How to move on after a breakup, how to let go?
Breakups are hard, but recovering from a breakup is harder. It is really hard to find the meaning of life when you lose the love of your life. Moving on keeps time, moving on is not impossible. Here are some ways and also some quotes how to let go and move on after a breakup.
- Accept and let go of your feelings.
- Reflect on your role in the relationship.
- Allow yourself to feel bad.
- Accept the truth and be thankful.
- You are allowed to be sad.
- Accept the empty feeling.
- Don’t blame yourself.
- Practice releasing regrets.
- Get rid of things that remind you of your ex.
- Learn from your mistakes
- Recognize he/she is not the one for you.
- Enlist your support system.
- Get some alone time.
- Distance yourself for a while
- Avoid contacting your ex.
- Cut off all contact for real.
- But if you have to see your ex, keep it brief and professional.
- Focus only on what can be changed.
- Feel your feelings.
- Take a vacation.
- Work on forgiving yourself.
- Let go of the fantasy.
- Repeat positive self-affirmations to yourself.
- You don’t have to go through this alone, share it with your friends.
- Stalking and destructive behavior is illegal. Don’t even think about that.
- Accept that the pain is normal
- Find meaning in your experience.
- Look toward the future and don’tlook back
- Talk to a professional.
- Let some time pass.
- Claim ownership and full control of your life.
- Challenge your negative thoughts
Cry your eyes out if you feel like it.
- Delete photos of your ex from social media accounts
- Just remember that every relationship is a learning experience
- Don’t think about any time as lost.
- Make peace with the past.
- Write about your feelings
- Do something nice for yourself.
- Love yourself.
- Change the people around you.
- Find who you really are.
- Meet new people.
- Eat healthy.
- Get a makeover.
- Be brutally honest with yourself
- Remember the bad as well as the good.
- Know it is OK to still love them.
- Push yourself out of your comfort zone.
- Focus on the present moment.
- Reconnect with what you love.
- Get rid of what’s holding you back.
- But love yourself more.
- Find compassion.
- Rebuild your life.
- Get out and have fun.
- Be gentle with yourself.
- Focus on today.
- Try dating again.
- Find something to help take your mind off your heartbreak for a while, the feeling will pass with time
- Remember the benefits of moving on.
- Recognize there is someone out there for you.
- Think about the positive things in your life
- Embrace your independence
- Do the things you love
- Take up new activities.
- Spend time with friends.
In your process of healing maybe this quotes will help, so keep reading.
„Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.“
-Daphne Rose Kingma
„Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.“
„Pain will leave you, when you let go.“
„Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.“
„The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.“
„Suffering is not holding you. You are holding suffering. When you become good at the art of letting sufferings go, then you’ll come to realize how unnecessary it was for you to drag those burdens around with you. You’ll see that no one else other than you was responsible. The truth is that existence wants your life to become a festival.“
“It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.”
“You can meet someone who’s just right, but he might not be meant for you. You break up, you lose things, you never feel the same again. But maybe you should stop questioning why. Maybe you should just accept it and move on.”
„Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.“