Sometimes, silence says more than words possibly could. These relationship silence quotes will remind you of that.
When you say nothing, it could be more powerful than when you say a lot.
There are situations when you just don’t know what to say.
You could find yourself sitting in the same room with your loved one in complete silence.
These relationship silence quotes might help to explain that feeling.
Sometimes, you could enjoy that silence, but other times, it means that there’s nothing left to say.
Relationship silence quotes will show you how many meanings silence can have.
Silence could mean that you’re peaceful, mad, speechless, or even having an epiphany.
That’s not even all it could mean. Yet, somehow, we can understand the meaning of a particular silence that’s happening.
Read these profound relationship silence quotes to realize things you might never have thought of before.
When there’s silence in a relationship, it might mean that you have something special.
It’s great when you find a person you can simply enjoy silence with. Maybe you even understand each other without having to say a word.
On the other hand, sometimes couples experience silence when the relationship is coming to an end.
These relationship silence quotes will help you deal with it.
Maybe you just need to put effort into the relationship, and there are quotes that could inspire you to do so.
Right now, you need relationship silence quotes to help you understand the way you’re feeling.
Maybe it’s time for walking away from someone you love – one of the hardest things a person could have to do. Quotes about it could help you feel better.
But having a need to read relationship silence quotes doesn’t have to mean that there’s a problem with your relationship. Maybe you just want a partner who won’t force you to talk when you just want to sit quietly.
Silence doesn’t have to be awkward or indicate that something’s wrong. These relationship silence quotes will remind you of that.
Maybe you want to send them to your partner to express yourself. In that case, you might want to look at heart touching love quotes as well.
For each of these moments, read these relationship silence quotes and pick the one that best describes the situation you’re in.
Feel free to share it on your social media profile and help others understand you.
Profound Relationship Silence Quotes
1. “Be silent in two situations. 1) When you feel one can’t understand your feelings from words. 2) When one can understand without any words.”
2. “Sometimes silence is a really good answer.”
3. “Silence heals, silence soothes, silence comforts, silence purifies, silence revitalizes us.”
Dada J. P. Vaswani
4. “My fear of being real, of being seen, paralyzes me into silence. I crave the touch and the connection, but I’m not always brave enough to open my hand and reach out.
This is the great challenge: to be seen, accepted, and loved, I must first reveal, offer, and surrender.”
5. “Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.”
6. “The most dangerous animal in the world is a silent smiling woman.”
7. “No sound in this world can be louder than silence. If someone understands your silence, that person will never misunderstand your words…”
8. “Don’t waste words with people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.”
9. “I promise to dream with you both great dreams and small dreams. To ask your counsel in times of uncertainty. To honor your silence when you seek to be alone. To be ever wondrous at your curiosities and revelations. And to be ever rejuvenated by your passions …”
10. “Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively verbalizing.”
William S. Burroughs
11. “Listen to the silence. It has much to say.”
12. “Being silent is a great way to let someone know they did something wrong.”
13. “And now there is merely silence, silence, silence, saying all we did not know.”
William Rose Benet
14. “Silence (in a relationship) is never your friend. Communication is the pathway to healing and growth.”
15. “Seeing her sitting there unresponsive makes me realize that silence has a sound.”
16. “Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute.”
17. “We’re fascinated by the words – but where we meet is in the silence behind them.”
18. “A woman’s silence says it all. Her silence and lack of expression mean that she’s reached her breaking point.”
19. “I prefer not to elaborate on the various stages of our dealings over the next few days – disbelief, anger, recrimination, the raking up of old sores, bitter silence, and so on – but I can say that they gave lasting strength to our relationship like a thick scar is stronger than the skin around it.”
20. “Many times in life I’ve regretted the things I’ve said without thinking. But I’ve never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken.”
21. “Silence isn’t empty, it’s full of answers.”
22. “Silence doesn’t always mean ‘Yes.’ Sometimes it means, ‘I’m tired of explaining to people who don’t even care to understand.’”
23. “Under all speech that is good for anything, there lies a silence that is better. Silence is deep as Eternity; speech is shallow as Time.”
24. “The silence stretched out between us as I stared at him, the tears blurring my vision as I waited for him to save me from this torment. Surely he could find a way.”
