Let’s say you’ve mustered up the courage to smile at that incredibly beautiful, out-of your-league, one-in-a-million girl… And for some reason, she smiled right back at you! Argh, where are those smooth pick-up lines when you need them!?
Sure, you’re totally fine and not freaking out at all, but you have to admit that it doesn’t hurt to be prepared when it comes to approaching the girl of your dreams. One perfectly crafted pick-up line can set the tone of the entire conversation!
So, you want to showcase your witty humor and laugh your way into getting her number? Try something along the lines of “I hope you learned CPR because you just took my breath away.”
Or, you don’t want to beat around the bush and you want her to know what’s up from the get-go? Try something a bit more flirty like “Are you an artist? Because you certainly drew me in.”
There’s a thin line between being flirty and being creepy, so remember to weigh your words before you say them. Trust me, you don’t want to be that guy.
Either way, today must be your lucky day because you’ve arrived at the right place. Here are some crème de la crème smooth pick-up lines guaranteed to hit a home run. All you need to do is pick your favorite and go for it.
Smooth pick-up lines to spark a conversation
It goes without saying that choosing the right pick-up line can be quite a herculean task. You have to make sure to, in a matter of seconds, think of something clever, witty, and charming to say without coming off as creepy.
Trust me, she doesn’t need yet another Howard from the marketing department making her question her decision not to use a pepper spray the first time he said “If only I wasn’t married…” Yikes!
While that does sound like the worst thing you could say, you have nothing to worry about. Here are a couple of smooth pick-up lines you can use to strike up a conversation without sounding like a complete weirdo.
1. Did your license happen to get suspended recently? Because you’re driving every single guy in this bar crazy… including me.
2. Did you feel the earthquake? You didn’t? Never mind, it must’ve just been the fact that you rocked my world.
3. You know, everybody always talks about how girls can either be cute, pretty, or hot. How do you manage to be all three of those things at the same time?
4. Can’t tell what’s more beautiful, the view or your face…
5. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk past you one more time?
6. I didn’t believe in love at first sight until I saw you standing there. Can I offer you a drink?
7. Do you have a map? Because I just got lost in your eyes.
8. Do you work at NASA? Because you’re out of this world.
9. I’m sorry, were you talking to me? You weren’t? Well, you might as well start now.
10. Can I have your Instagram? Everyone always told me to follow my dreams.
We’re only getting started!
11. I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name. Can I just call you mine?
12. Is your name Annie Lenox? Because you put a spell on me.
13. I would love to take you to the movies, but… They don’t let you bring your own snacks inside.
14. I think I just lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
15. Have we met before? No? You sure? I could’ve sworn we had chemistry together…
16. I’m sorry, I’m going to need your information for insurance purposes. My heart skipped a beat the moment I saw you standing there.
17. I’m going to have to ask you to leave. You’re making all the other women feel bad about themselves.
18. What do you do for work? Oh, I was sure you’d be a magician because when I look at you everyone else disappears.
19. You’re everything I’ve been looking for and trust me, I’ve been looking for a really long time.
20. Hey, I had to come over to say thank you. I’ve been wearing this smile ever since I saw you standing there.
21. Hey, are you a… You’re so beautiful you made me forget my pick-up line.
22. Now that I’m here, can you tell me what your other two wishes were?
23. Can we take a picture together? I want to show my mom what my future girlfriend looks like.
24. Well, my name must be Ariel because I want to be a part of your world.
25. Wait, is your name Ariel? Because we mermaid for each other.
26. Are you a photographer? Because you should picture the two of us together.
27. Are you a piece of trash? Because I care deeply about the environment and I’m obligated to pick you up. Does eight work for you?
28. Do you have a boyfriend? You do? That’s okay, but if you need a husband you might want to save my number for later.
29. Did you… um… fall from heaven (sweats nervously)… or, umm… I mean, because (drops cards on the floor)… oh, no, God… because you’re just so pretty… I’m really bad at this, I’m sorry (doesn’t have a card for this situation).
30. I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but here goes nothing… On a scale from one to America, how free are you to have a drink with me on Saturday?
31. Are you a birthday cake? Because it’s my birthday and I think you look delicious.
32. I’m a doctor, you were looking a little pale from across the room. I think you’re suffering from a lack of Vitamin ME.
33. Hey, you’re pretty and I’m cute. You can’t say we wouldn’t be pretty cute together.
34. Did you just sneeze? I came over to say God bless you but looks like He already did.
35. I didn’t realize we were in a museum, but you sure are a work of art. I can’t believe I just said that, you have to give me a chance because I just made a fool out of myself.
