I don’t think that there’s anyone who would disagree that waterfalls are one of the most enchanting of nature’s creations.
If you love nature and want it to inspire your next adventure, you’re going to love these waterfall quotes.
The beauty of waterfalls is best enjoyed by seeing them, but thanks to eloquent waterfall quotes, you can enjoy them through words as well.
Their beauty inspires dreamers, travelers, thinkers, philosophers, and writers.
These waterfall quotes will help you feel that inspiration in whichever of these categories you identify with.
Staring at a waterfall can also make you realize wise and important life lessons.
Sadly, we aren’t able to take a trip and see this beauty of nature whenever we’d like to.
Fortunately, though, there are these wise waterfall quotes that help us learn those lessons.
They will ground you and make you feel calm.
The truth is, not everyone has the right perspective to truly understand the magic of waterfalls.
Because of this, you might think that this wonder of nature can’t be explained by simple words…
I’ve put wrangled up some waterfall quotes that will show you that you’re sorely mistaken.
Sitting quietly in front of a beautiful waterfall makes you feel enlightened and enriched.
It’s as if the power, sound, and sight of falling water hold a secret message.
Maybe you grasp it, but don’t know how to put it into words.
Luckily, writers and other inspired people have managed to capture that secret message in these waterfall quotes.
And because of their words, you too can experience that enlightened and enriched feeling.
Believe it or not, there are some quotes that will give you a different perspective on life.
Waterfall quotes are surely one of those.
Right now, you need to feel the sense of peace they will bring you.
When you’re in a different mood, if you’re a woman, you might like empowering boss lady quotes to make you unstoppable. I know I sure need them sometimes.
But at this moment, we need to stop for a second before becoming unstoppable.
Stop and soak in the wisdom and beauty only an amazing wonder of nature could help you find.
Once you’ve fully experienced the power of these quotes, you might feel the need to tell someone you love them.
That’s when the most beautiful I love you so much quotes for him and her come in handy, to let your loved one know how much you care.
But let’s show ourselves love first by diving headfirst into these waterfall quotes.
Wise Waterfall Quotes
1. “Waterfalls wouldn’t sound so melodious if there were no rocks in their way.”
2. “Water is the most perfect traveler because when it travels it becomes the path itself!”
Mehmet Murat Ildan
3. “There is a waterfall in every dream. Cool and crystal clear, it falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul.”
4. “Romance often begins by a splashing waterfall and ends over a leaky sink.”
5. “The point is that when I see a sunset or a waterfall or something, for a split second it’s so great, because for a little bit I’m out of my brain, and it’s got nothing to do with me… And I wonder if I can somehow find a way to maintain that mind stillness.”
6. “There’s no better place to find yourself than sitting by a waterfall and listening to its music.”
Roland R Kemler
7. “We are all naturally seekers of wonders. We travel far to see the majesty of old ruins, the venerable forms of the hoary mountains, great waterfalls, and galleries of art.
And yet the world’s wonder is all around us; the wonder of setting suns, and evening stars, of the magic spring-time, the blossoming of the trees, the strange transformations of the moth…”
8. “Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.”
9. “A waterfall cannot be silent, just as the wisdom. When they speak, the voice of power speaks.”
Mehmet Murat Ildan
10. “I can see my rainbow calling me through the misty breeze of my waterfall.”
11. “Your love is like a waterfall, running wild and free.”
12. “A waterfall is concerned only with being itself, not with doing something it considers waterfall-like.”
13. “I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, whether it is the waves or a waterfall.”
14. “Once we have tasted far streams, touched the gold, found some limit beyond the waterfall, a season changes and we come back changed but safe, quiet, grateful.”
15. “You don’t have the power to make rainbows or waterfalls, sunsets or roses, but you do have the power to bless people by your words and smiles. You carry within you the power to make the world better.”
Sharon G. Larsen
16. “When the moonlight and the waterfall come together, all other things fade from the scene!”
Mehmet Murat Ildan
17. “My desert soul erupts with turquoise water, floods and cascades and waterfalls rushing in around my rocky parts, pushing and reshaping and filling every hidden dark spot.”
18. “Mist to mist drops to drops. For water thou art, and unto water shalt thou return.”