25. “The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly times pause.”
26. “Nothing at times is more expressive than silence.”
27. “Spiteful words can hurt your feelings… But silence can break your heart…”
28. “To become an effective listener, you need to learn the power of silence. Silence gives you the opportunity to think about what is being said before you respond.”
29. “Silence falls, pulsing with the truth of what I’ve learned and what Dean has yet to acknowledge. Our relationship, our love, cannot and will never be perfect.
It will, however, always belong only to us in all its flawed, intense beauty. Perfect in its very imperfection.”
30. “Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.”
31. “Somewhere we know that without silence, words lose their meaning.”
32. “A meaningful silence is always better than meaningless words…”
33. “Don’t force someone to remember you all the time. Just stay silent and let them realize how they will be without you in their life.”
34. “At least if I keep my love a secret, he and I can still have this wonderful, odd, exciting relationship where I love him in silence and pretend he’s loving me in silence too.”
35. “Speak only if it improves upon the silence.”
36. “Silence is one of the great arts of conversation.”
Marcus Tullius Cicero
37. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
Martin Luther King Jr
38. “When the truth is replaced by silence, the silence is a lie.”
39. “There can be nothing more baffling in a human relationship than silence, the dark loom of doubts and questions unexpressed.”
40. “If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
41. “Silences have a climax when you have got to speak.”
42. “I need someone who is comfortable with awkward silences and doesn’t mind me not talking most of the time.”
43. “Silence and smiles are two powerful tools. Smile is the way to solve many problems and Silence is the way to avoid many problems.”
44. “Prayer means that in some unique way, we believe we’re invited into a relationship with someone who hears us when we speak in silence.”
45. “Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent.”
Dionysius I of Syracuse
46. “A silent hug means a thousand words to the unhappy heart.”
47. “Sometimes a fight saves a relationship, where silence breaks it. Speak up for your heart, so that you won’t have regrets.”
48. “We fell into silence, both of us keeping our own secrets of what we’d suffered in the other’s absence. I wondered if we were trying to protect each other or simply didn’t want to admit to our own fears and weaknesses.”
49. “It is always assumed by the empty-headed, who chatter about themselves for want of something better, that people who do not discuss their affairs openly must have something to hide.”
Honoré de Balzac
50. “Silence doesn’t mean that a person quit, it simply means that they don’t want to argue with people who just don’t want to understand.”
51. “Great souls suffer in silence.”
52. “Don’t ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness for weakness.”
53. “Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken.”
Orson Scott Card
54. “You hesitate to stab me with a word, and know not – silence is the sharper sword.”
55. “My silence is just another word for my pain.”
56. “Silence is the great teacher and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence.”
57. “Silence does not always mark wisdom.”
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
58. “Silence is the medication for sorrow.”
59. “When a woman no longer gets frustrated and upset with you, you can almost guarantee that she doesn’t care anymore. Silence is deadly.”
60. “Silence is not always tact, and it is tact that is golden – not silence.”
61. “Always have something to say. The man who has something to say and who is known never to speak unless he has is sure to be listened to.”
62. “Silence is a fence around wisdom.”
63. “I always believed that my silence on several topics will be an advantage in the long run.”
64. “Sometimes we maintain silence to protect a beautiful relation, but what we forget is, too much silence can create distance in every beautiful relation.”
65. “In times like the present, men should utter nothing for which they would not willingly be responsible through time and eternity.”
66. “The silent man is the best to listen to.”
67. “How beautiful it is to stay silent when someone expects you to be enraged.”
68. “If talk is cheap then my silence is diamonds.”
69. “My love for you is infinitely greater than mere words can describe which is why I have fallen silent.”
70. “The silence depressed me. It wasn’t the silence of silence.
It was my own silence.”
71. “Laying with someone in silence, no words at all, just breathing and feeling like you’re having the best conversation of your life. Ya, that.”
72. “I’m afraid of silence because it screams the truth.”
73. “Silence is the universal refuge, the sequel to all dull discourses and all foolish acts, a balm to our every chagrin, as welcome after satiety as after disappointment.”
Henry David Thoreau
74. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.”
