Inspiring quotes can help us in letting go of toxic relationships so if you have found yourself in a toxic relationship with the wrong person or even a family member, these toxic relationship quotes will help you heal from your heartbreak and they will help you gain back your self-esteem and self-love. Whether you have experienced emotional abuse, physical abuse, an abusive relationship with a narcissist or even domestic violence, moving on is the only thing left to do.
If you are a victim of physical abuse by a toxic partner or a victim of domestic violence by a toxic family member, please get help and end that poisonous relationship. You deserve to achieve personal growth and to reach your fullest potential. To protect your mental health, you have to have healthy relationships so whether you are a victim of abuse or are involved with a narcissist, letting go is the only option.
However, moving on isn’t as easy as it sounds, so take any help that you can get. Toxic relationship quotes are here to remind you that you deserve better. This toxic love might have seriously harmed your mental health but practicing self-care rituals will help you regain your self-love as well as your self-esteem. At the end of the day, your own heart will tell you what it needs to heal.
These toxic relationship quotes are here to encourage you to end a toxic relationship. I know how hard moving on can be because I had a heartbreak of my own. I was in an abusive relationship with a narcissist and no amount of emotional abuse was enough for me to end the toxic love.
However, toxic relationship quotes gave me the courage to try. Moving on wasn’t easy but inspiring quotes and self-care rituals gave me the short-term happiness that I needed to heal and love quotes made me believe that I could have a good relationship. At the end of the day, that is what made it possible for me to find the real love that I deserve and now, I have short-term and long-term plans for reaching my fullest potential with the support of my significant other.
You have to understand that there are toxic people who you should remove from your life; it’s the only way to achieve the happiness that you deserve. And that doesn’t apply only when you are romantically involved with the wrong person but when family members are toxic people as well. If this is the case, your toxic family member has done you enough harm already but now you are grown up, and you deserve to have only healthy relationships in your life.
It may instead be time that you realize that your toxic partner is a narcissist and he is stopping you from finding real love. Letting go of your toxic significant other is the best thing that you can do for your personal growth. Abusive relationships are poisonous relationships, and they can only lead to domestic violence so to find a significant other with whom you will have a good relationship, end it with your toxic partner right now.
Inspirational quotes about moving on will show you that you have to do it. Toxic relationship quotes to inspire and teach you will show you that you can do it and inspirational quotes to make you strong will give you the strength to finally do it. Once you are ready, read our love quotes as well, to make you believe that you will find love again. Love quotes are a great ending to your toxic relationship because they will show you that a new beginning is on the horizon.
80 Toxic relationship quotes to help you let go
When you keep getting into bad relationships, you have to find the strength to end the cycle and these inspirational quotes are here to help you with it. You have to understand that toxic people are bad for you and bad relationships could seriously harm your well-being.
However, we have all experienced it, and that includes some famous people. These toxic relationship quotes will prove that to you and make you see that you are not alone. There wouldn’t be this many toxic relationship quotes if a lot of people didn’t completely understand what you are going through and they have felt it on their own skin. So let their toxic relationship quotes help you heal, move on, and find true love.
Bad relationship quotes about moving on
1. “Stop setting yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.”
2. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.”
4. “Toxic relationships are dangerous to your health; they will literally kill you. Stress shortens your lifespan. Even a broken heart can kill you. There is an undeniable mind-body connection. Your arguments and hateful talk can land you in the emergency room or in the morgue. You were not meant to live in a fever of anxiety; screaming yourself hoarse in a frenzy of dreadful, panicked fight-or-flight that leaves you exhausted and numb with grief. You were not meant to live like animals tearing one another to shreds. Don’t turn your hair gray. Don’t carve a roadmap of pain into the sweet wrinkles on your face. Don’t lay in the quiet with your heart pounding like a trapped, frightened creature. For your own precious and beautiful life, and for those around you — seek help or get out before it is too late. This is your wake-up call!”
5. “Stay away from people who think you’re arguing every time you try to express yourself.”
6. “Everyone deserves second chances, but not for the same mistake.”
7. “It was strange, really. A couple of months ago, I had thought I couldn’t live without him. Apparently, I could.”
Gabrielle Zevin, ‘Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac’
8. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much and forgetting that you are special too.”
