Now, there’s something about the power of positive thinking that makes you wonder. Whether you’re attempting to reach a specific milestone, encourage motivation, or eliminate negative self-talk, affirmations for self-love can make a world of difference. What’s the catch?
Repeating positive affirmations whenever you’re struggling to keep afloat sounds simple enough. “I am worthy of love,” can make you feel like you’re giving yourself a verbal hug whenever you’re down. “I am capable of achieving anything,” can get you back on track.
Finding the right words to build yourself up rather than knock yourself down can be a tough task, though. Standing in front of a mirror and telling yourself “I am the most beautiful girl in the world,” can make you feel like you’re lying to yourself.
Positive affirmations can change the way you perceive the world around you, but you need to figure out which words sound genuine and encouraging enough to repeat them on the regular. Positive affirmations can change the trajectory of your life.
With the right affirmations for self-love, you can sow the seeds for serious growth. Worry not, whether you’re on the hunt for an everyday mantra for when the going gets tough or an upbeat phrase to kick off the day, we’ve got you covered. More on that down below!
Why affirmations for self-love?
With the array of affirmations you’re bombarded with every moment of the waking hour, you might wonder, “Why affirmations for self-love?” We’d argue that everything starts and ends with the affection and appreciation you have for yourself.
Whether you’re hard on yourself when you make a mistake or you resort to negative self-talk when you’re forced to reflect on your actions, we’d suggest you switch the narrative and see what happens.
When you make an effort to change the way you speak to people around you, you notice a difference right away. Why wouldn’t the same thing happen when you change the way you speak to yourself?
Affirmations work because of your brain’s ability to change and adapt to different circumstances. When you create a mental image of yourself achieving something or working on something, your brain starts to accept that as something that actually happened.
Regular repetition of positive affirmations can encourage your brain to view them as a fact, as something that’s actually true.
“I am terrible at interviews” versus “I am capable” or “I am the perfect candidate for the position” can change the outcome of the interview because it can make you feel more anxious or more relaxed – depending on the approach you decide to go with.
With the expert-recommended affirmations we prepared for you, you can count on a healthy amount of self-love guaranteed to make you feel better about yourself.
What are the most powerful, potent affirmations for self-love?
Start your mornings on a positive note with these affirmations
When you wake up in the morning, make an effort to start the day right. Make sure to do something that makes you happy – make a cup of coffee, dance around the apartment to a Taylor Swift song, or look in the mirror and list five things you love about your body.
With these affirmations for self-love, you’re guaranteed to have a great day.
1. I love myself.
2. I love my body.
3. I love my mind.
4. I love everything about myself.
5. I am confident.
6. I am creative.
7. I am courageous.
8. I am generous.
9. I am beautiful, inside and out.
10. I am enough.
11. I am worthy of love.
12. I am a work in progress.
13. I am imperfect, and I am okay with that.
14. I am committed to personal growth.
15. I am open to opportunities today brings.
16. I am ready for whatever today throws at me.
17. I am capable.
18. I am strong.
19. I am an asset to my company.
20. I am a great worker.
21. I am stepping into boundless possibilities.
22. I am growing.
23. I am becoming better and better.
24. I am progressing.
25. I am better today than I was yesterday.
26. I am worthy of success.
27. I feel good about who I am.
28. I am pursuing my goals.
29. I am working on my future.
30. I am optimistic.
31. I can achieve anything I want today.
32. I believe in my goodness.
33. I believe in my ability.
35. I am who I always wanted to be.
36. I belong here.
37. I am where I need to be.
38. I am welcoming of love.
Boost confidence with these affirmations
Everyone gets down in the dumps some days. Even though you’d rather spend your day moping on the bed, you’re better off getting up, dusting off, and getting ready to take on whatever today throws at you.
With these positive affirmations, you can remind yourself you don’t need to stay down.
39. I deserve to be happy and healthy.
40. I deserve abundance.
41. I deserve to have the life I want to have.
42. I work hard.
43. I work on my goals.
44. I work on myself.
45. I’m a fighter.
46. I belong here.
47. I feel good about who I am.
48. I feel good about how I choose to present myself to the world.
49. I feel good about how I treat people.
50. I feel good about myself.
51. I get to decide how I treat myself today, tomorrow, and always.
52. I get to decide how I talk to myself.
53. I get to decide how I talk to my friends and family members.
54. I get to decide how I treat my coworkers.
55. I choose to be happy.
56. I choose to be grateful.
57. I choose to be mindful of my thoughts.
58. I control my thoughts.
59. I control my responses.
60. I control what makes me happy, sad, or angry.
61. I accept that I need to work on myself.
62. I accept that I can grow bigger and stronger.
63. I accept that I can do better.
64. I can get out of my comfort zone.
65. I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
66. I can do whatever I want to do.
67. I appreciate everything that makes me – me.
68. I celebrate my strengths.
Build yourself up with these affirmations
When you start to doubt everything you do, remind yourself that you’re smarter, stronger, and better than you give yourself credit for. More often than not, your mind’s playing tricks on you and you’re letting it win.