36. Aside from running through my mind 24/7, what else do you do in your free time? We can run together, I don’t mind.
37. My pick-up lines might not be smooth, but those legs sure are. I’m sorry, I’ll see myself out.
38. My dog seems to have fallen for yours. We can’t let them hang out alone, can we?
Smooth pick-up lines to make her laugh
What better way to win a girl’s heart than to make her laugh so much she forgets about every creepy guy that’s ever approached her when she wasn’t looking to be approached? You might think smooth pick-up lines aren’t the way to go, but…
You shouldn’t underestimate the power of a perfectly crafted, meant-to-be-cheesy pick-up line. Trust me, use any of these and you will break down her walls, make her laugh, and earn just enough time to give yourself a fighting chance.
39. If I had a penny for every time I’ve seen someone as beautiful as you, I’d have one penny.
40. I’m warning you, I’m about to hit you with the cheesiest, smoothest pick-up line you’ve ever heard in your life. Do with it what you will.
41. Knock-knock. (Who’s there?) When where? (When where who?) Friday afternoon, Cheesecake factory, me and you.
42. Are you a Star Wars fan? You are? I knew Yoda only one for me.
43. Are you McDonald’s? Because you are McGorgeous.
44. Are you a keyboard? Because I swear you’re just my type.
45. I’m so sorry, I had to remove my space bar just so that I could get closer to U.
46. Girl, I might have to call CDC on you because that smile of yours is contagious.
47. Girl, you must be the vinegar to my soda. You make me all bubbly when I’m around you!
48. Girl, did you steal my beer? Yours looks a lot like mine, and I couldn’t just let you walk around with a stolen beer.
49. You’re so beautiful on the outside, I can’t wait to see how you are on the inside. Wait, that sounded creepy… Can you give me another chance, please?
A couple more…
50. Do we know each other? Because you look a lot like my next girlfriend.
51. Are you interested in history? Because I would like to ask you on a really important date.
52. Excuse me, do you mind checking your pockets? Because I just lost my heart and I’m pretty sure you have it.
53. Excuse me, you owe me a drink because the moment we looked at each other I dropped mine.
54. What do you mean we haven’t met before!? Oh yeah, I’m sorry, I forgot that only happened in my dreams.
55. Can you help me with my phone? I don’t seem to have your number in it…
56. Did you just come out of the oven? Because you’re really hot… I can’t believe I just said that.
57. Are you a fruit? Because honeydew you know how incredibly beautiful you look right now?
58. This might not be the best pick-up line, but here goes nothing… Are you religious? Because you’re the answer to all my prayers.
59. It’s all about the person you want to own a dog with. So, would you like to go get puppies with me?
60. I’m a math teacher, I love playing with numbers. Give me yours and I’ll prove it to you…
61. Are you an A+? Because I want to take you home and show you to my mother.
62. Girl, I really wouldn’t want to play hide and seek with you… Someone like you would be impossible to find!
63. Hey, I just had to come over to ask you something really important. Are you French? Because Effiel for you.
64. Do you like baking? Because you’re such a cutie pie.
65. Girl, are you WiFi? Because I certainly feel the connection!
66. Kiss me if I’m wrong, but… (insert something that’s definitely wrong)
67. Oh my god, you have the most beautiful curves I’ve ever seen! But your smile is the one that made me walk over to your table.
68. Wow, when God was creating you he was thinking about me…We have to fulfill our destiny now, don’t we?
69. Wow, I had a smooth pick-up line ready to go. I guess I’m on my own now because I forgot what it was as soon as you gave me that look.
70. If I want to send you a good-night message later on, which number do I send it to?
71. Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I’ll give it back.
72. Are you a beaver? Because dam!
73. Are you a broom? Because you swept me off my feet!
74. Are you a charger? Because I’m dying without you. Okay, I’ll stop.
75. Are you going to give me your number or am I going to have to lie to all my friends? Please, don’t embarrass me.
76. My friends dared me to come and talk to you because they think you’re out of my league. Give me your number so we can prove them wrong?
77. My friends are over there laughing at me because I just told them I can’t stop imagining the two of us together. Will you give me your number?
78. Hey, you look familiar. Were you on the latest cover of Vogue?
79. Do you like flowers? Because my cheeks would get rosy if you agreed to go out with me next Friday.
80. My name is *insert your name.* Oh, you think that’s great? You should hear my phone number.
Smooth pick-up lines to make her fall for you
Trust me, there are times when a smooth pick-up line is what makes the only difference between walking home with a girl of your dreams and watching someone else swoop her from right under your nose. We can all agree that’s one of the worst feelings in the world, so…
You might want to prevent that from happening by throwing a quick glance at these carefully compiled pick-up lines to make her fall for you.
