Below is a list of things that you need to talk very openly about with your boyfriend if you want him to be your forever-person:
1. That you’re feeling upset. If he’s the kind of guy who will accuse you of being overly emotional every time you cry or try to talk about something serious, then it’s better to just break up with him right now.
If you don’t feel comfortable in being open with your partner, then your problems will just keep piling up until they finally come crashing down.
2. Your period. If you feel too embarrassed in stocking up his bathroom cabinets with pads or tampons, then maybe you should start looking for a guy you feel more comfortable with. Menstruation is a natural process.
If he acts like a little bit of tissue and blood is too gross for him to handle, then it’s time for him to grow up.
3. Your ex-boyfriends. Now you don’t have to start talking about how amazing your last boyfriend was in bed, but your current partner should at least have knowledge of the names of the people you have dated in the past.
After all, they too have played a part in shaping you into the person you are today. So it’s definitely worth having a discussion or two about them.
4. That you’re feeling horny. Stop waiting for him to initiate sex. If you feel like you’re in the mood, then you should never see any problem in telling him exactly what to do to you.
5. That you’re feeling pain during sex. It’s okay if you feel like stopping him at any point. If you don’t think you’re enjoying yourself, then always be sure that he knows about it.
If he really loves you, he will never want you to be in any kind of pain, especially not because of him. And he will want you to enjoy the sex just as much as he does.
6. The things you hope for in the future. Don’t just assume that you are both on the same page. You might be living with dreams of a wedding and babies, and he might be planning to spend the rest of his life alone. And you’re never going to know for sure until you actually ask.
7. All of the embarrassing moments you’ve had in life. If you don’t feel okay in telling him about that one time you threw up on a random stranger in the bus or the time you fell on stage in front of a thousand people, then who can you really tell? He is supposed to be that one person you feel comfortable in admitting all of your deep dark secrets to.
8. The way you like spending your money. How much credit are you both in? Does his job provide him with any benefits? How much do you both end up saving every month? These questions might seem boring and irrelevant to some couples, but they are extremely important if you hope to stick with this person in the long run.
9. Your views on religion. Faith might mean everything to some people and nothing to others. If you find your partner going to church every weekend or keeping a copy of some religious book at all times or just generally following a very specific mode of life, then you should probably set out a time to discuss how they would want to raise their kids and what kind of wedding they want to have.
10. The way you feel about his family members as well as friends. Do you sometimes feel like you hate his mother? Well, I’m not going to advise you to go tell him what a witch she is, but you should at least have a discussion about why you feel uncomfortable around her. Don’t understand why he’s still friends with some of the people you’ve met?
Don’t demand from him to stop meeting them but just let him know why they’re not your type. He deserve to know things like these.
11. The things you like and don’t like in the bedroom. If you don’t feel comfortable in talking about sex, then you shouldn’t be having it either.
12. All the celebrity crushes you have. Celebrity crushes are pretty harmless. It’s very unlikely for you to ever even meet them so your boyfriend shouldn’t be getting mad if you keep fawning over Zac Efron every time you catch a glimpse of his abs on TV.
13. The way you feel about him. Do you love him? Are you keen on moving in with him? Do you get annoyed with his constant snoring? He’s not a mind reader. He’s never going to guess the feelings you have about him. So just be open and spell it all out for him without hesitation.