8 Movies Every Couple Must Watch
Movies are a great way to not only spend some time with your partner but also go down memory lane and relate to similar instances and situations that happened with the two of you in real life. The romantic-comedy genre is perfect for couples to show love in a light and fun-filled manner.
We list 8 movies that couples can watch together to bond better:
1. Before Sunrise (1995) – A young man and woman meet on a train in Europe and wind up spending one evening together in Vienna. Unfortunately, both know that this will probably be their only night together. It’s the kind of drama you want to look forward to in your love life. It’s a story about the ‘love’ adventure that two absolute strangers experience in a matter of 24 eventful hours.
2. Crazy Stupid Love (2011) – A middle-aged husband’s life changes dramatically when his wife asks him for a divorce. He seeks to rediscover his manhood with the help of a newfound friend, Jacob, learning to pick up girls at bars. There are times in a relationship when you realize it’s just not working out or when you need some time off on your own, till you realize the importance of your partner. ‘Crazy Stupid Love’ is all about the turmoil one undergoes the chance and the time given to a relationship that can change things. The story is such that some moments will crack you up and some will make you sit up straight and go through things that you could have done differently. It’s a pleasant watch and you shouldn’t miss watching this one with your partner.
3. P.S. I Love You (2007) – A young widow discovers that her late husband has left her 10 messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life.This movie chants for ‘and…life must go on’ even if it’s without the one you love the most, as it makes you look at situations differently. Gerard Butler plays the goofy singer, a husband that no woman would mind, who ensures he leaves his tokens of love behind even after he is gone. It’s a tragedy that a young widow played by Hilary Swank has to face for the rest of her life, but she deals with it with help from her dead husband’s letters he’s left behind for her, one for every month of the year. It has got its moments of absolute sadness when you want to cry your heart out thinking of the best moments with your partner and it also portrays moments of joy with much ease.
4. Pretty Woman (1990) – A man in a legal but hurtful business needs an escort for some social events and hires a beautiful prostitute he meets.. only to fall in love. It’s only about luck and chance when a successful businessman played by Richard Gere, stops by in the wee hours of the night for directions to Beverly Hills from a hooker on the street. The story twists and turns in a matter of a day and transforms the pretty hooker, Julia Roberts into a sophisticated woman. It’s entertaining to see how she is so more clumsy but learns to walk in heels without losing her balance or falling and other traits sophisticated women portray. The fickle relationship between the two which later transforms into something meaningful will melt your heart.
5. Ugly Truth (2009) – A romantically challenged morning show producer is reluctantly embroiled in a series of outrageous tests by her chauvinistic correspondent to prove his theories on relationships and help her find love. His clever ploys, however, lead to an unexpected result. Gerard as the ‘love guru’ helps several such people win their love but the twist in the tale takes place when he realizes he’s fallen in love with her. A classic tale of falling in love with a person you cannot stand.
6. Love Actually (2003) – Follows the lives of eight very different couples in dealing with their love lives in various loosely interrelated tales all set during a frantic month before Christmas in London, England. The journey of love as we all may know is not always smooth, there are times when there is chaos all over. ‘Love Actually’ connects the love stories of several people and conveys the difference in the way each of them defines love.
7. Serendipity (2001) – A couple search for each other years after the night they first met, fell in love, and separated, convinced that one day they’d end up together. What if your love life is only dominated by chance, destiny or ‘serendipity?’ It’s strange but absolutely gripping to watch how a couple of hours with a stranger leads to a series of life-changing events. With Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack playing the leads, the story feels close to reality and is a must-watch for all couples.
8. My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997) – When a woman’s long-time friend reveals he’s engaged, she realizes she loves him herself and sets out to get him, with only days before the wedding. What if you realize you are in love with your best friend who is all set to get married soon? As long as it’s not your own story, it’s definitely intriguing to watch the situations and some not-so-fun events that people may have to face.