81. Let’s flip a coin. Heads you’re mine, tails I’m yours. (cheeky smile) You can’t tell me that wasn’t cute, can you?
82. Will you go out with me next Friday night? Smile if yes, and recite the entire Bible in Japanese if no.
83. You’re really cute. You’d look a lot cuter if you were holding my hand, though.
84. If you were a vegetable, you’d be a cutecumber.
85. I’m really bad at smooth pick-up lines, so I’m just going to stare at you until you agree to go out with me next Friday night.
86. You must have a magnet in your purse… Because you sure did attract me to come over here and try to talk to you.
87. Hey, what do bees make? (Honey?) Yes, dear?
88. Hey, that’s not fair. When God made you he was really showing off. When he made me he said “personality” and dipped.
89. Hey, that’s a beautiful dress! Do you know what else you would look great in? My arms.
90. I’m so sorry, I dropped something… My jaw!
91. I heard you were really good at math. Would you help me replace my X without asking Y?
92. Even if there was no such thing as gravity, I would still fall for you.
A couple more if she hasn’t fallen for you already…
93. I was going to use a smooth pick-up line on you, but you’re too good for that.
94. I don’t know you, but I can already tell you’d be my favorite notification.
95. There are so many different smiles in this room, but yours is my favorite. I’m sorry if I’m being too forward, I just had to come over to meet the girl behind that contagious smile.
96. The moment I saw you smile from across the room, I knew I’d be yours forever.
97. I want to fall for you every single day for the rest of my life. I’m just being honest, take it or leave it.
98. The moment I saw you from across the room, my day got a whole lot better.
99. When I agreed to go out with my friends tonight, I had no idea I would meet my future girlfriend. If I did, I would’ve come up with a smother pick-up line.
100. I’m writing an essay on the most beautiful things in the world. Can I use you as an example?
101. Hey, this might sound weird… Can I tie your shoes? I don’t want you falling for anyone else.
102. Let’s make a list of cute things. I’ll start… Okay, so, you, also you, we can’t forget about you, and then you, and oh, yeah you. You’re cute.
103. You already stole my heart. Would you also like to steal my last name?
104. Your hand looks tired, do you want me to hold it for you?
105. They say good things take time… That must be why you were late for this party, and why I’m so happy to finally see you here.
And a couple more…
106. My friends call me *insert your name,* but you can call me whenever you want.
107. My name is *insert your full name.* Oh, you like my last name? You can take it if you want.
108. If you were a potato, you would be a sweet potato. Was that bad?
109. If you were a Cheeto, you would be Hot Cheeto. I was internally praying that you won’t walk away the moment you hear these words.
110. If you were a flower, you would be a daaaamndelion. Okay, I’ll stop.
111. I had to come over to tell you something… You’re just like my favorite song because I can’t seem to get you out of my head.
112. If you agree to go out with me next Friday night, looking forward to that day will become my favorite pastime.
113. Listen, you can’t blame me for shooting my shot if you come into my favorite bar looking like a snack.
114. I have so many things to say to you but your eyes keep interrupting me! I’m lost in them!
115. You must be one hell of a thief when you managed to steal my heart from across the room. I might not be as good, but can I at least steal your phone number?
116. I’m sorry, you were talking to me? You weren’t? Why not?
117. Let me show you the most beautiful thing in the world, (open the front camera). Isn’t she gorgeous?
118. They say nothing lasts forever… Will you be my nothing?
119. Nice shirt. Is it made of girlfriend material?
120. I’m a superhero. Can you guess my name? (Superman? Batman? Ironman?) No, I’m Yourman! *laughing hysterically*
121. It’s not my fault I fell for you! You’re the one who tripped me!
122. Here’s the thing, when you leave this bar, you have a pretty high chance of falling on the street, in the river, or even in your car. But if you stay, the highest chance you have of falling is in love with me.
Smooth pick-up lines you can use on Instagram
Bold of me to assume you met the girl of your dreams in real life… More times than not, you were scrolling the Explore page on Instagram when you caught a glimpse of your future girlfriend (if everything goes according to plan, that is).
So, after a thorough cyber-stalk through her Instagram grid, you came to the conclusion that you have no idea how to slide into her DMs. Are you better off replying to her story in a witty way or hitting her with your smoothest pick-up line?
Sure, it might not be that big of a deal. But, if you’re serious about this girl, you shouldn’t shy away from being more open, creative, and strategic about shooting your digital shot. Don’t worry, I’ve got your back!
