When you’re thinking about romantic questions to ask your girlfriend, it may seem daunting, because what question could you ask for it to seem romantic?
Even if it’s just a girl you have been hanging out with for a longer period of time and you want to get to know her better, figuring out the right questions to ask can be bothersome.
You, my friend, have come to the right place.
It’s frustrating when the silence is awkward and you don’t know what to ask.
You want to get to know her better. You want to let her know that you’re really interested in her.
So why is it so hard to come up with a proper question to ask?
If you know the right romantic questions to ask your girlfriend, you will fall into a long conversation, because it won’t stop on that one question.
You will talk for hours about the most beautiful topics – but just to get the conversation started!
Girls love men who know how to start a conversation and keep it going.
And when it seems like you’re going to fall into silence, you can always come up with a question.
It’s sometimes hard, especially if she makes you feel extremely nervous. That anxiety can shut down your brain completely.
Fortunately, there’s a very easy way to her heart. You just have to know the right questions to find it.
Romantic questions to ask your girlfriend to get to know her better
With all the nerves and all the thoughts running through your head, finding the right questions can seem like a huge problem.
Especially since you don’t want to make her uncomfortable yet you still want to get to know her.
This article will be split into sections that can easily guide you through any conversation.
That way, you’ll always have a question ready to start a deeper conversation.
1.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What is your favorite color? Why?
3. Do you like the mountains more or the sea?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. Is there a quote that you live by?
6. What is your favorite genre of music?
7. Do you have a favorite music artist?
8. What’s your favorite song and why?
9. When you’re looking for a job, do you care more about the money you make or how happy you’ll be?
10. If you could change one thing about yourself (physically), what would it be and why?
11. Are you more introverted or extroverted?
12. What do you think is your biggest weakness?
13. What was your best phase in life?
14. Do you believe in the “friend-zone”?
15. What do you think of the saying “nice guys finish last”?
16. What is the philosophy of your life?
17. Would you consider yourself religious? What is your perception of God?
18. What’s your favorite movie and why?
19. Do you have a favorite movie genre?
20. Which movie can you quote the most lines from?
21. Who’s your favorite actor/actress and why?
22. What do you like to eat for breakfast?
24. If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
25. When you’re mad, do you want someone to be there for you and cheer you up or to leave you alone?
26. Is there something you did that you’re really ashamed of?
27. If you could have lived in any time period, which one would you choose and why?
28. What are some of your hobbies?
29. When do you feel most like yourself?
30. Are you close to your family?
31. Are you superstitious?
32. What’s one thing that happened in your life that you cringe at when looking back on it?
33. What do you think is something that helped your character development?
34. If you could choose to have one superpower, what would it be and why?
35. If someone told you that you had one week to live, what would you do?
36. Would you rather be rich or famous?
37. Do you like to read?
38. What’s your favorite book?
39. What’s your favorite trope in fiction?
40. What book had the biggest impact on you?
41. Who’s your favorite superhero?
42. Do you like going to big parties and clubs?
43. If you could be incredibly skilled in one thing, what would it be and why?
44. Would you rather pursue love or a career?
45. What advice would you give your teenage self?
46. What would you say is the worst thing that ever happened to you?
47. When was the last time you cried and why?
48. What is your favorite childhood memory?
49. Who is your biggest role model in life and why?
50. What’s your biggest goal in life?
51. Do you have a bucket list?
52. Have you ever watched a loved one die?
53. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever gotten?
