Putting effort into a relationship is what can make it or break it. If you give enough time and attention to your relationship, it will bloom like a flower.
On the other hand, if you don’t focus on it, thinking that the other person will do it for you, your relationship is doomed to fail.
Effort in a relationship should be mutual and it should come from both partners.
You should treat each other as team players because when one fails to do something, the other will feel the consequences too.
That’s how relationships work. They are not about waiting for the other partner to make a move and put in the effort.
Instead, it’s about the two of you, working together and constantly making an effort that will make your relationship a better place.
Below, I am giving you a list of 36 inspirational quotes that show the importance of putting effort into a relationship.
These can help you open your eyes and see the reality that has been foggy for too long.
Quotes about effort in a relationship!
1. “Happiness can be measured by how much effort you gave and how much it has paid off then.”
2. “People stand in front of an officiant and say ‘I do’ but that shouldn’t mean ‘I’m done’ when comes to putting time and effort to grow their relationship.”
3. “Always remember that someone’s effort is a reflection of their interest in you.”
4. “If you let her know that she is your priority and remind her from time to time how much you in fact care, you’ll be amazed at how many problems disappear in your relationship.”
5. “If the feelings are mutual, the effort will be equal.”
6. “All she wanted was the effort that she gave.”
7. “If you want to be in my future, make an effort to be a part of my present, or all you will ever be is someone from my past.”
8. “The right person will pursue you with clear intentions, have upfront communication, consistent effort, and never would lead you on.”
9. “I will text you first, keep the conversation going, make plans, but if I’m the only one putting in the effort then I’m not going to keep trying.”
10. “When someone truly cares about you, they make an effort, not an excuse.”
11. “How to tell if somebody is genuinely interested in you? If you removed all of your effort from the equation would any communication remain between you? If not, there is nothing there, and you deserve better.”
12. “The most attractive thing to me is effort. Someone who really wants to talk to me, wants to see me, wants to make me a part of their day.”
13. “My days of chasing people are over. If you are not making an effort to stay in my life, don’t get upset when I start doing things without you.”
14. “Love is not enough to keep the relationship going. It takes a lot of effort and patience to make the commitment stronger.”
15. “I don’t want perfection, but I do expect effort.”
16. “In a relationship, no amount of extra effort on your part can make up for a lack of effort on theirs.”
–John Mark Green
17. “I decided to put as much effort into contacting you as you do with me – that’s why we don’t talk anymore.”
18. “It’s a beautiful feeling when you know that someone is making an effort just to make you smile.”
19. “… if you put the time and effort into a relationship, it will last forever.”
–Moses Gazman Mukhansi
20. “I am not going to wait around for you forever, so either start making an effort or be prepared to lose me.”
21. “Stop putting effort into those who show no effort toward you. There is only so much you can do before you are wasting your energy and time.”
22. “Effort is a two-way thing. If someone wanted to put in the effort, they would. There is no point in trying to chase.”
23. “If you ignore me, I will ignore you. If you don’t start the conversation, we won’t talk. If you don’t put in the effort, why should I?”
24. “You can put all your effort in trying to make someone happy… but there comes a time when we become tired of trying to fill a bucket that is leaking from the inside.”
25. “No matter how much effort you put in, some people just won’t appreciate it.”
26. “I am not ignoring you. I am just waiting for you to make an effort to talk to me first.”
27. “If you are not willing to put in the effort, don’t expect it in return.”
28. “If someone believes you are worth the effort they will make the effort.”
29. “Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.”
30. “Love is not really a mystery. It is a process like anything else. A process that requires trust, effort, focus, and commitment by two willing partners.”
31. “In today’s world, options are everywhere. It takes a great effort to stay faithful, continue to honor your commitment, and do the work it takes to keep your relationship strong.”
32. “Don’t expect a man will try any harder to keep you than he did to get you.”
–Angela N. Blount
33. “If you’re making a conscious effort… someone should be meeting you on the same page.”
34. “I think to make any relationship work it just takes a tremendous amount of effort and accepting of one another.”
35. “If someone really wanted you, they’d actually put some effort into trying to get your attention and make sacrifices for you. They wouldn’t just tell you they want you; they would show you in every little way possible that they want you.”
36. “There’s nothing worse than putting all your effort into doing everything right for someone you love, and having it end up all wrong.”
Remember that nothing can work out if both sides aren’t putting enough effort into the relationship. You need mutual consistency if you want your relationship to work!