Here are a couple of smooth pick-up lines you can use to get her attention on Instagram, or any other social media platform for that matter. Pick your favorite and give her enough reason to make her want to meet up in real life.
123. I’m so sorry to DM you out of the blue but you dropped something. (What?) Hopefully your standards! Hi, I’m *insert your name.*
124. Hi, I’m not sure if you remember… (Remember what?) Meeting me this Friday afternoon for a cup of coffee?
125. Hi, don’t mind me, I’m just sliding into your DMs.
126. Max, you’re such a bad boy, get back here right now! *insert dog emoji* So sorry, sometimes he runs off into random people’s DMs… So, what’s up?
127. I couldn’t help but notice you’re quite a fan of Friends, so… How you doin’?
128. I couldn’t help but notice you liked one of my pictures… So, what I’m trying to say is… Let’s get married?
A couple more Insta lines…
129. I don’t give out compliments that easily, but I must say you have great taste in Instagram profiles.
130. I wanted to go for something cute and romantic, but you probably already have a bunch of guys from India sending you love letters, poems, and marriage proposals. So, I’ll go with something simple and hope for the best: What’s up?
131. Hey, can you fill out a quick survey for me? (Yeah, sure.) Great! Please fill out the name, phone number, and relationship status section. Thank you!
132. Permission to enter your DMs, m’lady?
133. You know, I used to chase butterflies as a kid. (Yeah, and?) And I never thought you’d give them to me for free.
134. Random question, if your phone number turned into money, how much money would you have?
135. Hey, my friends are asking me questions about how we met. Can you help me figure out what to tell them?
136. Hey, you really shouldn’t let me be the one that got away…
137. Hey, just letting you know that I would be totally fine if you decide to date me because of my dog. And he would, too.
138. Hey, random question, do you like water? (Yeah, why?) Great, you already like me at least 72%!
139. If you can’t handle me at my worst… Well, then this isn’t going to work because I’m pretty much always at my worst.
140. Let’s start this off with a fun fact about me. I’m just like your GPA, you know you can do better but you’re too lazy to try!
141. Roses are red, violets are blue… I really want to go on a date with you! (P.S. Violets are definitely not blue, I don’t know why everyone keeps saying that.)
Smooth pick-up lines you can use on Tinder
Listen, we’ve all been on Tinder at some point in our lives. The stigma of online dating has been long gone and we’ve become pretty comfortable with swiping left and right on other people’s faces.
Let’s be honest, there’s pretty much no difference between liking a random girl’s Instagram posts and swiping right on her Tinder profile. So, the only thing keeping you from swooping this girl off her feet is a carefully crafted, smooth pick-up line in her DMs.
142. Hey, I’m just looking for someone who will share their Netflix password with me so that I can watch Bridgerton. You interested?
143. Hey, I’m just checking something… Am I really that handsome that you forgot to send me your smoothest pick-up line?
144. Hey, so my favorite pick-up line is *insert the cheesiest pick-up line you have.* Did you forget to send me yours?
145. *insert lime emoji* This is my favorite pick-up lime. What’s yours?
146. You’re seriously cute, but here’s the dealbreaker… Do you like raisins? (No?) Can I offer you a date, then?
147. Roses are red, violets are blue… How on earth did I get so lucky to match with you!?
148. My BBQ is broken, would you mind having a look at it? (What?) Oh, I’m sorry, I just thought you might be able to help me, being smoking hot yourself and all.
149. Hey, I’m new on Tinder. Are we, like, married now?
150. What’s a beautiful girl like you doing without my phone number?
151. Do you like cheese? (No, why?) Oh nothing, I was just wondering if you would like to brie with me?
152. Listen, I have to be honest with you. I swiped right 50% because you’re cute, and 50% because I love your dog. What’s his name?
And a couple more…
153. Who would’ve thought today would be my lucky day? I woke up thinking I’m gonna have yet another boring Monday, but then I saw you…
154. Titanic… That’s a great icebreaker, don’t you think? What’s up?
155. I honestly can’t believe we’ve known each other for three minutes and haven’t exchanged numbers. Let’s change that?
156. I was about to give up on Tinder, but then I saw you…
157. I think my phone is broken… It keeps telling me I don’t have your phone number!
158. Don’t tell me your name, just tell me I get to call you mine.
159. How much does the polar bear weigh? (How much?) I don’t know, but I’m sure it’s enough to break the ice!
160. Honestly, you’re this close *insert pinch emoji* to getting my phone number.
161. Honestly, just tell me you’re not one of those people who clap after the plane lands and we can go ahead and get married.
162. Hey, you’re really beautiful. Would you give me the chance to tell you that again next Friday over dinner?