Keanu Reeves is simply a great individual. Unfortunately, he didn’t lead the best life there is. Even though he’s A grade movie star, he’s seen many troubles in life.
His daughter died at birth, his sister got diagnosed with Leukemia- one can say that he has gone through life on a very rough patch. He has truly seen it all. From riding a subway back from work to opening up charities anonymously-we can easily call him a Hollywood royalty.
Here are 25 quotes by the acting legend himself.
1. None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean.
2. Sometimes simple things are the most difficult things to achieve.
3. Mortality is very different when you’re 20 to when you’re 50.
4. It is incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands.
5. Tomorrow isn’t guaranteed, so live today!
6. Art is about trying to find the good in people and making the world a more compassionate place.
7. You have to change your life if you’re not happy, and wake up if things aren’t going the way you want.
8. Sometimes enemies are our best teachers, people can learn from their mistakes, destruction sometimes means rebirth.
9. Grief changes shape but it never ends.
10. Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you stronger.
11. I do think there must be some kind of interaction between your living life and the life that goes on from here.
12. Try to be wrong once in a while, it’ll do your ego good.
13. So in the end, I think we can all pretty well agree that even in the face of tragedy, a stellar person can thrive. No matter what’s going on in your life, you can overcome it! Life is worth living.
14. If you have been brutally broken, but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with the heart of an angel.
15. The person who was holding me back from my happiness was me.
16. When the people you love are gone, you’re alone.
17. Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take the time out to enjoy the beauty in life. It’s like we’re zombies. Look up and take your headphones out. Say “Hi” to someone you see and maybe give a hug to someone who looks like they’re hurting.
18. Our saving grace! Um, as a species [humans] we can be pretty warm and fuzzy. But maybe for this, it’s adaptability, or the heart and soul. We’re not all that bad. I don’t really know!
19. Our dreams can teach us, instruct us, confuse us, sometimes I think they look to be considered. They are an opportunity and I think they most certainly could be utilized to focus, to try and achieve — whether it’s looking for someone, or influencing us, or inspiring us.
20. A good date is when you are intoxicated with each other’s company and everything becomes good in the world.
21. The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way.
22. I was also raised to treat people exactly how I would like to be treated by others. It’s called respect.
23. I will always be in love with love.
24. When I don’t feel free and can’t do what I want, I just react. I go against it.
25. None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean.