It doesn’t matter if you’re over the moon because you got the promotion you’ve been working hard for or down in the dumps because you fumbled the bag on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. The way you speak to and about yourself matters. We’ve got your back with self-concept affirmations you can use on the regular.
We’re aware that the thought of repeating a couple of carefully selected sentences to change your life sounds a little far-fetched. But, but, but – affirmations are actually backed by science. Neuroplasticity, or your brain’s ability to change and adapt to different circumstances, expounds on how affirmations work.
What’s the tea? Turns out that there are times when you can outmaneuver your brain to overlook what’s real and what’s not. When you repeat affirmations, your brain creates mental images of you doing the things you’re talking about in your affirmations. With repetition, your brain takes these things as facts.
When you truly believe you can do something, your actions will follow. With that out of the way, what do we mean by self-concept affirmations? What do self-concept affirmations have to do with anything we’ve been talking about? You’d be surprised! Read more down below!
What do we mean by self-concept?
Before we present you with the most commanding, controlling self-concept affirmations, we do want to address the self-concept theory – for those of you who aren’t aware of the power of self-concept. Now, self-concept pretty much refers to your perception of your own self.
What do we mean by that? When someone asks you to describe your personality, characteristics that determine who you are as a person or even your purpose – chances are you’re going to need a moment to figure out what to say.
Whatever your answer might be, your self-perception or your self-concept is important because it affects your everyday life, motivation, attitude, and behavior. When you have a negative view of your life, your appearance, or your personality, chances are you’re going to struggle trying to unlock your potential.
What can you do to change that? According to a psychologist by the name of Carl Rogers, self-concept can be made up of three different parts: ideal self, self-image, and self-esteem. With self-concept affirmations, you can change the way you view yourself and achieve greatness.
We’re bringing you a few of our favorites to get you started, but you can tweak them to make them more appropriate for whatever you’re going through right now. Remember, the way you speak to and about yourself matters and that’s why you need to make an effort to change your self-concept.
What are the most commanding, controlling self-concept affirmations?
Start the day right with these affirmations
1. I am worthy of my own love.
2. I am whole.
3. I am complete.
4. I am a work of art.
5. I am enough.
6. I am worthy of whatever life throws at me.
7. I love who I am.
8. I love the way I talk.
9. I love the way I treat my friends and family.
10. I love the way I approach life.
11. I am strong.
12. I am smart.
13. I am powerful.
14. I am more than people think I am.
15. I am more than my mistakes.
16. I am whoever I want to be.
17. I love the way I look.
18. I love every crevice of my body.
19. I love every stretch mark, cellulite dimple, and “imperfection” of my body.
20. I am valued.
21. I am appreciated.
22. I am adored.
23. I deserve the love I get from people that know me.
24. I deserve respect.
25. I deserve everything positive that comes my way.
26. I change for myself, not for others.
27. I work on myself, for myself.
28. I am a work in progress.
29. I lack nothing.
30. I deserve all that is good.
Fight negative self-talk with these affirmations
31. I have a purpose.
32. I am needed.
33. I am appreciated.
34. I am whatever I need myself to be today.
35. I can be strong and still be soft.
36. I can be independent and still need support.
37. I can be reliable and still rely on others.
38. I can be a listener and still have a voice.
39. I am allowed to change.
40. I am allowed to progress.
41. I am allowed to prosper.
42. I am loud.
43. I take up space.
44. I deserve to be here.
45. I have the power to change myself.
46. I have the power to change my life.
47. I am the writer of my own story.
48. I am full of light.
49. I am full of energy.
50. I am happy.
51. I am healthy.
52. I am in love with who I am right now.
53. I am in love with myself.
54. I am safe.
55. I am secure.
56. I am abundant.
57. I am a money magnet.
58. I am bold and beautiful.
59. I am in vibration with the frequency of prosperity.
60. I am a best friend to myself.
61. I am letting go of negative self-talk.
62. I letting go of my negative self-image.
Fix your self-image with these affirmations
63. I have a great relationship with my body.
64. I have a great relationship with my mind.
65. I respect my body for everything my body’s doing for me.
66. I love my thighs.
67. I love my tummy.
68. I embrace every bit of my body.
69. I love myself unconditionally.
70. I treat my body with respect.
71. I am gentle with my body.
72. I am responsible.
73. I treat my body with kindness.
74. I treat myself with kindness.
75. I choose to have positive thoughts about my body.
76. I choose to be happy with myself.
77. I choose to be grateful for everything my body’s given me.
78. I inspire myself.
79. I motivate myself.
80. I accept all of me.
81. I am unique.
82. I am one in a million.
83. I welcome good thoughts and say goodbye to bad thoughts.
84. I welcome good energy and release myself from bad energy.
85. I rest when my body and mind tell me to.
86. I take care of myself.
87. I listen to myself.
88. I respect myself.
89. I am aware of my needs.
90. I am worthy of the compliments I receive.
Work on your self-esteem with these affirmations
91. I respect my limitations.
92. I am grateful for the capabilities I have.
93. I am capable.
94. I am competent.
95. I am courageous.
96. I am who I want to be.
97. I am at peace with myself.
98. I release myself from feelings of guilt and negativity.
99. I release myself from feelings of inadequacy.
100. I release myself from the imposter syndrome.
101. I am exactly where I need to be.
102. I am worthy the way I am.
103. I speak of myself highly.
104. I speak of myself kindly.
105. I deserve to wake up feeling happy.
106. I deserve to be deeply satisfied with my body and my mind.
107. I am more and more aware of my beauty, creativity, and abundance.
108. I am more and more aware of my purpose.
109. I look exactly the way I am supposed to look.
110. I radiate confidence.
111. I radiate positive energy.
112. I attract attention wherever I go.
113. I demand respect.
114. I deserve to be treated with respect.
115. I am in charge of my life.
Encourage self-acceptance with these affirmations
116. I know myself.
117. I know my boundaries.
118. I respect my boundaries.
119. I am true to myself.
120. I am true to my roots.
121. I am proud of who I am – today, tomorrow, always.
122. I am important.
123. I am an asset.
124. I trust the Universe to know what I need.
125. I trust my guardian angels to know what’s best for me.
126. I accept what comes my way.
127. I am at peace with my body.
128. I am at peace with my mind.
129. I am worthy of abundance.
130. I am worthy of emotional stability.
131. I am worthy of financial stability.
132. I deserve to achieve my dreams.
133. I deserve to get everything I want.
134. I am worthy of my affirmations.
135. I surround myself with peace and pleasant emotions.
136. I focus on what makes me happy.
137. I focus on what matters.
138. I am reclaiming my power.
139. I am letting go of my worries.
140. I am a positive person.
141. I attract positive people.
142. I attract positive things.
143. I am equipped to handle every situation effectively.
144. I am equipped to handle my struggles.
145. I trust my intuition.
146. I trust my gut feeling.
147. I am comfortable in my body and mind.
148. I accept myself and everyone around me.
149. I become a better person every day.
150. I contribute wonderful things to this world.