19. “There is a hidden message in every waterfall. It says, if you are flexible, falling will not hurt you.”
Mehmet Murat İldan
20. “A strong man and a waterfall always channel their own path.”
21. “All anyone can hope for is just a tiny bit of love, like a drop in a cup if you can get it, or a waterfall, a flood, if you can get that too.”
22. “As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I’ll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche.
I’ll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can.”
23. “A river cuts through a rock, not because of its power but because of its persistence.”
24. “There’s music in water. Brooks babbling, fountains splashing.
Weirs, waterfalls, tumbling, gushing.”
25. “I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, whether it is the waves or a waterfall.”
26. “Life is like a waterfall. It is always moving and there is always an uneven flow to it.”
27. “Water does not resist. Water flows.
When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress.
Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing, in the end, can stand against it.
Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone.
Remember that, my child. Remember you are half water.
If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.”
28. “Another way to look at meditation is to view thinking itself as a waterfall, a cascading of thought. In cultivating mindfulness, we are going beyond or behind our thinking, much the way you might find a vantage point in a cave or depression in the rock behind a waterfall.
We still see and hear the water, but we are out of the torrent.”
29. “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”
J. R. R. Tolkien
30. “Do not feel sad for your tears, as rocks never regret the waterfalls.”
31. “Emerald slopes became so tall they touched the clouds, and showers painted diamond waterfalls that sluiced down cliff sides.”
32. “When you’re young, there’s so much that you can’t take in. It’s pouring over you like a waterfall.
When you’re older, it’s less intense, but you’re able to reach out and drink it. I love being older.”
33. “There’s hope at the bottom of the biggest waterfall.”
34. “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.”
35. “God is discovered entirely through creation – the brilliance of a sunset, the powerful roar of a waterfall, the symphony of sounds you hear in the heart of the forest, or the vastness of space and its countless stars.
God is the mastermind behind all matter – every earth-shattering scientific discovery and mystery that is yet to be unraveled was dreamed and enacted by God.”
Benjamin F. Sullivan
36. “I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.”
37. “I shift an infinitesimal movement towards him.
It is like the leap from a waterfall. I do not know, until then, what I am going to do.”
38. “Sometimes, it’s hard to tell how fast the current’s moving until you’re headed over a waterfall.”
39. “Valuable lessons can be learned from every waterfall.”
40. “The idea is that flowing water never goes stale, so just keep flowing.”
41. “A very wise quote is a spectacular waterfall! When you see it, you feel its power!”
42. “Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?
That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.”
43. “Grace is finding a waterfall when you were only looking for a stream.”
44. “While people are struggling unhappily in the cities against the cruel authorities, a waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in nature; there is happiness only if there is freedom!”
Mehmet Murat Ildan
45. “I need waves. I need waterfalls. I want rushing currents.”
46. “Waterfalls are exciting because they have power, they have rainbows, they have songs, and they have boldness and craziness!”
47. “Experiencing the present purely is being empty and hollow; you catch grace as a man fills his cup under a waterfall.”
48. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.”
49. “Just as a waterfall grows slower and more lightly suspended as it plunges down, so the great man of action tends to act with greater calmness than his tempestuous desires prior to the deed would lead one to expect.”
50. “Run wild and free like a waterfall”
51. “Good luck and good work for the happy mountain raindrops, each one of them a high waterfall in itself, descending from the cliffs and hollows of the clouds to the cliffs and hollows of the rocks, out of the sky-thunder into the thunder of the falling rivers.”
52. “It was more than just the gentle tumble of the waterfall, or the wind or the sound of birds. It was much, much more he knew. He looked about him and he knew he had found what he had been looking for.”
53. “She’ll carry on through it all. She’s a waterfall.”
54. “They say that people who live next to waterfalls don’t hear the water.”
Jonathan Safran Foer
55. “With meditation, I found a ledge above the waterfall of my thoughts.”
56. “She dares me to pour myself out like a living waterfall. She dares me to enter the soul that is more than my own; she extinguishes fear in mere seconds.
She lets light come through.”
57. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
58. “Life is naked. A nude body is the truest and noblest symbol of life.
If I draw a mountain as a heap of human forms and paint a waterfall in the shape of tumbling human bodies, it is because I see in the mountain a heap of living things, and in the waterfall a precipitate current of life.”
