When you finally find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with and then realize that they don’t feel the same way about you, it feels like it’s the end of the world. You spend your nights scrolling through the vast sea of “you don’t love me” quotes, trying to feel like someone understands your pain.
Unrequited love is like torture. It gives you hope and then breaks your heart into pieces, leaving you unable to breathe.
Why did this happen to you? You were supposed to get your happy ending. This person was supposed to be your home and not a cause of your ache.
Well, while we’re busy planning our lives, the Universe intertwines and changes our course. Instead of waking up next to the person you love, you end up crying yourself to sleep with no one to hold.
How do you express this pain that’s been making it hard to breathe? How do you deal with all these emotions that don’t allow you to move on?
Well, these quotes may help you comprehend that you’re not lonely in your sufferings. And sometimes, that allows us to deal with everything we’ve been through.
“You don’t love me” quotes to help you face your struggles
When you fall for someone, you expect them to feel the same way about you. However, sometimes things don’t go as planned.
What you’re left with is a broken heart that feels like it can’t be fixed ever again. As you face your struggles, you feel like one understands you. Completely alone, you wander through the world hoping you’ll be able to fix yourself up.
What you need to know right now is that you’re not the only person who’s experiencing these emotions. The world is filled with brokenhearted people and most of them feel like they’ll never heal from this pain.
So, these quotes are for those of you who are struggling and don’t know how to deal with all those sad thoughts. Hopefully, you’ll be able to understand that this aching sensation in your chest will pass and you will fall in love once again.
It will take some time for things to fall into their place but it will all be okay. You will be okay.
1. “I love you. I always have. No matter how much you wish I didn’t.” – Colleen Hoover
2. “I’d always secretly believed that a love as fierce and true as mine would be rewarded in the end, and now I was being forced to accept the bitter truth.” – Alma Katsu
3. “The biggest curse in life is not losing your love, but not being loved by someone you love.” – Kiran Joshi
4. “A person doesn’t know true hurt and suffering until they’ve felt the pain of falling in love with someone whose affections lie elsewhere.” – Rose Gordon
5. “I want you to be happy,” he says. Of all the things he’s ever said to me, this might be the worst. Because I know what would make me happy, and it’s not something he can give.” – Emma Lord
6. “I had someone once who made every day mean something. And now… I am lost… And nothing means anything anymore.” – Ranata Suzuki
7. “I get what it’s like to want something, but to try and force yourself to really believe that you don’t.”
– Cora Carmack
8. “Which is when I decided I would never love anyone again because you just felt like an idiot when you put love out there and it didn’t come back your way.” – Karen Tayleur
9. “It was hard to pour endless love into someone who wouldn’t love you back. No one could do it forever” – Zoje Stage
10. “Your love is an addiction. It is destroying my life, but I can’t live without it.” – Shon Mehta
11. “Never fall in love with someone that won’t fight for you because when the real battles begin they won’t pull your heart to safety, but they will their own.” – Shannon L. Alder
12. “Nothing grieves more deeply or pathetically than one half of a great love that isn’t meant to be.” – Gregory David Roberts
13. “The knowledge that she would never be loved in return acted upon her ideas as a tide acts upon cliffs.” – Thornton Wilder
14. “I love you more than my own skin and even though you don’t love me the same way, you love me anyways, don’t you? And if you don’t, I’ll always have the hope that you do, and I’m satisfied with that. Love me a little. I adore you.” – Frida Kahlo
15. “It scares me how much you can love someone and not be loved in return. It scares me to know that there are people that devote their entire lives to someone they love, and that there are people receiving this love, but not valuing it. That all we love, it might never be enough, and there is no way we can simply make someone stay.“ – Cassandrius
16. “Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?” – James Patterson
17. “She said she didn’t love him, and he said it didn’t matter, and the poverty of their words brought tears to their eyes.” – Françoise Sagan
18. “She loved him. But he didn’t know how to love. He could talk about love. He could see love and feel love. But he couldn’t give love.” – G.G. Renee Hill
19. “It’s okay that you can’t be mine, but I cannot be anyone’s but yours.” – Aisling Magie
20. “Maybe I was destined to forever fall in love with people I couldn’t have. Maybe there’s a whole assortment of impossible people waiting for me to find them. Waiting to make me feel the same impossibility over and over again.” – Carol Rifka Brunt
21. “I don’t know what’s more tragic; that I keep looking for you wherever I go; or that you’re never there.” – Unknown author
22. “He was both everything I could ever want… And nothing I could ever have…” – Ranata Suzuki
23. “And she knew, just as simply and just as surely that she loved him – had always loved him, with a love that lay at the very foundation of her being.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
24. “Winter is much like unrequited love; cold and merciless.” – Kellie Elmore
25. “I caught myself thinking about falling in love with someone who I hoped was out there right now thinking about the possibility of me, but I quickly banished the notion. It was that kind of thinking that landed me in this situation to begin with. Hope can ruin you.” – Perry Moore
26. “You have never loved me as I love you–never–never! Yours is not a passionate heart–your heart does not burn in a flame! You are, upon the whole, a sort of fay, or sprite– not a woman!” – Thomas Hardy
27. “Funny, how a choice I made out of a small infatuation led to a turn in my life’s trajectory. We were probably at that strange age when seemingly inconsequential decisions could have major consequences.”
– Snehil Niharika
28. “Falling in love is almost like being lost at sea; there’s no way out and you don’t know where you’re going, not to mention, you’re not there by choice” – Mr Luc Jorgart
29. “Let no one who loves be called altogether unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow.” – J.M. Barrie
30. “Sometimes no matter how many eyelashes or dandelion seeds you blow, no matter how much of your heart you tear out and slap on your sleeve, it just ain’t gonna happen.” – Melissa Jensen
31. “There is nothing so mortifying as to fall in love with someone who does not share one’s sentiments.”
– Georgette Heyer
32. “There was a man who loved the moon, but whenever he tried to embrace her, she broke into a thousand pieces and left him drenched, with empty arms.” – Laini Taylor
33. “…the sad part is, that I will probably end up loving you without you for much longer than I loved you when I knew you. Some people might find that strange. But the truth of it is that the amount of love you feel for someone and the impact they have on you as a person is in no way relative to the amount of time you have known them.” – Ranata Suzuki
34. “When the person you love can’t see your love for them beneath the painful things you say when they reject you, remember this: Love is blind.” – Shannon L. Alder
35. “I imagine there must be only a very, very few men in the world, that I should like to marry; and of those few, it is ten to one I may never be acquainted with one; or if I should, it is twenty to one he may not happen to be single, or to take a fancy to me.” – Anne Brontë
36. “It’s a devoting kind of emotion to pray for the person to whom you love in one way only.” – Sonal Takalkar
37. “You left me as quickly as you told me you loved me, all in one breath. When I told you I was hard to love, you asked me not to be scared; I believed you. Because even after you swore you weren’t like the others, I didn’t realize you meant you were worse.” – Insha Juneja