When you really like a guy and you’re wondering why he’s really not reciprocating, it’s easy to get frustrated and try harder to make him see what a great catch you are. Of course, you should know by now that you can’t force a guy to like you. If he does, he’ll automatically do these things.
1. HE’LL TEXT YOU MORE THAN YOU TEXT HIM. It’s a lie that guys hate texting and find it super annoying. The truth is that if a guy is really interested in you, he’ll text you much more than you message him and it’ll stay that way throughout your whole relationship. He won’t be able to stop himself from asking how your day is going, cracking jokes, and sharing his own life with you this way.
2. HE’LL MOVE EVERYTHING FORWARD. He’ll never let you leave a date without setting up the next one. He always makes sure that you know that he’s having a good time with you and that you’re a really cool person. You’ll get the feeling that things are progressing in the right direction and you’ll never doubt that you’re going to keep seeing him.
3. HE’LL ARTICULATE HOW HE FEELS ABOUT YOU. When a guy likes you, he’ll tell you. You might not believe this—especially if you’ve had really bad experiences in the past and if you’ve dated guys who have been all, “Let’s not talk about emotions, let’s just be chill and see what happens!”—but it’s the truth. He’ll not only say that he likes you (and use those exact words) but he’ll tell you why. It’s a pretty great feeling.
4. HE’LL GET WAY SAPPIER THAN YOU EVER WOULD. Guys have a reputation for not only loathing text messages but also hating anything to do with romance. It’s just not true. A guy who likes you will absolutely be cheesy and sappy. He’ll say that he’s never felt this way before and that you’re the person that he’s been waiting for. He’ll text you sweet nothings (with emojis, of course) and you won’t believe your good luck.
5. HE’LL WANT TO SPEND ALL OF HIS TIME WITH YOU. He won’t call you clingy and he won’t say that he needs space. He won’t do anything that all of the guys before him did. He’ll make sure that he’s seeing you on a regular basis because the alternative (sitting home alone on a Saturday night and thinking about you) is way too depressing.
6. HE’LL TELL YOU ABOUT HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS. A guy who has no interest in ever dating you seriously isn’t going to waste his time chatting to you about his best friend from kindergarten or his sister. A guy who really wants to be your boyfriend, on the other hand, is totally going to spill the beans about the people in his life.
7. HE’LL SHOW EMOTIONAL MATURITY. When a guy really likes you, he knows that he has to step it up or he’ll risk losing you. He gets that you’re a strong, amazing person and that you’re not going to date just anyone. Since he won’t want to miss his chance to be with you, he’ll make sure that you think that he’s emotionally mature. He’ll not only talk about his thoughts and feelings but will make sure that you’re both on the same page about where things are going.
8. HE’LL WANT TO SHARE NEW THINGS AND EXPERIENCES WITH YOU. Whether that’s binge-watching the latest season of Stranger Things or going to a yoga class because he knows that you love it, a guy’s got it bad when he wants to share things together.
9. HE’LL ACT NERVOUS A LOT OF THE TIME. It’s pretty adorable when a hilarious, confident guy turns to mush around a girl that he’s got a thing for. This guy’s going to be super nervous around you, even if you make it clear that you share his feelings and that you’re in the same boat. It’s actually really sweet.
10. HE’LL TAKE THINGS SLOW. Sure, he’s dying to kiss you (and more), but he doesn’t want to make you uncomfortable. He’ll take things slow so he’s sure that you trust him and that you’re as comfortable as you can be. It’s kind of funny because you might wonder if a guy who’s taking a while to kiss you or sleep with you even likes you at all, but he definitely does. In fact, that’s a sign that he likes you more than he’s ever liked anyone before. Once that all happens, it’ll be better than ever, and you’ll know that you’ve finally found your person.