75. “A properly kept silence is a beautiful thing; it is nothing less than the father of very wise thoughts.”
76. “Silence is the true friend that never betrays.”
77. “Silence is the unbearable repartee.”
78. “Distance doesn’t separate people but silence does.”
79. “An inability to stay quiet is one of the most conspicuous failings of mankind.”
80. “Silence is the best response to a fool.”
81. “Let the veil of silence fall presently over what happened afterward. Silence, too, can speak out.”
82. “Your silence will not protect you.”
83. “My silence means I’d rather talk to myself than to you…”
84. “One of the greatest sounds of them all – and to me, it is a sound – is utter, complete silence.”
85. “Silence is so freaking loud.”
86. “Silence speaks when words can’t.”
87. “Silence is the safest course for any man to adopt who distrusts himself.”
François De La Rochefoucauld
88. “Silence is argument carried out by other means.”
89. “We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
90. “And silence, like a poultice, comes to heal the blows of sound.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes
91. “True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment, and refreshment.”
92. “Work hard in silence, let success make all the noise.”
93. “The cruelest lies are often told in silence.”
Robert Louis Stevenson
94. “Do not tell secrets to those whose faith and silence you have not already tested.”
95. “Maybe my silence is trying to tell you something.”
96. “Sometimes, not saying anything is the best answer. You see, silence can never be misquoted.”
97. “Do not take my silence for defeat. I am simply deciding not to encourage your stupidity.”
98. “Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answer.”
99. “To communicate through silence is a link between the thoughts of man.”
100. “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
101. “In the silence, I rediscover who I am.”
102. “Open your mouth only if what you are going to say is more beautiful than silence.”
103. “Silence is the most powerful scream.”
104. “Silence is a source of great strength.”
105. “The silence of a treacherous man is to be feared even more than his words.”
106. “Silence speaks so much louder than screaming tantrums. Never give anyone an excuse to say that you’re crazy.”
107. “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.”
108. “Words can hurt one’s feelings. But silence, it can damage a person.
Silence speaks louder than you’ll ever know.”
109. “Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.”
Leonardo da Vinci
110. “When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.”
111. “I’ve begun to realize that you can listen to silence and learn from it. It has a quality and a dimension all its own.”
112. “Wise men are not always silent, but they know when to be.”
113. “Silence can be a person’s loudest cry. You know you have really hurt someone when they start ignoring you!”
114. “Silence is pure and holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking.”
115. “I decided it is better to scream. Silence is the real crime against humanity.”
116. “Sometimes during a moment of silence… you get to hear everything.”
117. “My silence is not a weakness but the beginning of my revenge.”
118. “Life’s most deep feelings are often expressed in silence and the one who can read volumes from your silence is your true companion.”
119. “Go ahead and give me the silent treatment. Quite frankly, I look forward to the peace and quiet.”
120. “Saying nothing… sometimes says the most.”
121. “Silence is sometimes the severest criticism.”
122. “Sometimes, you just have to stay silent, because no words can explain what’s going on in your mind and heart.”
123. “Silence gives the proper grace to women.”
124. “Patience and silence are two powerful energies. Patience makes you mentally strong, silence makes you emotionally strong!”
125. “When she is happy, she can’t stop talking, when she is sad, she doesn’t say a word.”
126. “Silence is a girl’s loudest cry. If she is speechless, her heart is too tired for words.”
127. “There are some people who could hear you speak a thousand words and still not understand you. And there are others who will understand you without you even speaking a word.”
128. “To silence another, first be silent yourself.”
129. “Narcissists instinctively know that the best way to hurt the person who loves them is to give them the silent treatment.”
130. “Silence was never written down.”
131. “A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether or not to say it.”
132. “I choose to love you in silence, for in silence I found no rejection, I choose to love you in my dreams, for in my dreams no one owns you but me.”
133. “Classy is when you have a lot to stay but you choose to remain silent in front of fools.”
134. “Silence becomes cowardice when the occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.”
135. “Learn to sit back and observe. Not everything needs a reaction.”
136. “Have the maturity to know that sometimes silence is more powerful than having the last word.”
137. “Silence is the best answer you can give to an issue. What’s the use of admitting, denying, and to justify, when you have been already judged.”