As time goes by, you start to get the feeling that you’ve covered it all and that you have nothing left to talk about. You’re in desperate need of romantic topics to talk about with a boyfriend or it feels that you’ll end up being quiet all the time and that certainly isn’t something you want.
You’ve either been in a relationship for way too long or you’re just starting your journey. In either case, you’re on the lookout for interesting conversation topics you can use with your boyfriend and since you’re not the best conversation starter, you need someone’s help.
Don’t worry about it as you’re about to read the best list of many of the possible romantic topics you can explore with your partner. I’m sure you’ll be able to find something for yourself, no matter the stage of your relationship.
Let’s get started right away so we can solve your problem as soon as possible!
Romantic topics to talk about with a boyfriend
Many of us have this irrational fear that we’ll exhaust topics to talk about with our partner. It may be one of those things that scare you the most and you want to make sure you won’t have to face the issue, especially if you’re at the very beginning of your relationship.
So, to be sure that you won’t run out of romantic subjects to talk about with a boyfriend, you want to be prepared. You want to be aware of some of the many possibilities you can use the second your conversations get dull or boring.
Trust me, there are many different options you can choose from, even when you feel like there’s literally nothing to talk about. Keep reading to find out some of the endless choices of conversations you can engage in with your partner.
1. Something that will keep you excited
A relationship tends to lose its spark over time. So, the best way to prevent that from happening is to know how to keep the flame from burning out.
That’s why you should always have in mind a few questions that will keep both of you excited for the future. This is one of the options you can rely on when you’re looking for romantic topics to talk about with your boyfriend.
It will keep the relationship fun and exciting and will give you a reason to look forward to the weekend after you’ve been drowned in paperwork and all of your other life duties.
Here are some of the questions you can ask your boyfriend related to this subject in particular.
1. Do you have any plans for Valentine’s Day?
2. What do you think we should do for our anniversary? Maybe something exciting, something we’ve never tried before?
3. What’s your idea of the perfect date? Share your secret with me and I’ll make it come true.
4. Are you up for a romantic weekend getaway?
5. Relaxing on the beach or an all-day adventure? What’s your preference? I’m trying to figure out what we should do for my birthday.
6. Where should we go for our vacation? Do you have any ideas?
7. I’m so excited about the upcoming weekend. I’m sure we’ll have a great time. How do you feel about it?
8. If we could go anywhere together right now, where would you want to go?
9. I’m excited about that romantic dinner you’re making for me. What are you going to prepare?
10. What are the top three things you would like to do on your birthday?
2. Talk about your hopes and dreams
There’s something calming and relaxing about listening to your partner talk about his hopes and dreams, especially when you lay your head on his chest while listening to his heartbeat.
At first, topics about dreams may not sound romantic but there’s truly something that hits differently once you start talking about them with your boyfriend.
Once he opens up to you, reveals his vulnerable side, and shares all of the plans he has for his future, you’ll certainly feel proud for dating such a nice man. And there’s no better feeling than that.
Here are some questions you can ask him that will get him to start talking about his desires and wishes!
1. Do you believe in destiny?
2. What’s something that scares you the most and would you be willing to try doing it?
3. What are your plans for the future?
4. Are you happy with your job or would you rather do something else?
5. What’s something you want to do badly but you haven’t ended up doing it yet for some reason?
6. Is there one specific wish you have that you desperately want to have come true?
7. Do you have an idea of what your hobby will be when you grow old? You know that all people have something they give themselves to, so do you have anything in mind?
8. Do you want to have (more) pets?
9. What’s an experience you want to be able to tell your grandchildren? Something you wish to do because you know it’ll be a great story to tell?
10. Do you want to invent something?
11. What’s one thing that makes you feel good, that you wish to keep doing until your last breath?
12. Would you like to travel the world?
13. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go first?
14. What does your ideal retirement look like?
15. What’s one thing about your life you would never be willing to change for anyone?
16. If you could go to the moon, would you say yes to that opportunity?
17. Would you want to go skydiving?
18. What’s the scariest adventure you want to go on?
19. What helps you persist when you feel like giving up? Is there something you do that makes you focus on the task more efficiently?