With these affirmations for self-love, you can talk yourself up and light up the room.
69. I accept my weaknesses.
70. I know who I am and who I want to be.
71. I am capable of doing hard things.
72. I am free to make mistakes.
73. I am free to make up my mind.
74. I am free to make my own choices.
75. I am full of potential.
76. I am strong enough to handle whatever life throws at me.
77. I am capable enough to achieve whatever dreams I am dreaming of right now.
78. I am smart enough to tackle whatever problem life throws at me.
79. I have a lot to offer to the world.
80. I have what I need to succeed.
81. I work hard.
82. I have what it takes.
83. I have the support I need.
84. I have the qualifications I need.
85. I am determined.
86. I celebrate my wins, no matter how big or small.
87. I trust the process.
88. I trust my judgment.
89. I trust myself.
90. I focus on what I can control and I let go of what I can’t.
91. I focus on what matters.
92. I focus on working hard.
93. I focus on earning respect.
94. I am ready for the next step in my career.
95. I am ready to prove my worth.
96. I am ready to exceed my expectations.
97. I earn money doing what I love.
98. I appreciate the knowledge I possess.
Become the best version of yourself with these affirmations
Needless to say, you can’t always steer clear of life’s challenges. When you work on becoming the best version of yourself, though, you’re going to have the luxury of knowing you have what it takes to get through them. With these positive affirmations, you can motivate yourself to work smarter, not harder.
99. I acknowledge my strengths.
100. I am a magnet for success.
101. I am prepared for whatever life throws at me.
102. I am confident and competent.
103. I am courageous enough to try new things.
104. I am capable enough to overcome career challenges.
105. I am mindful enough to know when I need a break.
106. I love myself enough to take a break when I am tired.
107. I have a voice.
108. I have everything I need to let my light shine from within.
109. I am getting outside my comfort zone.
110. I am trying new things.
111. I am working on my weaknesses.
112. I am challenging myself.
113. I am challenging others around me.
114. I never give up.
115. I push myself.
116. I believe in myself.
117. I am doing the best I can with what I have at the moment.
118. I am going through a tough time, but I know I am going to come out the other end stronger and better.
119. I am relying on my strengths to get me through.
121. I believe in my potential.
122. I believe in my commitment to my goals.
123. I believe in my abilities.
124. I am motivated by my mistakes.
125. I am made stronger by my failures.
126. I am not my mistakes.
127. I am better than I think I am.
128. I am human.
Encourage motivation with these affirmations
Give yourself a pep talk, an extra push to meet that deadline, or a word of encouragement to do the hard work you committed to. Go hard on yourself because you know you can take it. Go above and beyond to achieve your goals. With these affirmations, who’s to say you can’t?
129. I am focused and alert.
130. I am ready.
131. I am stronger than I think.
132. I am happy to do the hard work I need to do.
133. I am fortunate to have the opportunities I have.
134. I am happy to fulfill my destiny.
135. I am happy to work on myself.
136. I deserve to focus on myself.
137. I am worthy of my own attention and affection.
138. I progress.
139. I prosper.
140. I succeed.
141. I am aiming for good enough, not perfection.
142. I am striving for good, not great.
143. I am enough, no matter how many mistakes I make.
144. I am worthy of love, no matter how many times I fail.
145. I can do hard things because I have done hard things before – and I succeeded.
146. I know I can and I will.
147. I radiate confidence.
148. I attract success.
149. I am calm.
150. I am collected.
151. I am resilient.
152. I am ever-evolving.
153. I am reclaiming my power.
154. I am letting my success speak for itself.
155. I am letting my strength lead the way.
156. I prioritize myself.
157. I listen to my intuition.
158. I am in tune with my higher purpose.
159. I am always available for myself.
160. I am standing up for myself.
161. I take healthy risks.
162. I take constructive criticism.
Eliminate negative self-talk with these affirmations
When your inner critic tries to tell you that you shouldn’t eat something because you’re going to get a tummy ache or that you shouldn’t do something because you’re going to regret it, that might be a good thing.