59. “Look with open eyes, and you will see the beauty of the waterfall.”
60. “Look for yourself in the waterfall – still for just a moment before moving on again.”
61. “You cannot hear the waterfall if you stand next to it. I paint my jungles in the desert.”
62. “Be soft in your practice. Think of the method as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall.”
63. “My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.”
64. “To trace the history of a river or a raindrop is also to trace the history of the soul, the history of the mind descending and arising in the body.
In both, we constantly seek and stumble upon divinity, which like feeding the lake, and the spring becoming a waterfall, feeds, spills, falls, and feeds itself all over again.”
65. “Above them, a waterfall tumbled from a clifftop as high as a church steeple. The water fell in milky blue strands, shooting spray in the air that danced in rainbows of gold, pink, and blue.”
66. “The waterfall winks at every passerby.”
67. “I love you like a river that understands that it must learn to flow differently over waterfalls and to rest in the shallows.
I love you because we are all born in the same place, at the same source, which keeps us provided with a constant supply of water. And so, when we feel weak, all we have to do is wait a little.
The spring returns, and the winter snows melt and fill us with new energy.”
68. “And when you hear the sound of the waterfall coming nearer and nearer, tidy up the boat, put on your best tie and hat, and smoke a cigar right up till the moment you go over. That’s a triumph.”
69. “I feel like water that transforms from a flowing river to a tranquil lake to a powerful waterfall to a freshwater spring to a meandering creek to a salty sea to raindrops gentle on your face to hard, stinging hail to frost on a mountaintop, and back to a river again.”
María Virginia Farinango
70. “When I was walking in the mountains with the Japanese man and began to hear the water, he said, ‘What is the sound of the waterfall?’ ‘Silence,’ he finally told me.”
71. “Owls hoot in B flat, cuckoos in D, but the water ousel sings in the voice of the stream.
She builds her nest back of the waterfalls so the water is a lullaby to the little ones. Must be where they learn it.”
Karen Joy Fowler
72. “The ordinary-sized stuff which is our lives, the things people write poetry about – clouds – daffodils – waterfalls – what happens in a cup of coffee when the cream goes in – these things are full of mystery, as mysterious to us as the heavens were to the Greeks.”
73. “There’s nobody living who couldn’t stand all afternoon in front of a waterfall. Anyone who can sit on a stone in a field awhile can see my painting.
Nature is like parting a curtain, you go into it as you would cross an empty beach to look at the ocean.”
74. “Have you ever stood where a stream spills into a river? The two become one.
They laugh over the stones together, twist through the sharp canyons together, plunge down the waterfalls together.
It is the same when a man and woman love one another. It is not always a pleasant thing, but when it happens, a man has little to say about it.
Women, like streams, can be smooth one minute and make a man feel like he’s swimming through white water the next.”
75. “After we are separated by birth from this oneness, as the water falling from the waterfall is separated by the wind and rocks, then we have feeling.
You have difficulty because you have feeling. You attach to the feeling you have without knowing just how this kind of feeling is created.
When you do not realize that you are one with the river, or one with the universe, you have fear. Whether it is separated into drops or not, water is water.
Our life and death are the same thing. When we realize this fact we have no fear of death anymore, and we have no actual difficulty in our life.”
76. “Because of the Thames I have always loved inland waterways – water in general, water sounds – there’s music in water.
Brooks babbling, fountains splashing. Weirs, waterfalls; tumbling, gushing.”
77. “When you are outpouring your emotion, it is like me trying to climb up a waterfall. To get to you.
But if you are calm and have faith in me, I can sail right over to you. On the still waters of your soul.”
78. “Twisting through the thorn-thick underbrush, scratched and exhausted, one turns suddenly to find an unexpected waterfall, not half a mile from the nearest road, a spot so hard to reach that no one comes to a hiding place, a shrine for dragonflies and nesting jays, a sign that there is still one piece of property that won’t be owned.”
79. “Lessons from a waterfall: Keep moving, and you’ll eventually get over it.”
80. “We made our way to the very edge of the cliff and looked down. We could hear the water dashing, splashing, and roaring as if angry at the small space through which it was forced to pass.”