20. Is there a certain way you want to spend your weekends for the rest of your life?
21. Tell me two things you want to accomplish before you die!
22. If you didn’t succeed in achieving your goal, would you try again?
3. What you admire the most about one another
One of the best romantic topics to talk about with a boyfriend is expressing the way you feel about one another. Once you hear him talking highly of you, you’ll definitely feel a sense of pride.
Also, he’ll feel the same way about himself once he hears you talking about his strengths and positive sides.
Even though both of you have probably told each other those famous words, “I love you,” there’s something special about hearing your partner talking well about you. It speaks more than those three words can and it fills your heart with joy.
Here’s what you can ask your boyfriend if you want to talk about the things you admire about each other. Once you start this conversation, the chances are that it will last for hours, as one thing leads to another.
1. What’s your favorite thing about me which makes our relationship different from everyone else’s?
2. What’s that one thing I can keep doing for the rest of my life and you’ll never get tired of it?
3. Is there something you want me to change about myself?
4. What three words would you use to describe me?
5. What’s so special about our relationship?
6. What do you like the most about me?
7. What’s one similarity between us that you love?
8. What was it about me that made you fall in love? Is it something completely unexpected, something trivial, or something common?
9. What’s one of my skills that you admire about me?
10. What’s one quality about me that I see as a flaw but you absolutely love?
11. What keeps our relationship strong? Is there something we do differently that balances well together?
12. What’s something I do that makes you feel loved?
13. What do you love most about me?
14. Does it make you feel good when I give you a compliment?
15. What’s the best compliment I’ve ever given you and why does it mean so much to you?
16. Is there a song that makes you think about me the moment you hear it?
4. The moments when you felt proud of each other
It always feels good when your partner shares with you all of the moments he felt proud of you. It makes you wish to become an even better person and grow into the best version of yourself.
Trust me, he’ll feel the same way once you tell him about all of the moments you felt proud of him.
And that’s why talking about those times is also one of the perfect romantic topics you can discuss with your boyfriend, as both of you will feel this need to grow and make each other happy for the rest of your lives.
Here are some of the questions you can use to start the conversation.
1. Have you ever felt proud of me to the point where you started smiling because I’m your girlfriend?
2. When was the last moment you felt proud of me?
3. When was the first moment you felt proud of me?
4. Is there something I do all the time that makes you feel proud of me?
5. What’s something you tell everyone about me because you’re proud of the way I handled the situation?
6. Is there something I could do to grow as a person and make you feel even more proud of me?
7. Tell me about three moments when you felt proud of me.
8. How do you feel when I tell you I’m proud of you?
9. Am I the kind of girl you’d take home to meet your parents?
10. Did you feel proud of me when you introduced me to your friends?
5. Five-year plans about your relationship
Being in a relationship assumes that both of you have some plans for your future and it doesn’t get better than hearing your partner talk about them. It makes you realize how much he thinks about your relationship, which is one of the greatest feelings in the world.
Hearing him planning your future together is a dream come true for every woman.
Here are some questions related to your future together. This is one of the perfect romantic topics to talk about with a boyfriend and it’ll certainly fill your heart with joy.
1. Do you have any plans for how you want your dream wedding to look?
2. Which romantic honeymoon destination would you like to visit if we decide to get married?
3. Do you want to have kids?
4. How many kids do you want to have?
5. Do you have any plans for your kids’ names?
6. Would you be willing to create a time capsule for your children?
7. What’s your biggest fear about our relationship?
8. If I had to move countries, would you come with me? Or would you be willing to be in a long-distance relationship?
9. What’s one thing you want us to do together that we’ve never done before?
10. What’s one thing you hope will happen in the future of our relationship?
11. Is there something you want us to achieve in the next five years?
12. Can you imagine yourself spending your future with me?
13. Do you want me to meet your parents? (If you’ve already met his parents then you can ask him what they think about you.)
6. Ask your partner whether he needs your help
Even if this doesn’t seem like a romantic topic to talk about with your boyfriend, letting your partner know that you’re there for him is more sentimental than you think.
Once he sees that you’re his biggest support, he’ll feel various emotions so don’t blame us if you get treated with the longest cuddle session ever.
Here are some of the things you can offer your help with and let him know you’re there for him whenever he needs you.