When that inner voice prevents you from doing the things you want to do, creates significant stress, and makes you feel bad about yourself, you might want to experiment with positive affirmations. With these affirmations for self-love, you can eliminate negative self-talk and change the inner dialogue.
163. I am allowed to ask for help.
164. I alone hold the truth of who I am.
165. I am more than I allow people to see.
166. I am allowed to change my mind.
167. I am allowed to say “No!”
168. I can speak up when I am uncomfortable.
169. I can cause a scene when I am uncomfortable.
170. I can take up space.
171. I can be loud.
172. I am complete as I am.
173. I can encourage myself.
174. I can speak highly of myself.
175. I can accept a compliment.
176. I am allowed to feel good about myself.
177. I am allowed to accept myself the way I am.
178. I am growing and I am going at my own pace.
179. I am loved.
180. I am appreciated.
181. I am supported.
182. I am in charge of how I feel.
183. I am in charge of how I respond.
184. I am in charge of how I react.
185. I am open to healing.
186. I am open to messages from the Universe.
187. I am open to the guidance of my guardian angels.
188. I am whole.
189. I am valued.
190. I am helpful.
Envision greater possibilities for yourself with these affirmations
When you’re grounded or downright mean to yourself, you might need to remind yourself that you’re not making a realistic appraisal of the situation – you’re selling yourself short. With these positive affirmations, you can envision greater possibilities for yourself.
191. I am proof enough of what I deserve.
192. I am safe and secure.
193. I am responsible.
194. I am valued as a person, a friend, and a coworker.
195. I am understood.
196. I belong here.
197. I deserve to be here.
198. I deserve to be welcomed here.
199. I am free of pain.
200. I am free of pressure.
201. I am free of anxiety.
202. I breathe in trust, I exhale doubt.
203. I breathe in healing, and I exhale the things that burden my heart.
204. I can be both soft and firm in my convictions.
205. I can be both strong and weak in my battles.
206. I can feel two feelings at the same time.
207. I am allowed to be lost.
208. I am allowed to be confused.
209. I am allowed to overthink and overanalyze.
210. I am doing the best that I can and I am OK with that.
211. I embrace the change.
212. I look forward to the opportunity.
213. I have everything I need to succeed.
214. I embrace the questions I have.
215. I welcome the answers I need.
216. I grow towards my goals.
217. I am wise.
218. I am knowledgeable.
219. I nourish my soul with words.
220. I nourish my body with healthy foods.
221. I practice gratitude for everything I have.
222. I welcome bigger and better things with open arms.
223. I seek out challenges.
224. I focus on the positive rather than the negative.
225. I am optimistic.
End your days right with these affirmations
When you crave that sense of reassuring calm before going to bed, turn to these affirmations of self-love to ensure both your body and your mind are taken care of. We urge you to take a moment for yourself and reflect on everything you’ve achieved that day.
226. I am done for the day.
227. I am ready to rest.
228. I am feeling relaxed.
229. I am grateful for everything I have learned today.
230. I am mindful of everything I struggled with today.
231. I am comforted.
232. I am taken care of.
233. I am safe where I am right now.
234. I am excited about what tomorrow brings.
235. I am embracing the silence and the stillness.
236. I am letting go of everything negative.
237. I am embracing everything positive.
238. I am focusing on the victories of today rather than the losses.
239. I am blessed.
240. I accept everything the Universe has in store for me.
241. I trust the Universe.
242. I open myself up to tomorrow’s battles.
243. I open myself up to rest.
244. I am thankful for everything I have.
245. I am looking forward to my dreams.
246. I am looking forward to tomorrow’s challenges.
247. I release the day.
248. I am thankful for the chance to close my eyes.
249. I deserve to rest.
250. I deserve to take a break.
251. I am letting go of fear.
252. I am letting go of anxiety.
253. I am calm and centered.
254. I am ready to sleep.
How can you approach affirmations for self-love properly?
Now that you’re equipped with the most powerful, potent affirmations for self-love, you might be struggling with blurring the line between inspiring and believable.
We suggest experimenting with different affirmations to ensure you don’t need to tweak them to make them work. We’re pretty sure that there isn’t one perfect affirmation that works for everyone and everything.
When you figure out the affirmations that work for you, ease your anxiety, and make you feel like you’re doing something for yourself, stick with them.
Write them down, believe them, reinforce them through action, and incorporate them into your day, and you’re guaranteed to notice a difference.
We do need to mention that affirmations can’t be a cure for everything you’re going through, but they’re a powerful tool you can use when you’re struggling to keep afloat. Wherever you are, whatever you do, remember to love yourself first.