A lot of girls watched Sex and the City, and re-running episodes through their teenage years, and later in like half of adulthood. Most of the girls were forbidden to watch this series, so they secretly became personally lodged into characters and in their lives, especially the main character – Carrie Bradshaw.
After reviewing a few episodes, we all wanted to take a pen, a paper and write whatever comes to our mind. Carrie always has something to write about, so she was an inspiration for many girls everywhere.
Some of these Carrie Bradshaw quotes we can apply to everyday life.
1.‘The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And, if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that’s just fabulous.’
Loving yourself is not just easy to be understood, and it can also mean that it is narcissism. Well, the thing is, when you love yourself, it dictates of how are you about to behave with people you have a relationship with. As Carrie said, it is important to find someone who loves us for who we truly are.
2. ‘I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.’
Even if you know there is no chance to see Carrie not being fabulous, she probably means that you don’t have to wear particular clothes and fit in a fashion like any other woman. Your own style is the ‘new sexy’.
3. ‘Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us and understand us and kiss our three heads and make it all better.’
You don’t have to be afraid ever, for having weird stuff or habit. You better be sure there is really someone who will love you the most, just because you are a mess.
4. ‘I got thinking about fate. That crazy concept that we’re not really responsible for the course our lives take. That it’s all predestined, written in the stars. Maybe that explains why, if you live in a city where you can’t see the stars, your love life tends to feel a little more random.’
Be spontaneous! It will happen what is meant. The weather needs to clean out.
5. ‘That attitude, by the way, that awareness on the part of a woman that time is a-tickin’ – it’s very sexy to a man.’
The more you play coldness, the more it excites a man.
6. ‘People say ‘Everything happens for a reason.’ These people are usually women. And these women are usually sorting through a break-up. It seems that men can get out of a relationship without even a ‘Goodbye.’ But, apparently, women have to either get married or learn something.’
Break up has a different meaning to men and women. Since Carrie is a woman, she considers the end of the relationship as her own misgiving.
7. ‘In the end, I decided I was definitely 34 going on 35, but in a city like New York, with its pace and its pressures, sometimes it’s important to have a 13-year-old moment. To remember a simpler time when the best thing in life was just hanging out, listening to records and having fun with your friends. In your very own apartment.’
As we are getting older, we get wiser and more prudent, because of our experience. Spending some time with people we love and care about has invaluable pleasure.
8. ‘Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.’
Although the past is responsible for our grained experience, we have to let it go if we want to move on in a better way.
9. ‘It wasn’t logic. It was love.’
Simply said, love is something you don’t need to explain to anyone. We are falling in love without any reason, so it is we cannot connect it to logic at any point.
10. ‘They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go. But friendships never go out of style!’
No matter how old we become we have to neglect friendship. There is always at least one person who knows us better than we know ourselves. Friendship is just like wine – the older it gets, the better it becomes.