1. Are you afraid of accomplishing something and is there anything I can do to help you overcome that fear?
2. Would you like me to help you change something about yourself?
3. Is there something I could do on daily basis to encourage you to grow as a person?
4. Is there something I can do to help you calm down when you feel nervous or anxious?
5. What could I do to inspire you to become the best version of yourself?
6. What can I do to cheer you up?
7. Talk about your memories
Your memories are definitely a romantic topic you can talk about with a boyfriend. Once you start reflecting on everything you’ve been through, you’ll feel a strong connection with each other.
You’ll realize how you’ve been through a lot together, both good and bad, but you didn’t let anything ruin your love.
The emotions you feel for one another are still there and you don’t plan on losing them anywhere down the road. And trust me, it doesn’t get better than this realization.
Here are some of the questions you can ask your partner to reignite the flame between you.
1. What first comes to mind when you hear our song?
2. What did you think when you saw me for the first time?
3. What made you fall for me? Was there a moment when you realized that you needed me in your life?
4. How did you feel when you kissed me for the first time?
5. What’s your favorite memory of us?
6. What do you remember about the day we met? Is there a specific memory that comes to mind?
7. When we first started dating, did you think our relationship would last this long?
8. What’s your funniest memory of us?
9. Do you think that we’ve changed since we first started dating?
10. Is there something about us that has still remained the same since we started dating?
11. When was the first time you realized that you wanted to kiss me?
12. When was the first moment you realized that you were in love with me?
13. What’s the first thing you noticed about me that made you feel attracted to me?
14. How did you feel when I told you that I love you?
15. Do you remember what went through your head the moment you first reached out to kiss me?
16. Do you still feel butterflies when we kiss?
17. Was there a particular moment when you realized that I liked you?
18. What’s your favorite romantic place we ever visited?
19. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to us?
20. Have you ever let me win a game against you?
21. Have I ever made you blush for any reason?
22. What’s the craziest thing we’ve done together and would you want to do it again?
23. Do you remember when was the first time you got mad at me?
24. At what point did you realize that you wanted us to be official?
25. What’s your favorite dream about me?
8. Personal questions about your relationship
Another romantic topic to talk about with a boyfriend is personal questions about your relationship. Let each other see how close you are, enjoy the connection you have, and be grateful for having such an easy-going relationship.
These questions will make you realize that you made the right choice. And you don’t regret it, not even for a second.
1. What’s the one thing you feel our relationship is missing?
2. If our relationship ever ended, what’s the one thing about it you’d miss the most?
3. Do you feel free in our relationship? Or do you feel like you’re under some sort of pressure?
4. What’s one secret you always wanted to tell me but you still haven’t?
5. Do you think that I’m the right person for you? And if so, why?
6. What’s something that makes our relationship completely different from everyone else’s?
7. Is there something you would like to change about our relationship?
8. What’s one thing you’re scared to ask me but you really want to know the answer to because you think it’ll improve our relationship?
9. How much do I mean to you?
10. How do you describe me to others?
11. What’s the greatest weakness of our relationship?
12. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you wake up next to me?
13. Do you ever miss me when we’re not together?
14. What’s your favorite nickname that I call you?
15. When you’re alone, do you ever wish that I’m right there next to you?
16. What’s the craziest thing you would do for me without thinking twice about the decision?
17. Has our relationship changed you in any way and do you think it’s for the better?
18. Do you ever smile stupidly at your phone when you see a message from me?
19. What’s one thing that always reminds you of me?
20. What’s the best part of being in a relationship with me?
21. Do you ever talk about me to your friends?
22. Do you believe that we were destined to be together?
23. Is there something you regret about our relationship?
24. Do you think we’re soulmates?
25. If everything happens for a reason, then why do you think that we met?
I bet you were skeptical when you first started reading this article since you couldn’t think of one single subject you could talk about. However, I hope that you now realize that there are many different things you can discuss with your partner.
All of these romantic topics to talk about with a boyfriend will bring you closer to each other. They will make you realize how lucky you are to be in one another’s lives and that’s one of the best feelings in the world.
Hopefully these topics will help you have the best conversations of your life with the person who means the world to you. Fingers crossed it all works to your advantage!