54. What do you love the most about yourself?
55. What is the last thing that made you laugh really hard?
56. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
57. Who’s your celebrity role model? Why?
58. If you could be famous, what would it be for?
59. What is the background on your phone?
60. Do you believe that people can change?
61. Do you play video games?
62. What is your favorite video game?
63. If you could be part of a video game, which one would it be and why?
64. If you were to fight in a battle, what would be your weapon of choice?
65. Which historical figure would you like to have dinner with?
66. If you could bring one person back to life, who would it be and why?
67. What is your favorite mythical creature?
68. What is your favorite myth?
69. Do you believe in the afterlife?
70. How do you handle failure?
71. Have you ever felt hatred for another human being?
72. What choice do you regret making in life?
73. Who is your favorite singer?
74. What’s your worst earworm?
75. Do you have a playlist for certain moods?
76. What’s your most-used emoji?
77. What is your least favorite song?
78. Do you have a least favorite person?
79. If you could be one animal, which one would you be?
80. Who’s your favorite movie villain?
81. Did you have pets when you were younger?
82. What is your favorite social media app to use?
83. What was your favorite subject in school?
84. What’s your biggest talent?
85. Which cocktail do you order the most at the bar?
86. Do you like wine or champagne better?
87. Which TV series could you watch over and over again?
88. What was your favorite cartoon of all time?
89. Who was your first fictional crush?
90. What are you most grateful for?
91. Do you believe in astrology?
92. What’s your zodiac sign?
93. What’s your favorite thing to order at a restaurant?
94. Do you like to cook in or eat out?
95. Describe your perfect day off.
96. Do you have a hobby your friends don’t know about?
97. Have you ever met a celebrity?
98. What’s your favorite board game?
99. If you were a man, what would you be like? What would your name be?
100. Did you ever play a sport?
101. If you could play any sport, which one would it be and why?
102. What’s your favorite season?
103. What is the most unusual job you’ve ever had?
104. Which holiday is your favorite?
105. Where would you like to retire to?
106. Would you date your best friend?
107. Do you have a random dream that you’ve never told anyone?
108. If you could only have three things in life, what would you choose?
109. Who’s the best celeb couple in your opinion?
110. What do you plan on doing after graduation?
111. Do you remember a time when the impossible became possible?
112. If I could grant you a wish, what would you wish for?
114. How do you describe freedom?
115. If someone could tell you the exact date and time you were going to die, would you want to know?
116. Is the reward worth the risk?
117. Is there ever a time when giving up makes sense?
118. What are three moral rules would you never break?
119. What are you looking forward to?
120. In your opinion, what are the ingredients of a happy life?
121. What do you owe yourself?
122. What is the meaning of peace to you?
123. What’s the greatest challenge you’ve had to face?
124. If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
125. What’s the next step you want to take in your life?
126. When do you feel most like yourself?
127. Who is the strongest person you know?
128. Are you scared of death?
129. Do you believe there is life after death?
130. Are you afraid to lose your loved ones?
131. Would you ever give up your life to save someone else?
132. What’s your guilty pleasure?
133. What gets you excited about life?
134. What helps you get out of bed in the morning?
135. In your opinion, what is a calculated risk?
136. What is an unpopular opinion you have?
137. When you’re 80, what will matter the most to you?
138. If you had to teach one subject at school, what would it be?
139. What activities make you lose track of time?
140. What do we as humans have in common?
141. Is stealing to feed a starving child wrong?
142. What are you looking forward to in life?
143. What good comes from suffering?
144. What’s your last major accomplishment?
145. What white lies do you often tell?
146. What idea will you never give up on?
147. What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?
148. When would you reveal a secret you promised you would keep?
149. What’s the best part of being you?
150. When was the last time you lost your temper?
151. Whose life have you had the greatest impact on?
152. Did you imagine what your husband would look like when you were younger?
Romantic questions to ask your girlfriend about relationships
When you first start seeing someone, you want to know everything there is to know about their past relationships.
Maybe not the gory details that could break your heart, but definitely details that will bring you two closer.
You want to know what she’s looking for in a guy and if there are any deal-breakers for her.
So here are some questions you can ask her to get to know her better on a relationship level.
1.Do you care more about the looks or the personality of someone?
3. Do you miss any of your exes?
4. Which past relationship do you regret the most?
5. Do you want to get married one day?
6. Do you want to have children? If yes, how many?
7. How do you know that you’re in love?
8. What is a relationship deal-breaker for you?
9. What is the worst thing an ex ever said to you?
10. Have you ever had a “friends with benefits” type of relationship?
11. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told one of your exes?
12. Do you think that anyone in your life has a perfect relationship?
13. Do you fear commitment?
14. What is your biggest fear when it comes to relationships?
15. Have you ever thought that you would marry one of your exes?
16. Have you ever been in a serious relationship?
17. What do you value the most in a partner?
18. Did you and your ex have a song that was considered “your song”?
19. What do you consider to be a key difference between romantic and platonic love?
20. Do you believe that you can stay friends with an ex?
21. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from past relationships?