9. “If you’re in a relationship, and all you do is cry, you need to stop and ask yourself, are you dating a human or an onion?”
10. “Poisonous relationships can alter our perception. You can spend many years thinking you’re worthless. But you’re not worthless. You’re underappreciated.”
11. “Sometimes, your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.”
12. “Sometimes, there are things in life that aren’t meant to stay. Sometimes change may not be what we want. Sometimes change is what we need.”
Don Bolena Jr.
13. “Some people won’t love you no matter what you do. Some people won’t stop loving you no matter what you do. Go where the love is.”
14. “That’s the thing about toxic relationships. They aren’t always toxic. They give us moments of happiness that we wish would last a lifetime. Those are the moments we cling onto. You convince yourself that there is enough love, underneath all of the chaos and mayhem you created in each other’s lives. You tell yourself that maybe there’s enough love left to make things work. And this made you question every little thing, including yourself. Maybe it wasn’t just him that was toxic. Maybe I was toxic to myself by continually opening the same closed doors, very well knowing there was nothing good behind them.”
Finding Bohemia, A Number of Letters
15. “You forfeited the right to be concerned about my well being when you became the reason my being wasn’t well.”
16. “The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become.”
17. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.”
Shannon L. Alder
18. “It is better for someone to break your heart once by leaving your life, than for them to stay in your life and break your heart continually.”
19. “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them……they always say the problem is someone else.”
20. “I refuse to please others at the expense of my emotional well being. Even if it means saying “no” to people who are used to hearing ‘yes’.”
21. “Don’t lose yourself holding on to someone that doesn’t care about you.”
22. “Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family.”
23. “A good relationship is when someone accepts your past, supports your present, and encourages your future.”
24. “You think you can change a guy, that he’ll be different with you, that you’ll finally be the one to tame him… and before you know it, you’re alone in your underwear at nine o’clock on a Saturday night, crying to Adele songs, eating ice cream straight from the gallon, and wondering what the hell is the matter with you that you fell for such a goddamned man-child, after he explicitly warned you not to.”
Julie Johnson, The Monday Girl
Bad relationship quotes to inspire and teach
25. “There comes a time to stop trying to make things right with people that won’t own their part in what went wrong.”
26. “Closure happens right after you accept that letting go and moving on is more important than projecting a fantasy of how the relationship could have been.”
27. “Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; it’s only good for wallowing in.”
28. “Staying in an unhealthy relationship that robs you of peace of mind, is not being loyal. It is choosing to hurt yourself mentally, emotionally, and sometimes physically.”
29. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
30. “Find the strength inside yourself to value your own worth more than staying with someone who only keeps you down.”
31. “Sometimes, you need to give up on people, not because you don’t care but because they don’t.”
32. “Dear Self: Stop re-opening your doors for toxic people, then calling it ‘seeking closure.’ Certain things don’t work out in life . . . and that’s ok.”
33. “When being in a toxic relationship in life at times, you may have to step outside yourself, to see yourself, so you can find yourself and love yourself again.”
34. “If you constantly have to tell someone the exact thing about how you feel and they don’t change it, understand they don’t care and don’t respect you.”
35. “Don’t let someone who did you wrong make you think there’s something wrong with you. Don’t devalue yourself because they didn’t value you. Know your worth even if they don’t.”
36. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.”
37. “A toxic relationship keeps dragging you down. It never helps you in becoming better.”
38. “Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
39. “Has he ever trapped you in a room and not let you out?
Has he ever raised a fist as if he were going to hit you?
Has he ever thrown an object that hit you or nearly did?
Has he ever held you down or grabbed you to restrain you?
Has he ever shoved, poked, or grabbed you?
Has he ever threatened to hurt you?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then we can stop wondering whether he’ll ever be violent; he already has been.”
40. “May you reach that level within, where you no longer allow your past or people with toxic intentions to negatively affect or condition you.”
50. “Like arsenic, toxic people will slowly kill you. They kill your positive spirit and play with your mind and emotions. The only cure is to let them go.”
51. “When you notice someone does something toxic the first time, don’t wait for the second time before you address it or cut them off. Many survivors are used to the “wait and see” tactic, which only leaves them vulnerable to a second attack. As your boundaries get stronger, the wait time gets shorter. You never have to justify your intuition.”
