All of us have failed relationships behind us because sometimes, the end of a relationship is the only thing that can preserve your mental health, especially when you are in a toxic relationship with the wrong person. And in those situations, you can find useful relationship advice in unhealthy relationship quotes. These inspirational quotes will help you realize that you can’t take emotional abuse from toxic people and letting go of a toxic relationship is the best thing you can do for your mental health.
Unhealthy relationship quotes are there to show you that staying with the wrong person is a waste of time, especially when you could be starting a new relationship with someone who may be your true love. This wrong relationship is here for the same reason other bad things are – to teach you valuable life lessons but you have to gain back your sense of self-worth as well as your self-esteem, which are probably damaged due to emotional abuse.
Your loved one should be someone who boosts your self-esteem and never jeopardizes your sense of self-worth. On the other hand, someone who does those things is definitely bad company and a toxic person. To avoid heartbreak and find real love, you have to get rid of the bad things in your life and that includes bad habits as well as bad company. These relationship quotes will teach you that.
The best relationship advice I could give you has already been said by someone else and you will find it in these inspirational quotes about unhealthy relationships. Everyone falls in love eventually, so it’s only natural that there are a lot of love quotes out there but before you start looking for love quotes to inspire you to search for a new relationship, let these unhealthy relationship quotes help you end the one you are in right now.
The thing is, you can’t learn all of life’s lessons from your own experience, so why not let other people’s hearts say the words that will heal yours? You can do so by reading these relationship quotes. Everyone has been in the search of true love and a good relationship at some point, so naturally, everyone has some failed relationships that were a waste of time and led to heartbreak. But some of them have learned from it and are now sharing their knowledge through unhealthy relationship quotes and other inspirational quotes that will make us realize the truth.
I myself have been in a toxic relationship and it seriously harmed my health. I was broken. He completely destroyed everything that made me who I was but I found the strength inside me to end that toxic relationship and search for something better. Now I have the love that I deserve, and I have healed completely but that wouldn’t have been possible if I had stayed in the toxic relationship. So, it’s time you let yourself get what you deserve as well but you can only do so by ending your bad, unhealthy and toxic relationship right now.
I have selected only the best toxic relationship quotes for you but before you read them, you have to understand something. Letting go of an unhealthy relationship is the first step to finding true love and the bad habits of your loved one will lead to the end of the relationship at some point anyway. These unhealthy relationship quotes are the life lessons other people’s hearts learned after they were broken in the wrong relationships. After you read them and end your bad relationship, you can then read love quotes.
Toxic relationship quotes will help you find real love in a new relationship but before you get to the right relationship, you have to deal with the wrong one. Unhealthy relationship quotes might not do the trick on their own but to realize that you deserve the right relationship, you have to use any help you can get. Relationship quotes are the windows to people’s souls, which are sending messages to yours.
Learn from someone else’s bad relationship by using these bad relationship quotes. A good relationship is waiting for you, and these bad relationship quotes will make you believe it. And hey, maybe something good will come out of this toxic relationship after all because maybe it will get you to write your own relationship quotes that will help others. For inspiration, read these toxic relationship quotes that I have chosen for you.
Here are the toxic relationship quotes that will show you what to do when you are stuck in a toxic relationship.
38 Unhealthy relationship quotes to inspire you to move on
1. “God ended a lot of friendships and toxic relationships I wanted to keep forever. At first, I didn’t understand now I’m like “you’re right my bad.”
2. “Staying in an unhealthy relationship that robs you of peace of mind, is not being loyal. It is choosing to hurt yourself mentally, emotionally, and sometimes, physically.”
Kemi Sogunle, Beyond the Pain by Kemi Sogunle
3. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.”
C. JoyBell C.
4. “A relationship without trust is like a car without gas, you can stay in it all you want, but it won’t go anywhere.”
5. “If you can’t talk to me without criticizing and insulting me and putting me down in that snotty condescending manner, then take your bad behaviors elsewhere. I don’t tolerate that negativity or toxicity in my life. Look in the mirror at what kind of person you are before you insult me.”