22. What was the worst date you’ve ever been on?
23. What was the best date you’ve ever been on?
24. Have you ever told anyone that you love them even though you didn’t mean it?
25. Who was your first crush?
26. What was your first kiss like?
27. Are you still friends with any of your exes?
28. How old were you when you had your first boyfriend?
29. Have you ever celebrated Valentine’s Day?
30. What do you define as cheating?
31. Have you ever been cheated on?
32. Did you ever cheat on someone?
34. Have you ever gotten back with an ex?
35. Do you believe in love at first sight?
36. Have you found closure from your last relationship?
37. What’s your favorite thing about me?
38. What do you imagine to be the perfect first date?
39. What are your favorite pet names to use with your partner?
40. If you could date a celebrity, who would it be and why?
41. Which celebrity would you leave your boyfriend for?
42. How would someone get your attention?
43. How do you know when the right moment is to break up with someone?
44. When do you know you have officially moved on from a relationship?
45. How have you changed from your past relationships?
46. What mistake do you consider unforgivable?
47. In your opinion, what makes a relationship a happy one?
48. What does it mean to allow another person to love you fully?
49. What is the best gift you have ever received from an ex?
50. When is love a weakness?
51. Would you ever give up something that is important to you because of your partner?
52. Do you consider yourself to be jealous?
53. How can someone make you jealous?
54. Do you tolerate jealousy in a relationship?
56. Do you consider yourself to be needy?
57. What do you think of when you think of love?
58. Do you think that crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
59. What is manipulation even if it doesn’t seem like it?
60. In your opinion, can you be toxic for your partner and still love them deeply?
61. Do you think couples therapy works?
62. What are some values you want to teach our children?
63. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
64. Would you ever forgive a cheating partner?
65. Do you believe that a person can love two people romantically at the same time?
66. When was the first time you got your heart broken?
67. What was the best gift you have ever given your partner?
68. How do you deal with issues in relationships?
69. Do you yell at your partner when you’re mad or do you walk away from the situation long enough to regain your cool?
70. Would you be with someone a little less intelligent simply because they are attractive?
71. What is the most important trait you’re looking for in a partner?
72. Is it OK for you if your partner is friends with his ex?
73. Have you ever gone back to a previous partner?
Funny and romantic questions to ask your girlfriend
Sometimes you can be funny and make her laugh, while at the same time being romantic.
She has to know that you can bring a smile to her face and that you two can chat lightheartedly.
Funny questions are there to help you get out of a boring routine. They help you have fun together while at the same time improving your connection.
1.If you could change bodies with someone, who would it be and why?
2. Do you believe in aliens? What do you think they would look like?
3. What is the worst pickup line someone has used on you?
4. How fast would you die in a zombie apocalypse?
5. What’s the weirdest thing that has ever made you laugh?
6. Who’s the most relatable cartoon character in your opinion?
7. Would you rather consider yourself to be like Tom or Jerry?
8. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
9. Have you had any supernatural experiences?
10. Do you believe in ghosts? If yes, do you have any ghost stories?
11. What’s your favorite meme that describes you the best?
12. What’s the weirdest nickname someone has ever given you?
13. Who’s your favorite comedian?
14. What’s your favorite joke?
15. Have you ever sent an embarrassing text to the wrong person?
16. What is the weirdest food combination you enjoy?
17. On a scale from 1 to Harry Styles, how attractive do you think I am?
18. If you could have anything in this world, why would you choose me specifically?
19. If you were a vegetable, which one would you be?
20. What’s the strangest gift you’ve ever received?
21. What would you wear if there was no gravity?
22. What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen on social media?
23. Would you still like me if I was a foot shorter than you?
24. What ice cream flavor describes your life the best?
25. What alcoholic beverage best describes your personality and why?
26. Do you talk to animals?
28. What was the best conversation you’ve had with yourself?
29. If you could bring any fictional character to life, which one would it be and why?
30. If your life was a movie, what would it be called?
31. What is something unusual you’re addicted to?
32. What’s the craziest thing you’d do for $10?
33. When was the last time you tried something new and regretted it?
34. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?
35. Did you ever have a run-in with the law?
36. What’s the funniest story you love to share with others?
What to ask your girlfriend when you don’t have a conversation starter
Conversation starters are extremely important. They can set the mood.
You can start a conversation with a funny question, a nosy question, a romantic question.
It depends on how you feel right at that moment.
That’s why we have compiled a quick go-to list of conversation starters that can help you get out of that uncomfortable silence and start a meaningful conversation.
Trust me, your girlfriend (or the girl that you hope to soon call your girlfriend) will be extremely thankful to you.
1.How did you pick your outfit today?
2.Did you sleep well last night? Would it have been better if I was there with you?
3. How do you usually spend the weekends?
4. How do you prefer your tea/coffee?
5. What’s your favorite dessert?
6. What’s your favorite flower and why?
7. Do you like to compare people to flowers?
8. What have you been up to this week?
10. What are you studying in college and why?
11. How would you define success?
12. How would you describe yourself in one sentence?
13. What are you grateful for?