52. “The people in your life should be a source of reducing stress, not causing it.”
53. “The only thing worse than being in a bad relationship for one year is being in it for a year and a day.”
Toxic relationship quotes to make you strong
54. “That’s all you can do in this world, no matter how strong the current beats against you, or how heavy your burden, or how tragic your love story. You keep going.”
Robyn Schneider, ‘Extraordinary Means’
55. “You cannot fix him. He has been the same and won’t change now. Instead, try to save yourself and get out of the toxic relationship.”
56. “Sometimes, the best revenge is to smile and move on.”
57. “All too often, women believe it is a sign of commitment, an expression of love, to endure unkindness or cruelty, to forgive and forget. In actuality, when we love rightly, we know that the healthy, loving response to cruelty and abuse is putting ourselves out of harm’s way.”
58. “The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will. Let them go.”
Release the toxic and infectious-
Spreaders of misery,
Souls destroying souls-
And poisonous liars.
Awaken from the hallucinations-
And take back your heart.
Reclaim your self-esteem-
And leave the toxic be.”
Giorge Leedy, Uninhibited From Lust To Love
60. “Never love someone so much that you ignore the truth about them.”
61. “When people make you feel unwanted, don’t leave to make them feel sad o guilty, they won’t. Leave because you no longer have a reason to stay. Sometimes you have to be strong for yourself. What’s meant to be will end up good and what’s not – won’t. Love is worth fighting for, but sometimes you can’t be the only one fighting. At times, people need to fight for you. If they don’t, you just have to move on and realize what you gave them was more than they were willing to give you and more than they deserve.”
62. “Until you let go of all the toxic people in your life, you will never be able to grow into your fullest potential. Let them go so you can grow.”
63. “Relationships are supposed to make you feel good. Relationships are not supposed to make you feel bad. Or guilty, insecure, ashamed, paranoid, or hopeless. So when a relationship makes you feel bad, guilty, insecure, ashamed, paranoid, or hopeless. End it. Get over him. Move on.”
64. “The scars from mental cruelty can be as deep and long-lasting as wounds from punches or slaps but are often not as obvious. In fact, even among women who have experienced violence from a partner, half or more report that the man’s emotional abuse is what is causing them the greatest harm.”
65. “The best way to move forward is to let go of people holding you back.”
66. “Do not hold your breath for anyone,
Do not wish your lungs to be still,
It may delay the cracks from spreading,
But eventually, they will.
Sometimes to keep yourself together
You must allow yourself to leave,
Even if breaking your own heart
Is what it takes to let you breathe.”
67. “If someone messes up, let them know, but if they keep messing up, let them go.”
68. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.”
69. “Losing will not always amount to a loss, sometimes you have to lose those toxic relationships and bad habits to create a space for better things.”
Gift Gugu Mona
70. “When he’s the last thing you need, he’ll drain you. He’ll exhaust you. He’ll destroy you. And you won’t see it that way. In fact, you won’t notice it at all. But everyone else will.”
71. “I didn’t lose you, you lost me. You’ll search for me inside of everyone you’re with, and I won’t be found.”
72. “A wrong relationship will make you feel more alone than when you were single.”
73. “We all have that toxic people around us that make our lives miserable… The day we take them out from our lives, we will all become better people, including them…”
74. “A bad relationship is like standing on broken glass; if you stay, you will keep hurting. If you walk away, you will hurt, but eventually, you will heal.”
75. “The walls between you and I always pushed us apart. It left nothing but scars fight after fight. And I’m done with you not treating me right.”
76. “Relationships end, but they don’t end your life. But people do often spending more time finding out about failed relationships than finding successful ones.”
77. “You are not broken. Someone who didn’t love you convinced that you are.”
78. “Everybody has bad relationships and, at the end of the day, they are just a great way to set yourself up for a good relationship.”
79. “When you realize that you’re constantly treating a person a lot better than they treat you, it’s time to make a change.”
80. “I love to shop after a bad relationship. I don’t know. I buy a new outfit and it makes me feel better. It just does. Sometimes I see a really great outfit I’ll break up with someone on purpose.”