful you fixed my vision.
30) When you left, I finally got my crown back. And I’ll never let anyone take it off again.
31) My mom didn’t like you, that should’ve been the first sign!
32) I guess you weren’t strong enough to walk beside a woman like me. It’s okay, though. Don’t worry. One day, you’ll find someone average like you.
33) Were you too scared of my success? It’s a shame, I always thought we’d make it together. But I see that you weren’t meant for big things.
34) And now you’ve turned the page, but I decided to burn the whole book.
35) I’m sad, hurt, angry, and broken. But wanna hear something new? I’ll get back on my feet and I’ll move on. It will hurt, but I’ll survive and you’ll get to watch me be happier than ever.
36) You made me realize that it’s not the years that count, it’s the life we had during them. And I don’t like the way I lived with you.
37) Don’t you dare ask me why I changed. Ask yourself what you did to me, and you’ll find all the answers.
38) I spent some time thinking about the best revenge I could get. Then I figured it out. I’ll just smile and move on.
39) Maybe you’re right; I’m not the smartest, prettiest, funniest girl in the world. But I’m pretty damn close and I never pretend to be someone else. Now tell me, who did you choose to be today?
40) You were just another bad investment in my life. But I learn from my mistakes.
I hope these short paragraphs helped you express yourself. Go ahead and use them to send them to the person who hurt you, or you can also use them as an inspiration to write something even more personal.
It’s important to never be afraid to speak your mind. It can be very difficult to talk honestly about a situation that broke you, but trust me, you are strong enough to get through it!