Have you already met that special someone that you just know you’ll spend eternity with? If so, let me congratulate you and wish you everything that’s beautifully described in quotes about soulmates!
True love, understanding, care, trust, and eternity with your other half. These are things we all look for, and you shouldn’t despair if you haven’t found that yet.
Have you ever worked on a difficult puzzle?
Just remember how hard it was to find the right piece and where it would fit.
Sure, sometimes you can clearly see the two pieces that fit together…
But other times, you try and try, but no piece seems to fit… Or you’re left with a piece of the puzzle that you have no idea where to put at first.
Remember how hard it can be – how frustrated you feel and hopeless it seems… It takes hours – days even – but eventually, you finish the puzzle and everything fits together perfectly.
Unless, of course, you give up.
Do you know how complicated and annoying it sometimes is to see all those pieces with random colors and shapes?
But once you put effort into finding out which of them fit together, they turn into a beautiful picture that you can enjoy.
Sometimes, you just want to start over, so you break it all back into pieces. Other times, you frame it and enjoy it forever.
When you find your soulmate, it feels like you’ve found your missing piece.
Quotes about soulmates remind us of that, whether we’re enjoying the picture or still working on the puzzle.
When two people who are meant to be together finally meet, they somehow recognize each other. It feels like they’ve known each other a long time before they ever actually met.
This is because soulmates connect through the eyes, and quotes about soulmates describe this connection.
It’s something so incredibly strong that you feel like you could actually touch it in physical form.
The connection between two soulmates actually exists before they’ve even met.
This is why you can see the signs your soulmate is thinking of you even if you don’t know each other.
If you don’t really believe in all this, quotes about soulmates could help you realize that you, too, will find that special someone.
Or maybe you already have, so I don’t need to tell you that soulmates really exist.
Perhaps you just don’t agree with the term soulmates, and that’s okay. You could call these quotes about soulmates quotes about true love.
And everyone believes in true love, even if they pretend they don’t.
Maybe you are lucky and have already found your true love.
In that case, send one of these quotes about soulmates to your partner to show them how much they mean to you.
If you haven’t met “the one” yet, you might be doubting the concept of true love…
But deep down, I’m sure that you know that it’s real and that you’ll one day get to experience it for yourself.
Until then, let these quotes about soulmates encourage you to keep believing even before you meet yours.
Be aware that there are different types of soulmates though.
I focused on the love that lasts forever, but just because love ends doesn’t mean that it wasn’t true.
I could go on and tell you more of my thoughts on this subject, but there are wiser people who have talked about it.
Find out what they’ve said in these quotes about soulmates and let them inspire your thoughts on true love.
Beautiful quotes about soulmates and true love
1. “I feel like a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything. Maybe we’re from the same star.”
2. “Our universe grants every soul a twin, a reflection of themselves, the kindred spirit. And no matter where they are or how far away they are from each other, even if they are in different dimensions, they will always find one another. This is destiny; this is love.”
3. “My soulmate is out there somewhere, pushing a pull door… I just know it.”
4. “Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.”
5. “‘What’s the difference?’ I asked him. ‘Between the love of your life, and your soulmate?’ ‘One is a choice, and one is not.'”
Tarryn Fisher (Mud Vein)
6. “When the soul is ready, its mate will appear.”
7. “You’re going to meet someone who invests in you and wholeheartedly cares. You’re going to meet someone who is attentive to your needs and wants. You’re going to meet someone who is so clear and bold with their love for you that you will never have to question how they feel about you.”
8. “If someone could reach into my chest and tear out my heart and turn it into a living, breathing person, Isaiah would be it.”
9. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.”
10. “True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend.”
11. “When love runs soul-deep, a kiss is no longer just a kiss. It is the place where heaven and earth meet.”
12. “Sometimes I think a soulmate is someone who will make you be the most you that you can possibly be.”
13. “She fell in love with his soul before she could touch his skin. If that isn’t love, then I don’t know what is.”
14. “I couldn’t imagine that I’d ever fall in love again like I had with Gideon. For better or worse, he was my soulmate. The other half of me. In many ways, he was my reflection.”
15. “A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever. It’s the one person who knew you and accepted you and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would.”
Dawson Leery (Dawson’s Creek)
16. “A heart worth loving is one you understand, even in silence.”
Shannon L. Alder
17. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”
18. “Soulmates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are always perfect for you.”
19. “Ever since I met you, nobody else is worth thinking about.”
20. “I want to be your soulmate, even if I don’t believe in them.”
21. “If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.”
22. “A soulmate is not found. A soulmate is recognized.”
23. “I finally found you, my missing puzzle piece. I’m complete.”
24. “When you meet someone special, you’ll know. Your heart will beat more rapidly and you’ll smile for no reason.”
25. “I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.”
26. “‘Our souls already know each other, don’t they?’ he whispered. ‘It’s our bodies that are new.'”
27. “Soulmates are muses. The people in your life you despise, disrespect, and desire the most.”
Coco J. Ginger
28. “A soulmate is an overused term, but a true soul connection is very rare and very real.”
29. “Your soulmate is the person who mends your broken heart. By giving you theirs.”
30. “Someone you haven’t even met yet is wondering what it’d be like to know someone like you.”
31. “One day someone is going to hug you so tight that all of your broken pieces fit back together.”
32. “A bond between souls is ancient – older than the planet.”
33. “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life … to strengthen each other … to be at one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories.”
34. “There is a special bond between twin soulmates – unconditional love, respect for each other, bringing out the best in each other, and highly compatible.”
35. “You don’t find love, it finds you. It’s got a little bit to do with destiny, fate, and what’s written in the stars.”
36. “There comes a time when you meet someone and you just want to make them smile for the rest of your life.”
