20 Things Every Woman Should Understand About Love
1. When it comes to men, act like the buyer, not the seller.
2. Men are not women. They don’t want to watch The Fault In Our Stars with you.
3. The hottest guy in the room is usually a loser.
4. Hold on to your girlfriends. They will fulfill you in ways a man can’t.
5. Bitching and nagging don’t work. The only thing that really gets a man’s attention: leaving.
6. In a negotiation, you’ll probably end up with the least you’re willing to take. This is true when it comes to men also. So: have high standards and stick to them.
7. A man in love will do anything for you… until he realizes he has you. So when you give yourself to him, try to hold a little back to keep him on his toes.
8. Settling rarely works. It’s like buying something on credit — you’ll eventually have to pay. Be picky.
9. You don’t need to know how to cook but most men will appreciate it if you do.
10. There are some fantastic men out there but whether one of them becomes your boyfriend or husband depends a lot on how much you respect yourself.
11. Men want to be successful, at work and in their relationships. If you want to make him happy, show him that he’s succeeded in making you happy. (Conversely, complain all the time and he’ll associate you with failure.)
12. Don’t get caught up in how good a guy looks “on paper.” His resume might make him seem like a catch but he might just be a douchebag walking around in a catch’s clothing.
13. Men will aways look at attractive women, even when they’re in love. It’s not necessarily a bad thing. The good ones do it in a way that isn’t obvious.
14. If a guy isn’t into you, don’t doubt yourself — doubt him.
15. Your physical appearance isn’t the most attractive part of you. Looks fade; charm is forever.
16. Sex — and life, in fact — are most fun when you’re comfortable with yourself. If you’re not comfortable with yourself, you should make that a priority.
17. Don’t play hard to get. Be hard to get.
18. If you’re spending hours on the phone with your girlfriends analyzing a guy’s behavior, he’s not the one.
19. Don’t be an overpleaser when it comes to men. A woman who’s too nice is a turnoff.
20. If he’s not chasing you in the beginning, he’ll disappoint you in the end.