6. “At some point you will realize that you have done too much for someone, that the only next possible step to do is to stop. Leave them alone. Walk away. It’s not like you’re giving up, and it’s not like you shouldn’t try. It’s just that you have to draw the line of determination from desperation. What is truly yours, and what is not, no matter how hard you try, will never be.”
7. “You learn more about someone at the end of a relationship than at the beginning.”
8. “When you get into a bad relationship, the best thing you can do is get out of it as soon as you can.”
9. “WARNING: Unhealthy relationships may cause headaches, stress, and a waste of your time. The cure for this is to be single.”
10. “That moment that you start to wonder if you deserve better, you do.”
11. “Passion is always a mystery and unaccountable, and unfortunately, there is no doubt that life does not spare its purest children, and often it is just the most deserving people who cannot help loving those who destroy them.”
Hermann Hesse, Gertrude
12. “There was a time in the marriage when I could no longer look at myself in a mirror, couldn’t feel I was a nice person. A bad relationship can do that can make you doubt everything good you ever felt about yourself.”
13. “No matter which type of narcissist he is, the end result is the same – a slow, insidious, breaking down of the self-esteem of his victims until there’s next to nothing left, at which point, the narcissist will frequently throw his partner out in order to look for someone new and full of life to make his next target. Leaving his victim an emotional wreck, wondering what she did to destroy their once “perfect” relationship.”
14. “It’s better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else.”
15. “To heal, you have to stop romanticizing the person who destroyed you. When the memories of who they pretended to be creep in, put reality on repeat, and remember the good hearts don’t cannibalize their kindred.”
16. “As I was fighting for you, I realized I was fighting to be lied to, fighting to be taken for granted, fighting to be disappointed, fighting to be hurt again…So I started fighting to let go.”
17. “For every tear you make her cry, there’s another man waiting to make her smile.”
18. “Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts, and don’t put up with people that are reckless with yours.”
Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
19. “Without any trust between the two of you, nothing will ever be the same again, believe me.”
20. “People sometimes don’t recover from broken relationships, not because of the love they had towards the person who broke their heart but because of their hurt ego.”
21. “It is better to break your own heart once than having someone breaking it every day.”
22. “When you get to be my age, you gain a heightened awareness of time . . . how limited it is, and you tend to move toward social interactions that are meaningful and away from negative, trivial people who are downright toxic.”
Sarah Jo Smith, The Other Side of Heartache
23. “One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.”
Michael J. Fox
24. “Stop trying to change someone who doesn’t want to change. Stop giving chances to someone who abuses your forgiveness. Stop walking back to the place where your heart ran from. Stop trusting their words, and ignoring their actions. Stop giving your all to a person who gives you nothing. Stop fighting for a relationship when you’re standing in the ring alone.”
25. “The one who loves the least controls the relationship.”
26. “He was an ass. He made sure you fell for him, and he wasn’t even there to catch you. But worst of all, he made you trust him. He made you think he wasn’t like all the others. And you know what? He was right. He wasn’t like all the others, he was so much worse…”
27. “Don’t hold on because you think there will be no one else. There will always be someone else. You’ve got to believe you are worth more than being repeatedly hurt by someone who doesn’t really care and believe that someone will see what you are really worth and treat you the way you should be treated.”
28. “Most relationships do not have a foundation that is strong, which is why most of them fail.”
29. “The wrong person isn’t breaking their back to make you happy. So, stop breaking your back for them.”
30. “In a relationship, always remember: When the pain of holding on is greater than the pain of letting go, it’s time to let go.”
31. “You should never hate being single so much that you pursue unhealthy relationships of fear being hurt so much that you avoid healthy ones.”
32. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.”
Mandy Hale, ‘The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass’
33. “Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts. If they don’t find you worth the effort or the time, why should you waste yours?”
Donna Lynn Hope
34. “Sometimes, the person you’d take a bullet for ends up being the one behind the gun.”
35. “Never lose yourself while trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you.”
36. “Break free of toxic people and relationships, they erode your quality of life. ”
37. “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.”
38. “You don’t ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn’t matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance – You don’t have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It’s one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feeling, ignores your boundaries, and “continues” to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go.”