37. “When two souls fall in love, there is nothing else but the yearning to be close to the other. The presence is felt through a held hand, a voice heard, and the sight of a smile. Even through a simple touch. Souls do not have calendars or clocks, nor do they understand the notion of time or distance. They only know it feels right to be with one another. This is the reason why you miss someone so much when they are not around. Your soul feels their absence – it doesn’t realize the separation is temporary.”
38. “People give flowers as presents because flowers contain the true meaning of love. Anyone who tries to possess a flower will have to watch its beauty fading. But if you simply look at a flower on a field, you will keep it forever, because the flower is part of the evening and the sunset and the smell of damp earth and the clouds on the horizon.”
39. “A soulmate is the one person whose love is powerful enough to motivate you to meet your soul, to do the emotional work of self-discovery, of awakening.”
Soulmates quotes that prove the power of true love
40. “When deep down in the core of your being you believe that your soulmate exists, there is no limit to the ways he or she can enter your life.”
41. “You know you’ve found the one when he’s scared that he would ever lose you.”
42. “When it’s time for souls to meet, there’s nothing on earth that can prevent them from meeting.”
43. “Do you think the universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences.”
44. “The greatest love stories are not those in which love is only spoken, but those in which it is acted upon.”
45. “They fought all the time and challenged each other every day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.”
Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook)
46. “Soulmates tend to find each other during the respective pursuits of their soul missions. Creating a soulmate could be seen as a spiritual reward that we give ourselves, after pursuing many soul contracts rife with discord.”
47. “The heart knows when the search is over.”
48. “You meet thousands of people who don’t connect with you. And then you meet that one special person and your life is changed. Forever.”
49. “Throughout life, you will meet one person who is unlike any other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored. You could tell them anything and they would never judge you… this person is your soulmate, your best friends… don’t ever let them go.”
50. “I recognized you instantly. All of our lives flashed through my mind in a split second. I felt a pull so strongly towards you that I almost couldn’t stop it.”
51. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
52. “Have you ever felt really close to someone? So close that you can’t understand why you and the other person have two separate bodies, two separate skins?”
53. “Nothing can break the soul bond between twin flames. No matter how long you’re apart or what happens you are always connected.”
54. “How blessed it truly is, to stumble upon a soul that wants nothing but smiles and sunshine for you, for the rest of your life.”
55. “Two souls don’t find each other by simple accident.”
56. “Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal.”
57. “I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times… In life after life, in age after age, forever.”
58. “The soulmate doesn’t have to be a romantic relationship. Sometimes in life, you meet people when you need them, and there is an immediate connection.”
Alison G. Bailey
59. “My soul and your soul are forever tangled.”
N. R. Hart
60. “One day, someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else.”
61. “She didn’t just fall in love with him once. She falls in love with him every time she looks at him.”
62. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.”
63. “A soulmate’s purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master.”
Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)
64. “Soulmates are those that we’ve known many lifetimes, have had many karmic contracts with, and with whom we have resolved conflicts. Marriage partners may or may not be soul mates, though they will be a soul contract. With true soul mates, there is no struggle. What’s leftover is love.”
Karen M. Black
65. “Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.”
66. “You look like the rest of my life.”
67. “If two hearts are meant to be together, no matter how long it takes, how far they go, how tough it seems, fate will bring them together to share their love forever.”
68. “Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own…”
69. “To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect.”
70. “The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all your mistakes and weaknesses, and still thinks you’re completely amazing.”
71. “The best love is the one that makes you a better person, without changing you into someone other than yourself.”
72. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.”
73. “If you want to attract a life partner as your soulmate, there are several illusions you will need to relinquish. One is that your soul mate is someone you will be with for the rest of your life. You can have a soul mate relationship that lasts a few weeks, months, or years. Time has nothing to do with the quality of your connection and its importance in your life.”
74. “Your soulmate is not someone that comes into your life peacefully. It is who comes to make you question things, who changes your reality, somebody that marks a before and after in your life. It is not the human being everyone has idealized, but an ordinary person, who manages to revolutionize your world in a second.”
75. “I used to believe in one true soulmate, but not anymore. I believe you can have a few.”
76. “I think we’re given multiple chances to meet multiple soulmates. Sure, you could meet a soulmate in high school. But that doesn’t mean if you don’t act on it, you’ll never meet anyone else. You will, just at a time that’s more convenient for you.”
77. “Having perfected our disguise, we spend our lives searching for someone we don’t fool.”
78. “Most people have more than one soulmate. A soulmate can come in the form of a life partner, friend, child, or lover. A soulmate can be someone with whom you share a spiritual path, a joint work in the world, or a commitment to be parents to certain souls. It can be one whose growth you are sponsoring, such as a child.”
79. “Soulmates aren’t the ones who make you happiest, no. They’re instead the ones who make you feel the most. Burning edges and scars and stars. Old pangs, captivation, and beauty. Strain and shadows and worry and yearning. Sweetness and madness and dreamlike surrender. They hurl you into the abyss. They taste like hope.”
80. “A soulmate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected, as though the communicating and communing that take place between us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace.”
81. “It’s a profoundly strange feeling, to stumble across someone whose desires are shaped so closely to your own, like reaching toward your reflection in a mirror and finding warm flesh under your fingertips.
If you should ever be lucky enough to find that magical, fearful symmetry, I hope you’re brave enough to grab it with both hands and not let go.”
Alix E. Harrow
82. “In any soulmate relationship, you will need to let go of the illusion that there is a perfect person waiting for you who will fulfill your every expectation and give your personality everything it desires once you are together. Do not expect your ideal soul mate to be someone who is always loving and easy to get along with, who agrees with everything you say or do, and who brings you a life of ease/comfort.”